Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG Dynamic Shocks - Rear, W205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 10:39 AM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
C 43
AMG Dynamic Shocks - Rear, W205

Posted elsewhere but this might be better.

C43, W205. 140k miles.
I was replacing rear discs and pads, and noticed my passenger side shock had leaked. This would explain why my skyhook suspension wasn't up to the usual dynamic compensation and the car pogos now from that side.

Looked up a few DIY, doesn't appear to be too complicated to replace, no special tools needed. Shock is $500 at the Stealer, $415 at the aftermarket guys, but back ordered with no date.

Any advice before I go to the dealer and toss the wallet at them ? I don't want to lower the car, and I like the adjustable-comfort in Manhattan/NYC and sport plus on the Interstates......

Is there any writeup anywhere about the Bilstein system ? I've read the Bilstein website already.
Old Today, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,611 Likes on 2,403 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
COUNTER INTUITIVE....

Leaking rear shocks...
Considering your 140kMi : have you already maintained your other suspensions parts besides the shocks?

My comfort trim was getting increasingly bouncy. I thought obviously my shocks were the bad guys, right...
Actually what cured that was the rear stab links, not just front links.

At 140kMi the whole stabilizer torsion-spring bar and its bushings may be spent... this weakness overworks the shocks oil thin that leak!

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; Today at 03:26 PM.