Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 c215 Faulty EIS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500 x 2, VW T5.1 Campervan and a Vauxhall Corsa
2003 C215 Faulty EIS?

I sent the EIS away to an auto locksmith to see if it was the cause of the fobs not recognising the car and not opening the doors, and more recently, I have had to leave the fob in the EIS for up to 10 minutes before I would hear a click and I could then turn the key.
I just heard back, they said, "We would like to return your EIS back as, the MCU'S are faulty and obsolete, so cannot be repaired. You will require a new EIS from the main dealer".

Is this my only option?

Thanks,
Robert

Last edited by RBT252; 11-21-2023 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-21-2023, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,398 Likes on 2,266 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
self-help...

Originally Posted by RBT252
I sent the EIS away to an auto locksmith to see if it was the cause of the fobs not recognising the car and not opening the doors, and more recently, I have had to leave the fob in the EIS for up to 10 minutes before I would hear a click and I could then turn the key.
I just heard back, they said, "We would like to return your EIS back as, the MCU'S are faulty and obsolete, so cannot be repaired. You will require a new EIS from the main dealer".

Is this my only option?

Thanks,
Robert
I don't know what is your background.... if you're feeling lucky you can unclip the casing and spend 5mn resoldering couple loose pins.
Post internal pics. so we can point where issues may be.

Otherwise you can scan the car to see what co-working modules are upset and actually on-strike.

There are on-line service providers that may provide surgeries on this range modules. (I dono who!)

This should help restore sanity.
🤞​​​​​​