Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solution For Transmission Problem! I Sloved It!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 C36
Solution For Transmission Problem! I Sloved It!!!

You heard right I have ordered the 5spd tranny from a 1996 C280 with all parts needed for conversion. All parts from europe. Parts are as follows

1. 5spd non-auto tranny rated for 320HP
2. Pedals (clutch and brake)
3. Propeller shafts (drive shafts)
4. All fluid lines
5. Flywheel
6. New Clutch
7. All nuts and bolts.

No more tranny problems for me. I paid $1150 for the tranny and all parts. Shipping was another $600 arm and a leg for shipping. And $240 for new clutch w/ shipping. It will take 3 weeks to arrive. The labor is goning to be $600 for all. This is going to be an easy conversion.
If any of you are intrested let me know. I can get all parts needed for you. This is the answer to all of your tranny problems. This conversion works for all C280 and C36 cars that I know of. In europe most C280s are 5spd and some C36s all share the same tranny.
If you look at your brake resivior you can see a spout on the side of it that is closed off that is for the slave cylinder in the clutch pedal assy. And look behind the brake booster you can see black plugs were the lines go you car is all ready for the conversion, so dont let a mechanic tell you its a hard job to do its not about 10 hours of labor its in there service books. The labor for the tranny, clutch and shafts is 6 hours remove and install and the pedal assy. is 4 hours.