Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN: New Jersey owners, best Benz dealer to get warranty repair work done??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 06:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 E430 4matic
ATTN: New Jersey owners, best Benz dealer to get warranty repair work done??

I just bought my '01 E430, and i feel i may have a bad MAF or o2 sensor. Also have a few minor interior problems such as the compartment covers that won't stay shut. I am gettin terrible gas mileage, sometimes it displays 10mpg. I just filled up yesterday, and today, at 120 miles, i'm at 1/2 tank. My stang gets better gas mileage than this, yea the benz has a V8 too, but come on, hehe. So i need to find a good dealer to do my warranty work here in NJ, anyone??
Old 07-02-2004, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
ray catena is one of the largest benz dealers in the us and they are in edison, nj. they just had a new service center built thats huge that services benz, porsche and jaguar. they have pool tables, plasmas, indoor virtual golf range and internet stations in their waiting room. they are also the only dealer on the east coast certified to service the maybach. we bought (1) SL, (1) S, (1) CLK and (1) C class from ray catena and use their service dept all the time with no problems and we come from ny to use them. all the nyc dealers suck and we tried david michael in freehold and they suck too.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 E430 4matic
Ah sweet bro, thanks for the info. Yea i know exactly where that dealer is, i stopped in there a few times, real nice place.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
ray catena is one of the largest benz dealers in the us and they are in edison, nj. they just had a new service center built thats huge that services benz, porsche and jaguar. they have pool tables, plasmas, indoor virtual golf range and internet stations in their waiting room. they are also the only dealer on the east coast certified to service the maybach. we bought (1) SL, (1) S, (1) CLK and (1) C class from ray catena and use their service dept all the time with no problems and we come from ny to use them. all the nyc dealers suck and we tried david michael in freehold and they suck too.
Wow! They have all that? David Michael has...USA Today. That's it.

How is Ray for out of warranty, car not purchased from them, work as far as giving out loaners?
Old 07-07-2004, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Wow! They have all that? David Michael has...USA Today. That's it.

How is Ray for out of warranty, car not purchased from them, work as far as giving out loaners?
yeah the new service center is real nice. we bought (1) w140 and (1) w202 from david michael and i remember that their service dept sucked. i think the only thing i liked about their service dept was that they would come pick up your car for service and drop it off when completed. but i also remember they would always try to give us a ford taurus loaner car or some non sense like that if we wanted a loaner. this among other reasons was why we started to go to ray catena. i used their service dept a few times with the w202 that i got from david michael and they gave me no problems what so ever. i think they just didnt give me the priority times/dates for a service. it seemed i always had to make an appt like 2-3 weeks in advance. now, its like i can get an appt in a few days. im not sure if its because of A) we bought all of our present cars there B) they have alot more space, service advisors and techs now with the new service dept or C) both. regardless i would recommend them to anyone.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
If you want a loaner, Ray Catena asks for a 2 or three week appointment. If you're willing to wait for your car, you can usually come in a lot sooner. Bought my car from them and have used their service dept. No complaints.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
If you want a loaner, Ray Catena asks for a 2 or three week appointment.
i havent had to wait 2-3 weeks for an ML or C class loaner
Old 07-09-2004, 10:24 AM

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
i havent had to wait 2-3 weeks for an ML or C class loaner
Guess it depends upon their schedule at the time of the request.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:38 PM

2001 BMW 525 used to own '90 560 sec
How did you make out with Ray Catena? There service area is kick a$$.

My shop is about half hour from them. I called them to do warranty work for a customers car (Jag). They told me 5 weeks, in the end I did the work myself.
Don't think I am knocking them, I get a lot of parts from them. There staff is always friendly and willing to help.

If you are in northern NJ, you can try Prestige (if you can deal with rt17 traffic)

NJTech