Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight, Turn Signal and Horn Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
14 CLA45 AMG, 05 CL65 AMG
Headlight, Turn Signal and Horn Problem

I'm still doing some searching, so bear with me if I ask a repetitive question. 2005 CL65 AMG - I have gone over some of the obvious wiring issues at the headlight, but haven't checked the ignition switch or the grounds yet.
Drivers side low beam works fine when car is off, so does the passenger front turn signal (mirror signal works at all times) - but when you start the car or turn the key to the ON position, both no longer function.
Also, sometimes when turning the car off the horn with do a quick beep with the turn of the key, sometimes multiple.The horn on the steering wheel does not work, I have yet to disassemble it yet to verify it's plugged in.

Any thoughts? Is there a specific relay or module I should check out? At some point I'm removing the bumper, this car seems to have been apart and back together a few times so I'm sure I'll find all kinda of fun stuff. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-15-2019, 02:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 C250
I'm not sure which relay but one trick you csn try is if you have two relays that are identially rated, swap the two and note the results.