Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 C320 Audio 10 PROD lockout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 C320 Audio 10 PROD lockout

Bought it off eBay a while ago and installed it, powered it on, it played for 30 seconds or so, then it stopped working and the word PROD showed up on the display. It can see the CD changer, info shows in MFD and everything seems working fine except the 30 seconds lockout. I think I triggered the anti-theft protection. What should I do? I've done my searches but I'm getting mixed result... some said I need to ship it to Becker, some said the dealer can fix it.

I already visited 2 dealerships but they both have no clue on what they can do because they've never seen this headunit before

Any programming instruction that I can give the dealer? They said they can play with it, no guarantee to fix it, and they're going to charge straight labour charge so I want the process as painless as possible. Thx in adv for your help!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by C320CottonCandy
Bought it off eBay a while ago and installed it, powered it on, it played for 30 seconds or so, then it stopped working and the word PROD showed up on the display. It can see the CD changer, info shows in MFD and everything seems working fine except the 30 seconds lockout. I think I triggered the anti-theft protection. What should I do? I've done my searches but I'm getting mixed result... some said I need to ship it to Becker, some said the dealer can fix it.

I already visited 2 dealerships but they both have no clue on what they can do because they've never seen this headunit before

Any programming instruction that I can give the dealer? They said they can play with it, no guarantee to fix it, and they're going to charge straight labour charge so I want the process as painless as possible. Thx in adv for your help!
The radio must be version coded to the car, after that the car will send the proper unlock code over CANBUS to the radio and it will operate properly.

It is possible that it is "permanently" locked and will require resetting by Becker.

So, what you found in your searches is correct.

-s-

Last edited by scorchie; 12-09-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can I know mine is premanently locked or not? After the dealer played with version coding and it still locks out?