Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any alternate service info to WIS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2024 | 10:19 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
1995 S280 5-speed
Any alternate service info to WIS?

Finding even the simplest information on WIS is an ordeal of going through submenus of duplicate information often in a viscous circle. For example, on my 2007 S550 I'm looking for the fog light diagnosis or wiring diagram. I understand a relay is involved but don't see if it's located in the SAM or the underhood fuse box. Spent over an hour on WIS with limited success. Would something like Alldata have more straight forward wiring diagrams and diagnostic procedures?
Old 03-21-2024 | 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,820 Likes on 2,542 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Originally Posted by atikovi
Finding even the simplest information on WIS is an ordeal of going through submenus of duplicate information often in a viscous circle. For example, on my 2007 S550 I'm looking for the fog light diagnosis or wiring diagram. I understand a relay is involved but don't see if it's located in the SAM or the underhood fuse box. Spent over an hour on WIS with limited success. Would something like Alldata have more straight forward wiring diagrams and diagnostic procedures?
I used to like AllData service a lot. I wanna to say they are complementary.

One can compare ease of use of WIS and EPC... about equal.
Unlike AllData, the WIS user interface requires skills to locate basic schematic like your fog light circuit.
🤞