Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a way to get almost half off MB parts at MB dealers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 02:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Pinto
Found a way to get almost half off MB parts at MB dealers...

As many people on here may already know I have been fixing all the stuff that has been nagging at me on my 2002 C240 lately and writing up install documents.

I went in to pickup the "claw type" socket that removes the lock wring on the fuel sending unit tops. I was quoted $147.60 on the phone when I called and placed the order.

I had my local Chevy/Dodge dealership order me a new sun visor directly from MB and I was on my way to pick up that part. I was quoted $127 for that item on the phone through MB.

It is a long story, but I go through my local Chevy/Dodge dealer for all my parts needs.

Anyway, both parts were being billed to my Chevy/Dodge dealer. When I showed up to get the parts, I signed for the ticket. I picked up an extra bulb for the front marker lamp and a set of valve stem covers with the star emblem/silver back on them. I paid for these directly since I could not forsee all the goodies being at the parts counter!

I get out the door and look down at the ticket for the tool and visor. They charged my Chevy/Dodge dealer $65.60 for the tool and $91.20 for the visor! Holy CRAP! List price on the invoice for the tool was $82 and $114 for the visor!

I called my parts man at the Chevy/Dodge dealership and he said he just goes throgh the dealer parts counter when he calls.

All we have to do as consumers, is to get a uniform shirt made that looks like you work in a Automive Shop and walk into the parts counter and get huge discounts on major items. Just pay for the item on the spot and walk out knowing you got one on MB.

I am still shocked, but happy!!

Install documents coming soon.

Eric Barger
www.installuniversity.com