Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BenzNinja - The Perfect Team ! ★★★ Special MBworld Discount ★★★

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 05:22 AM
SPONSOR

Received 827 Likes on 640 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Exclamation BenzNinja - The Perfect Team ! ★★★ Special MBworld Discount ★★★

Old 03-06-2022, 09:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
R230 SL500R
Hi,

New MB owner and new forum member here.

I've thoroughly reviewed your website and the other online information you've posted. I'm essentially ready to purchase, but have a few questions that your FAQ doesn't precisely answer. (I'm still learning the MB jargon, so thanks for the grace :-)

1. What SPECIFIC BRAND USB to OBD2 adapter do you recommend to be best compatible for YOUR software.
2. I want the factory manuals for service procedures as well as parts exploded diagrams. Are these included with your product?
3. You offer two software packages. Which to purchase? FWIW, I don't wish to get into extensively modifying the car's stock profile. I don't mind if that capacity happens to be present, but FOR SURE whatever I purchase I just want full service, fault reset, and full diagnostic access, plus the aforementioned factory service manuals, diagrams and exploded views.
4. What else, if any, will I require to achieve the above?

I have extensive general wrenching experience, as well as a well equipped garage. Car is an '05 SL500 with 46k miles that I'm supporting. Currently, no big issues. Yes, I have extensive electronics training and a well equipped E-bench, plus fairly strong I.T. skills, but my I.T. is more on the Mac side. But I'm passing familiar enough with Windows to be dangerous. lol
I already have a laptop I can dedicate, which seems to meet or exceeds your specs, and of course internet access and a big long CAT6e cable. :-) It's currently running Windows 10

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for offering the coupon, etc. and thanks for the great support you are obviously offering to the MB community. Looking forward to getting into this car, and to the help your software appears to provide.

Cheers!
Keith
coolblueglow
Old 03-06-2022, 09:58 AM
SPONSOR

Received 827 Likes on 640 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by CoolBlueGlow
Hi,

New MB owner and new forum member here.

I've thoroughly reviewed your website and the other online information you've posted. I'm essentially ready to purchase, but have a few questions that your FAQ doesn't precisely answer. (I'm still learning the MB jargon, so thanks for the grace :-)

1. What SPECIFIC BRAND USB to OBD2 adapter do you recommend to be best compatible for YOUR software.
2. I want the factory manuals for service procedures as well as parts exploded diagrams. Are these included with your product?
3. You offer two software packages. Which to purchase? FWIW, I don't wish to get into extensively modifying the car's stock profile. I don't mind if that capacity happens to be present, but FOR SURE whatever I purchase I just want full service, fault reset, and full diagnostic access, plus the aforementioned factory service manuals, diagrams and exploded views.
4. What else, if any, will I require to achieve the above?

I have extensive general wrenching experience, as well as a well equipped garage. Car is an '05 SL500 with 46k miles that I'm supporting. Currently, no big issues. Yes, I have extensive electronics training and a well equipped E-bench, plus fairly strong I.T. skills, but my I.T. is more on the Mac side. But I'm passing familiar enough with Windows to be dangerous. lol
I already have a laptop I can dedicate, which seems to meet or exceeds your specs, and of course internet access and a big long CAT6e cable. :-) It's currently running Windows 10

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for offering the coupon, etc. and thanks for the great support you are obviously offering to the MB community. Looking forward to getting into this car, and to the help your software appears to provide.

Cheers!
Keith
coolblueglow
Hi

please use the online form on my website
I don't respond here

thank you
Old 03-06-2022, 10:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
R230 SL500R
Got it, will do.

tx