Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 E320 Rear Window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
1998 E320 Rear Window

Hello all,

So today I attempted to roll down my rear passenger window down, and it worked but after I I attempted to roll it back up I heard a crunchy sound and next thing you know the window didn’t go all the way up and now it doesn’t go down. I forcefully used my hands to pull it up.

Anyway so I took the door panel out and saw broken white circular plastic (see attached photo I’m suspecting that’s from the window regulator ?) the motor works because I hear the sound when I press the button but only from the drivers side when I pressed the button at the back it doesn’t work at all the wires seem ok. I will check the fuse it could be the fuse but what if it’s not the fuse could there be a short circuit somewhere deep ??

long story short is there a way to just replace this white plastic circle thingy (what is the correct term for that)? Instead of replacing the whole window regulator ?

If some help/advise could be provided that would be great.

thanks,

Old 06-16-2024, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,261 Likes on 2,162 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
I think you're going to be stuck with new regulator because 90% chance the center shaft is not removable. Look at rockauto dot com for multiple choices in stock.
🤞