Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with ML decision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Help with ML decision

I posted this on the ML site but will like your opinions also:

Usually this will be an easy decision to make - I want the ML500 and I just buy the darn thing. But here's the problem: My dearest darling wife thinks it's ugly, a chopped off minivan and that it has no room, especially when the 3rd row seat is added, and I may need it - she's comparing to my '95 Pathfinder which has served us for ove 130K problem free miles, and still running very good. My 9yr daughter old thinks that the BMW X5 is a much beter looking SUV to go with. My wife agrees with her that the ML has "no character"!!! To complicate matters more, there's the '02 Nissan Pathfinder with a 240HP V6 which is very comparable to the ML (for what I want in a SUV), and several, several dollars cheaper!! What do I do??? By the way, I need a SUV, not a sedan. We have a '01E430 and as good as it is, it doesn't haul much of anything in the trunk. We do a lot of vehicle travelling all over the place and I need the xtra room. The Pathfinder has proven to be invaluable in this respect - that bit of room in the back is worth it. Next week I get a ML500 to live with for a whole day!! Ok folks, dump your opinions on this. I need as much help as I can get. Keep in mind, I WANT THE ML500.