Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem 96 SL320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Problem 96 SL320

Don't know what is or was wrong, but one morning I went out to use my 96 SL320, I hit the remote door unlock button, the lights on the mirrors flashed, but the doors did not unlock, I ended up unlocking by using the door and the alarm went off, I locked and unlocked the door and stopped the alarm. I then started the car and my roll bar light in the dash wash on, the SRS in the dash was on and the actual button for raising and lowering the roll bar was flashing too. I noticed that the lock/unlock via the remote control still didn't work afterwards and locking the doors with the key was really hard to do, actually sometimes the passenger door would not lock or unlock via the key, you had to unlock the door from the inside handle.

After a couple of days, the roll bar light went out and then a day or so later the SRS light went out. Now the remote also works and the doors lock and unlock normally.

This was really strange, I am assuming everything is working properly, I would think the lights would still be on if there is still a malfunction, anyone have any ideas what in the world was or is going on here with this?