Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window regulator problem??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window regulator problem??

Good morning group,
I have a '98 E320 (210 chassis) that the window is down--I push the button to make the window go up--it goes up 1/2 way and reverses and goes down again to the fully open position. It sounds that when it reaches the 1/2 way mark that it "struggles) and then reverses to the full down position. Help please?

Thanks,

John
'98 E320
Old 10-01-2004, 11:41 AM

Yes, it sounds like your window regulator. Something similar happened to me as we were trying to escape the wrath of Hurricane Frances last month. During the wind and rain, I pulled off of the highway for a moment. My wife rolled down the rear passenger side window on my '01 E320 wagon so my 2 year old son could see me, and then realized the window would not return back to the closed position! I could hear the motor turning but just no motion and fortunately I was able to raise it by hand and keep it closed. After the storm, I brought it in and sure enough, the regulator was shot but MB warranty kicked in.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:06 PM

11 ML350
Yeah its your window regulator.
There quailty and brake all the time.