Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless Go Malfunction Driver's Side Only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
Keyless Go Malfunction Driver's Side Only

2018 AMG C43 Coupe brought into body shop for work after break-in. Both driver's side windows replaced and some body work to door frame. When I got the car back the Keyless Go function (hand-sensor lock/unlock) no longer working on driver's door. (Passenger door still works perfectly.)

This seems to be a common error. Given the nature of the repairs, replacing glass and dealing with that specific door, is there a 'most common' reason for this (sensor disconnected? computer reset?) and is it something I can address myself without having to take the car back to the body shop or into Mercedes?

Thank you.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,935 Likes on 3,099 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
If it were my vehicle I would take it back to the repair shop.

I would suspect the door handle. You didn't list that component as being replaced. Was the door handle replaced? Each door has an antenna that detects the fob. The antenna could be suspect and may have been damaged during the repair process.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
Thank you for the reply. I don't think the door handle was replaced but both windows (main and small rear on coupe) were replaced .. so I'd assume the door had to be disassembled in some way. Anyway, the body shop has said to bring it back to have it fixed as something likely got disconnected. I was just trying to see if there might be another easy fix or reason for this having happened.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,935 Likes on 3,099 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Keyless Go does not have any user interfaces or settings, to my knowledge. If the system isn't acting properly, it needs servicing, either DIY or by a repair person.