Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R350 codes / running issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 / SL / E
R350 codes / running issue

09 R350 runs, ruff idle and no power MOST of the time. It seems to lose more power as it warms up.
codes are : p0017, p0300, P0301, p0303. p0305 .
Parts replaced chasing the problem : Coils, Camshaft adjuster magnet (intake and exhaust on passenger side) , both passenger side camshaft position sensor.
Also pulled the passenger side catalytic converter and straight piped it for now,no change other than an extra 2 codes (p0014 , p0302)
Pulled both cam adjusters and the marks lined up correctly.
The car is sluggish starting off and will not climb a hilly driveway after it warms up but once it gets going up to speed , it runs pretty good. Gets up to a 100mph plus.
I'm a bit lost on where to go next. What I have thought of to check is fuel pressure, the fuel filter, pull the plugs (should have done that when i did coils)
What are your thoughts? Thanks for taking time to read this and i would love to get my wife back in her car. R
Old 08-22-2023, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,619 Likes on 2,409 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
low power

I see.... can you pull a fresh list of codes including both "stored + current" then translate code ID# in humanoid lingua.

Let's see if these codes are timings or fuel or both: misfirings...

What is engine mileage?

Is this engine already direct injected with a high pressure pump?? I don't think so, legacy 70psi in use -

Less MB troubles means more driving....