Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help! odd 04 c230k engine noise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2004 | 09:33 PM

help! odd 04 c230k engine noise?

car's a 2nd half 04 c230k, now with 10k (and change) on it.

the noise started to occur about a month ago or so, and it's been in and out of the shop 4 times now (mb's giving me the round around on it...). the first time we brought it in, mb said it was the kompressor bearing...so they replaced it. i don't see how the bearing would generate this type of noise...

anyway, so it really only happens on acceleration and gear shifting (up or down). there's a sort of a drilling noise happening right around 3k rpm when accelerating and anytime during a gear shift (when in tip). and it's REALLY loud...audible from inside AND outside the cabin. i suspect the s/c, but can't really be sure.

i guess the post is kind of vague...but was wondering if anyone's heard of this type of issue or experienced it first hand.

also, obviously taking it back to the mb dealership is out since "they're not sure" what the issue is. sooo... was wondering if there's another possible place to take it to in Vegas. all suggestions are welcome!

thanks!!!