Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dead battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi 225 TT.w203 sedan.Bmw 318tiCali.Ed.VW Jetta vr6
dead battery

my warranty ran out on the last day of october, and this morning my battery was dead. does anyone know if i can just go to the MB parts dept. and buy a new battery and bolt it in, without encountering some kind of stupid eletrical problem? I dont feel like droping my car off and waiting to pick it up till 6pm for a stupid battery. any help? thanks
Old 11-19-2004, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery

I personally would not go back to the dealer and buy a battery. They cost to much from the dealer. I suggest you find a sears and purchase a Diehard or perhaps Interstate Battery would do. I have been using AC Delco brands in most cases and they work perfectly. You see they all go by group size and most of the time their a perfect fit. You will however need to have your radio code on hand to reprogram your radio. I use a device that lets me run a small amount of current through your electrical system while changing your battery. That way i dont have to worry if you dont have your radio code and that saves me from having to call the dealer.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Battery?

The C class battery is a 100 ah battery. I tried to find a 100 ah gel filled/spiral wound battery and failed. I doubt you can find this battery just anyplace...in fact maybe only from MB or an MB parts supplier. If anyone knows of someplace to obtain a 100 ah gel battery that fits in a C class please let us know.