Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes Me In-car internet access issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2022 A35 AMG
Question Mercedes Me In-car internet access issue

I recently cancelled my T-Mobile account after less than two weeks of usage because of on-going connectivity issues that I have been experiencing.

I live and use the service in Montreal (Canada) thru Mercedes Me. Very often, even with a good 4G signal, the service will drop out. When this occurs my online music services stop working for several minutes at a time until it can re-connect. As you can imagine, this becomes very annoying given it can keep reoccurring.

I suspect that since T-Mobile is roaming on local carriers, it can at times hop onto a different local network (Rogers, Telus, Bell, Videotron, etc.) which has a stronger signal at a particular time and place. When this occurs, the mobile radio needs to reauthenticate to get access and transmit data. This time lag causes havoc with online streaming services that require consistent data throughput.
Please see the photo showing an adequate signal, yet the internet service in an offline state.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues??