Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C system rest mode okay for battery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 09:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2023 E450 4matic sedan
A/C system rest mode okay for battery?

I have mild hybrid system that is notorious for battery fault.. I know the idea of “rest” button, but I’m genuinely worried about the battery since it can operate up to 30mins after engine off. I ain’t using this every day. Maybe 2-3 times a week to prevent moisture buildup around evaporator. Any thoughts or precautions to use this function?
Old 06-19-2023, 09:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,669 Likes on 2,268 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Ryan’s
I have mild hybrid system that is notorious for battery fault.. I know the idea of “rest” button, but I’m genuinely worried about the battery since it can operate up to 30mins after engine off. I ain’t using this every day. Maybe 2-3 times a week to prevent moisture buildup around evaporator. Any thoughts or precautions to use this function?
Precaution would be driving the vehicle for at least 30 minutes and preferably highway driving to charge the battery before using it. As for prevent moisture buildup you could also alternatively turn off the A/C about 15 minutes before your destination and let the remaining a/c out and also will help dry the evaporator.