Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with ECM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2024 | 09:05 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Unhappy Trouble with ECM

I have a 2006 E55. Anyone have issues with water getting into the fuse/ECM box under the hood? The fuse box seal looks good but I'm still getting water in there when it rains which leads me to my next problem. I pulled the ECM to dry it out and upon installing it I guess one of the pins got loose on the inside of the unit and now the car won't start. So I'm shopping for another ECM but can't find the exact same number. Mine is a A113 153 79 79. The closest I've seen anywhere is the A 113 153 79 80 but it does not say that this part number supersedes the previous. I even checked mercedesautopartsdirect.com and did a basic search on there with the vehicles information and nothing even comes up. Does anyone have any feedback? Should I try the one ending in 80? Also, I know that my car was upgraded with mods but don't know the specifics. Is there a way to check it even though the pins are bent/broken?

Last edited by WraithAMG; 09-14-2024 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-14-2024 | 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Originally Posted by WraithAMG
I have a 2006 E55. Anyone have issues with water getting into the fuse/ECM box under the hood? The fuse box seal looks good but I'm still getting water in there when it rains which leads me to my next problem. I pulled the ECM to dry it out and upon installing it I guess one of the pins got loose on the inside of the unit and now the car won't start.

So I'm shopping for another ECM but can't find the exact same number. Mine is a A113 153 79 79.
The closest I've seen anywhere is the A 113 153 79 80 but it does not say that this part number supersedes the previous. I even checked mercedesautopartsdirect.com and did a basic search on there with the vehicles information and nothing even comes up.
Does anyone have any feedback?
Should I try the one ending in 80?

Also, I know that my car was upgraded with mods but don't know the specifics.
Is there a way to check it even though the pins are bent/broken?
Sorry I can't help match parts ID's.
The ECU is not a casual module. Matching replacement needs to be coded with MB tools.

Once it gets soaked the oxidation is non repairable regardless of efforts.
​​​​​​