Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes ME - PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 02:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes e63s AMG 2018
Mercedes ME - PROBLEM

Hi there,

I have recently imported a 2018 Mercedes e63s AMG from USA to Europe. Everything went alright, but the Mercedes Me app. simply wont work at all. I keep on getting Incorrect VIN when I keep on inserting the correct VIN number..No internet connection either. Anyhow, tried checking this problem with a couple local dealers but none of them could actually help me out..
P.S. I love my car the way it is. don`t need the app. as a whole but would love having some of the perks it offers.

Every possible help/ suggestion or a piece of an advise would be highly appreciated.. Below is my VIN number just in case ..

VIN: WDDZF8KB8JA213797
Old 01-07-2023, 02:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
E53 amg
Europe uses Mercedes connect not Mercedes me
Old 01-07-2023, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,570 Posts
2019 C63CS
Mercedes me/connect are regional. You won't be able to use it in Europe with a US VIN. The car won't have an Internet connection for starters, because the HERMES module is provisioned for the US carrier. From Mercedes' point of view, your car has no business in Europe, so they won't support the services for your VIN.

Also, as mentioned above, there are different apps for each market. The US app won't work in Europe, and the European app won't accept a US VIN.

There are possibly ways to get it done if the car gets recoded for the new region, but not sure who could help you with that. A car can even have two VINs, which is for example the case if you did European Delivery. I did ED with my '19 C63S and my car has a US VIN and an EU VIN. They are different. The warranty while I was in Europe for example was tied to the EU VIN. The Mercedes me services weren't active, though. They only got activated once the car was delivered in the USA.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-07-2023 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC Coupe 43AMG
Mercedes Me (Overall Status Unavailable)

Hi Guys, I'm new here (so please be gentle) and I apologise if I have posted on the wrong thread. I need some advise if I may. I recently took ownership of a new Mercedes GLC Coupe 43AMG. I setup the Mercedes Me app, and activated all the services (comfort, navigation, safetyand service etc). So far so good. However, the Mercedes Me app is not showing any car data (all I get back is Overall Status Unavailable, this applies to fuel level, tyre pressures, door status etc). I've contacted the dealership where I purchased the car, they referred me to the Mercedes Me support team (who have escalates the issue as a high priority), that was 7 weeks ago. I have no idea what to do next, apart from either waiting for them to reply or driving back to the dealership and forcing them to fix the issue. Please see the screenshot attached, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Regards Chris

Last edited by __Ashers__; 02-03-2023 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:14 PM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
GLK350
Originally Posted by __Ashers__
Hi Guys, I'm new here (so please be gentle) and I apologise if I have posted on the wrong thread. I need some advise if I may. I recently took ownership of a new Mercedes GLC Coupe 43AMG. I setup the Mercedes Me app, and activated all the services (comfort, navigation, safetyand service etc). So far so good. However, the Mercedes Me app is not showing any car data (all I get back is Overall Status Unavailable, this applies to fuel level, tyre pressures, door status etc). I've contacted the dealership where I purchased the car, they referred me to the Mercedes Me support team (who have escalates the issue as a high priority), that was 7 weeks ago. I have no idea what to do next, apart from either waiting for them to reply or driving back to the dealership and forcing them to fix the issue. Please see the screenshot attached, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Regards Chris

Did you pair the app with the vehicle when you set it up? That has to be done before the link can be made.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,570 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by __Ashers__
That to me looks like your sales person hasn't done their job properly to activate the services for the car. Best is to go back to the dealership and talk to the sales person and not leave until it works. They have to set it up correctly. I ended up with my sales guy in the car. Him with his iPad, me with my laptop and Mercedes me connect support on the phone in the car (pressing the Me button up by the sunroof). This was early 2019 when the services still had some hiccups, but the main issue was that my sales guy hadn't checked all the boxes he was supposed to.