Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211 Climate Control issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Wagon
W211 Climate Control issue

When the A/C button is pressed in my 2005 W211, the LED light flashes a few times and then goes off. The A/C is not activated. A new compressor was installed 229 miles ago, and I had the refrigerant checked. The refrigerant level is not low. The shop that checked the refrigerant level wanted to replace the compressor even though the one that's in the car now was installed, as I've said, just 229 miles ago. Could this possibly be a sensor issue?
Old 08-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,050 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
I would not screw with it, I would make a bee line for the sheep hearder who suggested and installed the new compressor. I have assumed the word---"new"
Old 08-06-2019, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by Plutoe
I would not screw with it, I would make a bee line for the sheep hearder who suggested and installed the new compressor. I have assumed the word---"new"
That's what I plan to do as soon as the rain lets up in my area. I'm not capable of doing any work myself anyway and was just trying to get some opinions from the experts here. Like you, Plutoe, I'm also assuming that a brand new compressor was installed. At the time I was going to order one myself to ensure that I was getting exactly what's best for my car and what I'm actually paying for. As you undoubtedly know, auto repair shops insist on getting any needed parts or else they won't honor their installation warranty. Needless to say, though, they mark up the price by at least 100% or whatever they think they can get away with, and we can only hope that they're honest enough to install new parts. Sadly, living on a small Pacific island, there is only a small number of shops to choose from, especially ones that work on European cars, and most parts have to be ordered from the US mainland.