Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a C180K but during test drive, I experienced....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2023 | 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C CLASS C200 2008
Looking to buy a C180K but during test drive, I experienced....

Hi guys.

So I'm new here. I'm looking to buy 1.6 C180K BlueEfficiency Sport Auto Euro 4 5dr 2009, at the price of £5500 with 5 owners and 84,000 on the clock. I went for a test drive and I noticed two things that are of concern. Firstly, when starting the car up, I noticed it seemed to struggle a little bit.... before starting. In each attempt, it started successfully but it seemed to vary between starting up quick and struggling to start...

The second thing I noticed is that on occasion , when at low speed and coming off the brake and applying the gas/accelerator that the car's RPM would seem to match the depth of the pedal being pressed but the car wouldn't move for a split second or two before jerking forward and moving forward normally from that point. I did notice this SOMETIMES occured on my curernt SLK 280 2008 but it is far worse on the C180K and so I'm wondering if this is normal....or perhaps a gear changing? but not quite quick enough? suggesting a fault with the transmission/gearbox?

In general, putting the above into the picture, does the price match value for money ?

What's your thoughts!