Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360 cameras not calibrated after battery change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
360 cameras not calibrated after battery change

Hi all,

This morning I decided to change the battery of my 2016 C250 Estate, because it had become rather weak after 8 years of use.

Naturally, I made sure to replace the stock battery with an identical new one, and to keep the car charged whilst doing the switch. This is not something I'm new to.

After I had replaced the battery and started the car for the first time, it showed a bunch of "not working" errors on the display (backup battery, collision prevention, lane assist, etc.), all of which disappeared on their own after a short drive.

The only thing that is still not working, however, is my 360 camera system. Every time I put the car in reverse, the system activates (and I hear the rear camera opening), but the display changes to a black screen saying "360 cameras not calibrated!"

Have any of you experienced this before or have any idea how to fix this? Will this also be rectified on its own after I've taken the car for a longer drive, perhaps?

I sure hope I don't need to have them recalibrated...

Thank you very much in advance for any insight you may have for me.
Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,843 Likes on 2,421 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Rhah
Hi all,

This morning I decided to change the battery of my 2016 C250 Estate, because it had become rather weak after 8 years of use.

Naturally, I made sure to replace the stock battery with an identical new one, and to keep the car charged whilst doing the switch. This is not something I'm new to.

After I had replaced the battery and started the car for the first time, it showed a bunch of "not working" errors on the display (backup battery, collision prevention, lane assist, etc.), all of which disappeared on their own after a short drive.

The only thing that is still not working, however, is my 360 camera system. Every time I put the car in reverse, the system activates (and I hear the rear camera opening), but the display changes to a black screen saying "360 cameras not calibrated!"

Have any of you experienced this before or have any idea how to fix this? Will this also be rectified on its own after I've taken the car for a longer drive, perhaps?

I sure hope I don't need to have them recalibrated...

Thank you very much in advance for any insight you may have for me.
next time you do this, don't keep the car charged while doing the switch, as for calibrating it, you might need XENTRY diagnostics.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,805 Likes on 2,530 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
no big deal or wet carpet ??

A better procedure would have been to let the chassis power down entirely.... I believe we are missing a page here and jumped to the wrong move.

It sounds as if Now some modules got confused and need a simple reset.

I would say go ahead and do a proper reboot this time but I think you need to see what condition the chassis is in now - Use a MB compatible scanner to retrieve ALL faults and reset modules where needed.

> Root cause:
One of your modules may be causing all these networking troubles begining with the original battery drain and now 360-View being a continuation of that.

That bad module would be... let's not guess! A scanner may help point towards SAM/CGW??

Aged AUX Batt (Farad Cap Bank) may also be calling attention...

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; Yesterday at 04:56 PM.