Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing cd changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing cd changer

Hi

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to add a cd changer to the c-class coupe (2004 UK model) I have the DVD comand (Becker) unit fitted at the factory. Are the leads already there and just need pluging into the Changer. Also i understand that these cars use a CAN bus and therefore does any software updates need to be done.

Thanks

Andrew
Old 11-25-2004, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by ardsar
Hi

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to add a cd changer to the c-class coupe (2004 UK model) I have the DVD comand (Becker) unit fitted at the factory. Are the leads already there and just need pluging into the Changer. Also i understand that these cars use a CAN bus and therefore does any software updates need to be done.
The US cars do not even come with all the leads, so it is unlikely that your car has all the leads. It is even more likely that it is missing the power lead which comes on a US car, but you need to go digging around to check for sure.

Even if the leads were all there, the other end of the fibre needs to be configured into the loop and so there's more work to be done.

CAN bus has nothing to do with the CD changer, nor whether any software updates need to be done or not.

You may be better off letting someone else do the install for you.

-s-