Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Head Unit Reads "No CD Changer"!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430
Help, Head Unit Reads "No CD Changer"!

When I press CD on the head unit of my w208, it reads "No CD Changer." I checked the cd changer and it powers up. It seems that head unit is not communicating with the changer. Recently, some nucklehead that was detailing my car unplugged the battery and I think this somehow may have caused it FYI, my car also has the intergrated phone feature which I have not used yet.

Is there some code that I have to program the head unit with so that it can work with the changer again? This happened last night and I still have the problem today.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:14 PM

I had this problem only one time. The only thing I did was power off the head unit, remove and reload my cartridge into the player and power back on the head unit. It was maybe just a fluke but it worked for me. I typically don't even turn off the head unit when I am changing CD's.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:23 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Integrated phone you say? Sounds like you need a new PSE. If you dont use the phone, just bypass the pse. May be easier to let the dealer do this, certainly cheaper to bypass than to replace if you are not going to use the phone. Unless Its a V-60 you are probably better off doing away with it anyway.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
In my W203 the same message was caused by a damaged fiber optic cable.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:31 PM

2010 X204 GLK350 4matic
Same experience as JohnG

I fixed mine by "rebooting" the CD changer. You may want to unplug power for a while and reconnect.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:07 PM

Do you have the c/d icon on your radio screen? If you do it is recognizing it. If you don't it is probably the fiber optic line. The D2B line goes from the radio to the amp to the C/D then to some Ecalls and to some telephones . It wakes all these units up when you turn the radio on. An easy way to check the D2B is to get the OLD LADY or as some say the bose of the house out there with you. Then at your C/D player unplug the D2B line. The D2B line is two orange lines that run into a black connection. Look at the end of it and have your better half turn ON the radio. You should see three or four flashes. If you see them it is O.K. if you don't then get out the check book. Hope this helps, Autogunner.