Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SD connect C4 burnt resistors help identifying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 01:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cl600
SD connect C4 burnt resistors help identifying

G'day guys,
I couldn't get my sdconnect to power up, so put 6 batteries in and away it went... So, in trying to get a lan connection to my car I purchased 6 ni-mh as batteries. As soon as I put them in, I could smell the smoke coming out.
Opening the box I can see 2 large smd resistors burnt out near the battery connector. I think they said R22 or 220 or not sure....
Can someone have a look, only need to pop the boards slightly out, don't even need to disconnect the buttons ribbon. 5 or 7 screws would do it...

Appreciated!

Turns out the OBD2 had no power. Inspecting all fuses had no joy and pulling half of interior apart looking for the cabin fuses was a joy.... Fired up the star finder and worked out how to use it, and there it is... A fuse under bonnet is missing and so no power...
Just putting sdconnect back together now to see if it connects. (I think Lan settings need looking at, but getting closer)

Thanks and cheers, pics to help-

Area of burn

Resistors- 220, 22R or R22?

Last edited by Spit.Mcphee; 01-31-2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
I can help you. Send me a PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mackhack:
biker349 (01-31-2020), LJurys (11-24-2022)
Old 01-31-2020, 02:01 PM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by Spit.Mcphee
G'day guys,
I couldn't get my sdconnect to power up, so put 6 batteries in and away it went... So, in trying to get a lan connection to my car I purchased 6 ni-mh as batteries. As soon as I put them in, I could smell the smoke coming out.
Opening the box I can see 2 large smd resistors burnt out near the battery connector. I think they said R22 or 220 or not sure....
Can someone have a look, only need to pop the boards slightly out, don't even need to disconnect the buttons ribbon. 5 or 7 screws would do it...

Appreciated!

Turns out the OBD2 had no power. Inspecting all fuses had no joy and pulling half of interior apart looking for the cabin fuses was a joy.... Fired up the star finder and worked out how to use it, and there it is... A fuse under bonnet is missing and so no power...
Just putting sdconnect back together now to see if it connects. (I think Lan settings need looking at, but getting closer)

Thanks and cheers, pics to help-
Area of burn

Resistors- 220, 22R or R22?

Old 01-31-2020, 07:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cl600
Thanks for prompt responses gentleman!

Mux back together and powering through OBD2. Now to Lan settings to try connecting!

Resistors on order, will get some higher power ones to replace.

Thanks again
Old 11-24-2022, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 T Cdi S211 2008
No power up SD C4

Originally Posted by Mackhack
I can help you. Send me a PM.

Hi.I have same issue.
SD C4 does not power up through obd but with batteries it does work without problem.
Where to start ? OBD pin 16 and 4 to check voltage 12 V ?
Check fuse no.30 (7.5A)
What else please ?

Thanks, Lucas.