Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Star Diagnostics C3 Connection Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2019 | 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 & 2006 E320 CDI’s
Star Diagnostics C3 Connection Issue

I just picked up a second (third?) hand C3 multiplexer and d630 off eBay and am having trouble getting the cable connection to work. Multiplexer looks like it’s getting power and is partially showing up in the software (native install, not VMWare) but I cannot get the option for cable connection to show up. Is the software for a C4 perhaps or should it work for C3 still? The icon shows a C4 so my best guess at this point is I need to buy a hard drive with C3 software installed. From what I’ve been able to find online, it looks like my port settings are correct but what do I know. The seller has been extremely kind, the multiplexer looks legit (Actia, Made in France), the computer works, all the cables look good quality, and it came with a nice leather laptop suitcase for everything for what I thought was a good price so I’d like to get it working if possible. The seller said it was too complicated for him so I’m not sure if the setup ever worked or not. I feel like it’s so close to working. Any thoughts? Bite the bullet and get a $100 hard drive with C3 software? Cut my losses, return it and spend more on a Chinese C4 system? Is there a setting I’m missing? Thanks for your input!

Old 07-15-2019 | 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 & 2006 E320 CDI’s
Can’t find the delete post option so I’ll just leave a follow up. After messing with bit rates and cables for hours yesterday, it appears the issue was having the serial cable connected first. With car off and laptop booted up (9600 com2 bitrate) plugged in MUX to car, then MUX to laptop. The C4 icon immediately changed to a C3 and said connected by cable. Caesar test came back very long vs one paragraph failure. Opened Xentry and successfully ran DAS. A lot of codes to go through! Hopefully the issue was that simple and won’t repeat. Don’t know how it’s possible I didn’t figure it out the first time. Expected the worst I guess. Thanks to ricebubbles for the detailed instructions.

The following users liked this post:
biker349 (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022 | 07:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
07 GL450
Having the same issue, I'm going to try plugging it in, in that sequence tomorrow. It's times like these I wish I still had a garage.
Old 03-30-2022 | 01:00 PM

07 GL450
So, I plugged in everything in the correct sequence, and my multiplexer was connected! Problem now is when I open the DAS, the connection cuts off, goes back to the wireless symbol, and then when I abort the DAS it reconnects. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
Old 04-20-2022 | 11:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
E450 presently.
Deleted

Last edited by Mac Jones 55; 04-21-2022 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-21-2022 | 08:26 AM

07 GL450
what do you mean delete?
Old 04-30-2022 | 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210
Originally Posted by GelandewagenNub
So, I plugged in everything in the correct sequence, and my multiplexer was connected! Problem now is when I open the DAS, the connection cuts off, goes back to the wireless symbol, and then when I abort the DAS it reconnects. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
Did you ever come up with a solution to this? This is the problem I'm having right now.