Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated my ECU and ABC software, and what a difference.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 04:03 AM

Received 184 Likes on 107 Posts
09 SL500, 03 E320 CDI Wagon
Updated my ECU and ABC software, and what a difference.

For some time I have been wanting the full Xentry package, being able to modify things, to the full extend, not only what the cheaper diagnostic tool allowed. So to make it easy for my self, I hooked up with member @pmercury and had him setup a sole laptop with all the bells and whistles, and bought a Multiplexer in China. All working fine, no errors.

After an introduction by @pmercury, the first thing I did was trolling through the module looking for software updates, and found 4 available.

ECU came first, connected the charger ( 40A ) + plus an extra battery. During software update the amp draw is about 80 amp's, and if the voltage drop to much, the update crashes, and big trouble ahead. It helps a lot if you unplug the radiator fan, as this starts during software update, and draw about 40 amp.

Engine software status.

Next came ABC :

The other 2 modules to update where SBC and CGW.

Taking it out for a spin, and what a difference.

The engine running even more smooth, better throttle response, spinning like a kitten.

The ABC always have had a tendency too get into feed back mode from time to time, especially when cold. This could be felt like short burst of low frequency vibrations. Only doing from time to time, not consistent, disappearing after a short while. After the software update, it's gone, no more. The ride is softer, more balanced, and smooth. Cooping better with uneven roads as well. No change in drive ability or less performance.

Alone these 4 software updates, where MB charges about 150-300 $ each, has paid for the whole Xentry setup, The developer tool now enables me to change settings, add features and further options.

There are other solutions, than Xentry, but that was my choice.

The following 2 users liked this post by SLcharge:
chassis (09-07-2019), pmercury (09-07-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,934 Likes on 3,098 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Thanks for sharing, congratulations on the results.

Does the engine start/run during software update?

Do you have an online subscription for MB software? Or is your Xentry system a stand alone setup?
Old 09-07-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 184 Likes on 107 Posts
09 SL500, 03 E320 CDI Wagon
Originally Posted by chassis
Thanks for sharing, congratulations on the results.

Does the engine start/run during software update?

Do you have an online subscription for MB software? Or is your Xentry system a stand alone setup?
No, engine is not running, since you overwrite software, it can't. There is no shadow memory in the ECU.

No subscription, a stand alone solution. Running offline.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Offline/online coding possible with the 36Gigs of offline data and online is also possible with a switch
also all special functions unlocked
Old 10-01-2019, 04:16 AM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
New info, hope some of you now understand what the Chinese software contains:

Posted today on internal forums

29-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Dear Respected Members:
Currently, many people are suffering from accounts being hacked by Chinese hackers, this is became serious issue and really annoying
ghost press is not a sufficient solution
anyone can help in how to protect our SCN accounts?

29-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Anyone else who is experiencing this issue? Can it be the HDD guys buy from China?