Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S211 320cdi electric?problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S211 320cdi electric?problems

Hi everyone, thank you for your help already.I hope my writing is in the right section.

So the patient is 2004 Mercedes Benz S11 320cdi. Couple of weeks ago it started to shut down itself after running a while after normal start. This happened three times in a row. Later that day car stayed running, but running was very rough. Delphi tester gave one fault code; 2145 - cylinder fuel injector, continous. Running did not get any better whether the injector plug was attached or not. Then I already noticed that temperature gauge moved to normal right after start (in seconds)

Based on fault code we decided to replace the fuel injector. Car sat couple of weeks and when I started to move it to carage for repair, all the symptoms were gone and car was working perfectly normal. I managed to use it for few days and then the symptoms came back - starts normally, temperature gauge needle rises immediately to normal and in a while car shuts down.

I currently don't have the ability to read fault codes using STAR so I hope to get some help on what I could check out of the car. I personally suspect that it would be an electrical failure instead of a fuel injector, because engine temperature increases always occur at the same time as running problems.

Thank you so much already!!
Old Today, 04:14 AM

The first thing I thought about was checking the ECU connectors, but could someone please tell me if I need to disconnect the battery before doing so? I have understood that disconnecting the battery can cause a lot of problems. Thank you very much.
Old Today, 05:40 AM

I checked the ECU connectors and the pins on both connectors looked visually clean, no corrosion. M connector had something of moisture in the seal and on the bottom (see photo). In the picture, the plastic even looks melted but yet I think it's just wet. The liquid was yellowish, a little oily? Could it cause contact problems and described symptoms? Maybe I'll try using compressed air and contact spray now. All the relays looked visually clean.

This is a bit of a monologue, but I still hope someone has some advice. Thank you!