Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes Service Caught Playing with my Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Angry Mercedes Service Caught Playing with my Car

I was in a dilemma about publicizing this but finally decided it should be known. I took my 2010 E350 (with custom exhaust) into the service department (unnamed as of now) to perform routine maintenance. I also had an oil leak so they were addressing that issue. Upon receiving the car back after a couple of days, I decided to check the dash cam. I could not believe what I saw. There were 4 separate cases of a unknown worker revving my car engine. He proceeds to rev the engine and make remarks, along with some derogatory terms. He even goes as far as to rev it while it's being worked on.

I'm not furious over this, but I don't think it's okay for them to be playing with my car when I've paid over $1K for some routine maintenance. I'm a reasonable person, and I would have understood if it was just once, but 4 times is ridiculous. I don't know if any damage resulted from this, but I currently have a check engine light in my car (Conductor plate failure and intake manifold lever issue). Is this something to overlook or bring up with Mercedes?

DASHCAM VIDEO LINKS:
Old 01-23-2020, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E 350 T 4-Matic
Seems ridiculous. I don't know whether this has anything to do with those issues, hopefully some guru will help you with that, but if you have to take the car back I'd definitely confront them about this.

Edit: I don't know about the confront part, I just imagined how mad I would get. It's not that bad in my opinion, but it's up to you. As you said, the first time is OK, but the others aren't really.

Last edited by MtimesM; 01-23-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Originally Posted by MtimesM
Seems ridiculous. I don't know whether this has anything to do with those issues, hopefully some guru will help you with that, but if you have to take the car back I'd definitely confront them about this.

Edit: I don't know about the confront part, I just imagined how mad I would get. It's not that bad in my opinion, but it's up to you. As you said, the first time is OK, but the others aren't really.
Yes I agree with you, I'm not too sure about the issues and if this is related as well, I didn't want to just be throwing around false accusations. It really bothered me when he did it while it was getting serviced, the car had an oil leak so the oil pressure was all over the place.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:38 AM

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
2005 mercedes e55 amg
I would take the proof and show them. This is YOUR car and your passion. To some, this is nothing, to you it is offensive. If not reported, do you really want that same tech working on your car again?
Old 01-31-2020, 11:57 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2008 R320 CDI 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jamesge
I would take the proof and show them. This is YOUR car and your passion. To some, this is nothing, to you it is offensive. If not reported, do you really want that same tech working on your car again?
Comments, fwiw....

Yes, I would report / complain to the Managers at the facility you had the work performed.
Making perfectly clear that you will not be having any more work done at this facility because of this.

To MB USA and to MB Corporate in Germany {s••t rolls down hill] address an email to MB Chairman
end wth.

"Would you like this to be done to you vehicle Mr. Källenius?'"

Ola Källenius is the new current Chairman of MB

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ola_K%C3%A4llenius

You can be assured you will get a favorable reply and the service center / dealer you brought this to is not going to like it.

Regards

Joseph~

Last edited by Joseph~; 01-31-2020 at 12:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 12:00 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2008 R320 CDI 4MATIC
Post a second time, do not know why?
I deleted this.

Last edited by Joseph~; 01-31-2020 at 03:01 PM.