Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W204 M271 Evo engine shaking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 180 CGi
W204 M271 Evo engine shaking

Hi everyone, i got my self a used C class W204 couple of months ago and now i have a problem i need help with. The car is 180 CGI BlueEfficiency with the M271 Evo engine and the 7Gtronic automatic transmission, i got it with 125 000km on the clock and i have done 3000km until now. The previous owner had the timing chain and tensioner replaced right before he sold it to me. After couple of days having the car i noticed slight shaking on cold start when idling but now it got worse. The whole car is shaking on idle and sounds like it will stall, if i rev it up it runs smooth and after it warms up it runs smooth. No engine lights but when scanned P1600 fault appears, i deleted it once came back again. I did some research and from what i can find it might be the camshaft gear or the camshaft adjuster magnets. I figured i try my luck here on the forum anybody else had this problem? Any help will be appreciated
I made a video i hope you can see and hear the problem, Thank you

Last edited by dalas51; 12-15-2020 at 09:12 AM.