Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISM Calibration (looking for a guy)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2023 | 10:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 e63 amg
ISM Calibration (looking for a guy)

Hey all, the ISM on my 2010 e63 is starting to fail. I've been skirting the issue by killing the car while in neutral. I've purchased a new ISM to install but need someone with the software tool capable of learning it to the car in central Ohio. Does anyone know a guy? Or a place to rent said tool?

Thanks,
Old 07-27-2023 | 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,542 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
repair or recode with Ninja

Originally Posted by mackzilla
Hey all, the ISM on my 2010 e63 is starting to fail. I've been skirting the issue by killing the car while in neutral.
I've purchased a new ISM to install but need someone with the software tool capable of learning it to the car in central Ohio. Does anyone know a guy? Or a place to rent said tool?

Thanks,
Contact our forum sponsor @BenzNinja I understand they have a nice rental program, exactly what you need for your C63... money well spent !
✌️

ISM is a solderless Module tied to the critical ECU/TCU CAN-BUS. Change your ISM sooner rather than later if possible now!

ISM failure message: "Visit workshop without shifting".
Once after that error, if you happen to shift gear into Park or open drivers door in D, then that is where the tow truck will need to get you stuck in Park.
ISM has an emergency mechanism designed to immobilize the car as a safety measure rather than stuck in other gears.

PLAN B.... better than new for free or not:
You can spend 10mn to resolder the loose pins with solder joints... then no coding is necessary.
You'll first need to harvest the module from the tranny's side, open it carefully to reveal couple rows of hard working pins....

I believe 3rd parties shops can provide that sce (not me, I don't)
✌️

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 07-27-2023 at 05:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CaliBenzDriver:
BenzNinja (07-27-2023), mackzilla (07-27-2023)
Old 07-27-2023 | 03:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 e63 amg
Thanks for passing that knowledge on. Much appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (07-27-2023)