Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left side license plate LED flashes HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E 350 T 4-Matic
Unhappy Left side license plate LED flashes HELP!

I see this question pop up on many forums, many different models, all the same issue: all LEDs in the car work, NO errors whatsoever, but the bloody left side license plate light doesn't. It flashes, turns on and off, throws error. Why is this happening? Does really nobody have an answer/solution to this in the entire world? As I said, seen the question pop up on many forums, and NO ONE was able to give a proper, functional answer. Please help! Here is my case:

I have tried many LED-s, many makes, none of them worked despite all of them claiming they're canbus compatible. I have a 2008 E350 T with an electrical tailgate. The problem is that the left side number plate LED flashes and throws an error, but the right side doesn't. This happens with all bulbs/light assemblies I've tried (like 5 at this point). Same thing, right side without problem, left side doesn't work. I have read on multiple forums, that this only happens on cars that have an electrical tailgate, for whatever reason. I need some genuine help. Yes, I know I could go back to halogen, but they are not bright enough. I want to go LED and I need help (in my country it's legal too). Please give me some ideas, what I could do. Battery is charged up all the way and is brand new. Flashing occurs even when the engine is on. I'm all out of ideas and really disappointed. What should I try? Should I try splicing in a resistor (to the already "canbus compatible" LED assembly)? If yes, what size/specs?