Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with custom kompressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help with custom kompressor

I recently purchased an M45 from a 2002 C230K to install into my VW. I need to know if the supercharger mounts directly to the intake manifold or if there is some other way it is mounted. Pics would be a real plus. If the charger mounts to the manifold would it be possible to use the manifold and fab it into a custom piece? I appreciate anyones help on this. Paul.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Cool

Originally Posted by zofsak
I recently purchased an M45 from a 2002 C230K to install into my VW...Paul.
Main Entry: guf·faw
Pronunciation: (")g&-'fo, 'g&-"fo
Function: noun
Etymology: imitative
Date: 1720
: a loud or boisterous burst of laughter
- to guf·faw /(")g&-'fo/ intransitive verb

Old 09-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Almost a Member!

KOMPRESSOR
Is this the VW?

Old 09-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Banned

I recently purchased an M45 from a 2002 C230K to install into my VW. I need to know if the supercharger mounts directly to the intake manifold or if there is some other way it is mounted. Pics would be a real plus. If the charger mounts to the manifold would it be possible to use the manifold and fab it into a custom piece? I appreciate anyones help on this. Paul.
It mounts onto any car with the supercharger intake manifold. Give up now !
Old 09-27-2004, 04:58 PM

Does anyone have something worth saying. I would like to get a pic of the manifold and how it is mounted in the car.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by I,Zombie
Is this the VW?

NO! that's my dad's. What about it?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Banned

Does anyone have something worth saying. I would like to get a pic of the manifold and how it is mounted in the car.
You asked for it ......

In order to install an M45 high compression supercharger on your car you need to replace the following items .....

- intake camshaft
- pistons
- crankshaft
- exhaust manifold
- intake manifold
- torque converter
- tranmission slip rings
- install supercharger support bracket and v-belt
- install intercooler
- install new air intake
- install bypass inlet

Naturally we are all so inept that we cant do that to a Mercedes using Mercedes part numbers and you can do it to a VW. MY advice is that you install the performance version of the VW engine and transmission.

If you dont even know what a supercharger setup looks like then ..... give up now.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
OK Mr Rice

The best bet here for you is to go to your local stealer and look under the hood yourself. Have you checked on your favorite VW forum for answers?
Old 09-27-2004, 11:01 PM

W203 C240
Old 09-27-2004, 11:12 PM

I know what and how to make the supercharger work, and I don't need to replace all the parts listed above. What I do need is to see if I can use the stock intake manifold to fab up a new one. It would be just one less thing to have to make since the SC would just bolt up to it. Then I can worry about a new air intake and bypass valve; which the manifold may have in it.
Checking out a mercedes dealer is a good idea. It may give me the answers I am looking for. My VW site doesn't conatin much information on this kind of set up. There was one guy that installed the M45 from a W202 on his but the SC units are completley different. He had a totaly custom intake/mounting bracket setup. It worked very well, just took a little creativity.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
......and later next month......

fo' sale:
one veedubya POS, almost excellent condition, melted heads, busted cams, fried crank, smoked clutch, needs work but might make a nice lawn ornament fo' shizzle
also available: Mercedes C230 M45 Kompressor.....I shoulda listened

Last edited by Rick; 09-28-2004 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rick
......and later next month......

fo' sale:
one veedubya POS, almost excellent condition, melted heads, busted cams, fried crank, smoked clutch, needs work but might make a nice lawn ornament fo' shizzle
also available: Mercedes C230 M45 Kompressor.....I shoulda listened
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. The 5-7 psi the M45 puts out is no problem for the engine I will be using. Now, if I was going turbo and pushing upwards of 12 PSI then I would have to replace some engine internals. For now all I plan on running is the stock 5-7 psi, so the current internals I have are more than enough.
So, unless you have something real to contribute or have actually acquired some knowledge in these matters don't bother posting here anymore.
PS The fo' shizzle fad has passed; please catch up with the times
Old 09-28-2004, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
The SC on the 2002 mounts to the passeger side (exhaust side) of the engine. It connects to the manifold via plumbing (bypass + intercoler). The intake manifold offers no mechanical support of the SC, mainly becuase it is on the oppsite side of the engine.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Paul, I think you are full of sh.t
1. Why would you go and buy something without a plan of action?
2. If you can afford the item, and the customizing to make it work, how about a manual that contains the engine and supercharger diagram for the c230k. You will need this on hand for reference...
3. In the 36 plus hours since you posted this, you could have gone to a dealer, bought a repair manual, called on parts, realized it is not cost prudent.
The last thing you could have done was take a trip to your doctor to have everybody on this forum's feet removed from your *** for wasting our time
Old 09-28-2004, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
at least he didn't post his resumé !

... yet !
Old 09-28-2004, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Originally Posted by Saprissa
at least he didn't post his resumé !

... yet !
Be nice.... we seem to have a few nicedeboy copies and do not need any more......
Old 09-29-2004, 12:14 AM

F@CK all of you guys! In the time I have had to put up with all your bull**** I found all the answers I needed in the very first reply to the same post on another mercedes forum. You guys are just a bunch of B1tches and you all cry WAY too much wah wah. **** off.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:19 AM
Banned

I know what and how to make the supercharger work, and I don't need to replace all the parts listed above. What I do need is to see if I can use the stock intake manifold to fab up a new one. It would be just one less thing to have to make since the SC would just bolt up to it. Then I can worry about a new air intake and bypass valve; which the manifold may have in it.
Checking out a mercedes dealer is a good idea. It may give me the answers I am looking for. My VW site doesn't conatin much information on this kind of set up. There was one guy that installed the M45 from a W202 on his but the SC units are completley different. He had a totaly custom intake/mounting bracket setup. It worked very well, just took a little creativity.
You obviously know more about this than I do ....... I only spent a whole weekend comparing part numbers for the build of 6 engines right down to the last bolt. In total about 300 parts were examined for engine specs and the resultant list is what I found (not talking about the ECU at this stage) - but what would I know .
Old 09-29-2004, 05:21 AM
Banned

F@CK all of you guys! In the time I have had to put up with all your bull**** I found all the answers I needed in the very first reply to the same post on another mercedes forum. You guys are just a bunch of B1tches and you all cry WAY too much wah wah. **** off.
That was the LOW compression kit for engines like yours.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230 kompressor
YOu guys where *******s to him !
Old 09-29-2004, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
TO implement any SC on any engine, you need to first plan where to mount the sucker. Next fabricate a braket to hold it to the engine, next a tensioner pulley near it may be needed as well. Then find a belt that will fit and you are all set. Next plumb it the way you want, once side the air intake to the filter and the other goes to the TB. Then you need to somewhere put a bypass valve in! Figure pulley size of course to go with the SC so that you are spinning it at the speed you would like for the boost you would like. That is really about it.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:32 AM

Thanks, finally someone that wants to help. I know all of what goes into the setup, what I need to know is how the air is supplied to and from the charger so that I can see if I can use the same pieces in my setup or will have to fabricate something else. Thanks again.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Thanks, finally someone that wants to help. I know all of what goes into the setup, what I need to know is how the air is supplied to and from the charger so that I can see if I can use the same pieces in my setup or will have to fabricate something else. Thanks again.
Air is suuplied to the charge via an air intake setup, normally a pipe with a cone filter on the end is the easiest. You can also do a Cold Air Intake as well. It is then fed via piping to the IC if you put one in then to the intake plenum, attached to the throttle body. If you do not have an IC then it goes from the output of the SC directly to the throttle body. Very simple to pipe really more of a problem getting it mounted than getting it piped properly.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:42 PM

I plan on putting the TB before the charger and hopefully will be able to add an intercooler at a later date. Since the air in a supercharger setup is not as superheated as that in a turbo setup the intercooler is not as effective at reducing intake air temp. I know how the system works and what goes where, but what I need is to see if I can use the stock intake and outlet piping in my setup to save on fabrication time and cost. Do you have any pics that you could email me or post? Thanks, Paul.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mctwin2kman
TO implement any SC on any engine, you need to first plan where to mount the sucker. Next fabricate a braket to hold it to the engine, next a tensioner pulley near it may be needed as well. Then find a belt that will fit and you are all set. Next plumb it the way you want, once side the air intake to the filter and the other goes to the TB. Then you need to somewhere put a bypass valve in! Figure pulley size of course to go with the SC so that you are spinning it at the speed you would like for the boost you would like. That is really about it.
M45 from a W202 is a high compression SC for a low compression engine. These generalities are exciting tidbits but generally tangential to the problems being faced.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need help with custom kompressor