Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS - Northern VA... 2005 E55 AMG w/ 15,600 miles.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Karlson
Marcus, try to contact chrysler warranty, there is a topic in w211 section about that, they are giving very reasonable prices. man, when are you going to change your signature and avatar?
Whats a matter, now you own the car I cant use the picture
Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 S550
Great looking E55.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 GL450
Does this car have nav or not?

I thought all E55's did, and the interior pic shows an lcd screen, but alas, I am a BMW guy that's thinking about jumping ship - so I am still learning.

BTW...It is a BEAUTIFUL car - and I will have one by summer - but I really want nav.

-ysgi
Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Thank you!

I ended up cleaning the car again this evening and spent lots of time knocking out the interior. In doing so I went ahead and snapped some pictures as my other interior ones weren't that great.

Last edited by Almo; 04-02-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ysgi
Does this car have nav or not?

I thought all E55's did, and the interior pic shows an lcd screen, but alas, I am a BMW guy that's thinking about jumping ship - so I am still learning.

BTW...It is a BEAUTIFUL car - and I will have one by summer - but I really want nav.

-ysgi
Thanks! This one does not have NAV. I was also under the impression that all of the E55s had NAV as well and purchased it without knowing I needed to ask. I should have done more homework on the car I guess.

Cheers,
Allen
Old 04-02-2009, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Almo
Thanks! This one does not have NAV. I was also under the impression that all of the E55s had NAV as well and purchased it without knowing I needed to ask. I should have done more homework on the car I guess.

Cheers,
Allen

The E55 has pretty crappy Navi, best to buy one w/o it and add aftermarket nav, IMHO.

This car looks good, buy it
Old 04-02-2009, 10:24 AM

07 GL450
Originally Posted by juicee63
The E55 has pretty crappy Navi, best to buy one w/o it and add aftermarket nav, IMHO.

This car looks good, buy it
If you mean a Garmin or something - I would understand where you are coming from, but to rip out that radio for a rice-ish new head unit with nav is not for me. I rarely do any mods - at least none that can be seen.

My BMW has fairly lame nav too, but it is 8 years old. I would expect an '05 to have a much improved setup. My sprint phone is way better at nav than my car.

I do like this car - a lot. But I have a goal to reach, and I'm not there yet. I think by June I'll be at my goal, and I may just take a short trip to VA to see this - MAYBE. Im in Pittsburgh, and its not a real far trip.

-ysgi

PS> Bad Luck on the sale OP - just to be selfish - jk.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 PM

Sweet ride! Like others I'm waiting for it to drop some more!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004's and up have the option of Nav, if not, they all have the nav screen and are nav ready and wired, you just need to buy the rear unit in the trunk which can be had in the parts section or Ebay for @500. It plug and play you just have to take it to a MB dealer to get the car to realize you added the nav.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:09 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Reiterating $36K... someone buy this bad boy, I want a Porsche already!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Reiterating $36K... someone buy this bad boy, I want a Porsche already!
Wish you had that price when I was ready a few months back
Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
A few months ago...

it might have brought that price.....
Old 04-06-2009, 05:59 PM

2005 E55 AMG
LOL... I hear ya Craig.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Hey chawkins...

Nice to see another 55 in ATL,,,,curious, do you think the K & N filters did you any good? I know on lots of V8's, they don't help much, but the induction sound is nice!...
Old 04-07-2009, 05:46 PM

2005 E55 AMG
$36K OBO
Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
488 GTB
Just for reference I just sold my 2006 with Nav, no Mods except renntech spoiler but double the miles at 29k for 34k. I think you are in the ballmark if you can find someone who wants the mods. I really think it is crazy how cheap these cars have become. Where else can you get this kind of power and performance for low' 30's.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree, but thing is...

that most people that are willing to pay for the miles expect warranty too. This one has no warranty and no nav (I know it sux, it's just one of those things that poeple have to say they have). The combination of those two is going to make it pretty tough to have a 3 in it, I think. Good looking car, it's just going to have to have all the planets lined up. And in this marketplace, that's tough.

Last edited by allenjdmb; 04-08-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:16 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
that most people that are willing to pay for the miles expect warranty too. This one has no warranty and no nav (I know it sux, it's just one of those things that poeple have to say they have). The combination of those two is going to make it pretty tough to have a 3 in it, I think. Good looking carit's just going to have to have all the planets lined up.
So in the event someone was looking at my car or E55 AMGs in general should be able to afford an extra $2500 to $3000 more to have the box placed in the truck for NAV and pick up a warranty, especially considering the price.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:16 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Duane
Just for reference I just sold my 2006 with Nav, no Mods except renntech spoiler but double the miles at 29k for 34k. I think you are in the ballmark if you can find someone who wants the mods. I really think it is crazy how cheap these cars have become. Where else can you get this kind of power and performance for low' 30's.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
Originally Posted by Duane

u know what's scary? as if depreciating from msrp 100k to $35k in 4 yrs isn't bad enough, these used MBs will continue to drop like a rock. this is what i dont understand - there is just no plateau-ing on resale value on these cars.. wait 2 more yrs and they'll be worth below $20k
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmmm, I can't ...

necessarily say that's true. Timing is crucial on these things, and here, as I mentioned before, the seller is just a hair outside the window--main problem is just that it's tough to sell a $25k, $35k or more car without warranty. And as an inndividual, he has no financing options for the next guy (also tougher than it sounds in this banking environment). This one looks to be in super shape with an honest seller, but the next guy (generally, not all), is going to sign up for some payments, and have to fix it too. And in case you haven't noticed, all these AMG cars, while great to drive, ain't cheap to fix. When they reach these price levels, the depreciation monster won't get such a big bite, until they hit 60k miles or so, and that'll be another big chunk.
I still say it's about all the factors lining up. It just harder than it looks to sell expensive used cars. I have lost tens of thousands of my own dollars finding out.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:09 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
necessarily say that's true. Timing is crucial on these things, and here, as I mentioned before, the seller is just a hair outside the window--main problem is just that it's tough to sell a $25k, $35k or more car without warranty. And as an inndividual, he has no financing options for the next guy (also tougher than it sounds in this banking environment). This one looks to be in super shape with an honest seller, but the next guy (generally, not all), is going to sign up for some payments, and have to fix it too. And in case you haven't noticed, all these AMG cars, while great to drive, ain't cheap to fix. When they reach these price levels, the depreciation monster won't get such a big bite, until they hit 60k miles or so, and that'll be another big chunk.
I still say it's about all the factors lining up. It just harder than it looks to sell expensive used cars. I have lost tens of thousands of my own dollars finding out.
Financing? I apologize I am not setup as an Almo's Used car lot. Not to mention, I don't see too many private sellers offering financing. Maybe you meant giving a buyer the option of taking over payments with a good interest rate and changing names, either way... that wouldn't work for me as I am with a private Credit Union. Last I checked everyone is an adult and can help themselves these days and can process for a loan or pay for it via cash. You sound if everything was handed to you in life and or that is what you expect.

Last edited by Almo; 04-09-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Financing? I apologize I am not setup as an Almo's Used car lot. Not to mention, I don't see too many private sellers offering financing. Maybe you meant giving a buyer the option of taking over payments with a good interest rate and changing names, either way... that wouldn't work for me as I am with a private Credit Union. Last I checked everyone is an adult and can help themselves these days and can process for a loan or pay for it via cash. You sound if everything was handed to you in life and or that is what you expect.
My offer still stands!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:50 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
My offer still stands!
LOL... I can't go that low bud.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow...

excuse me.
I think you have misunderstood my point. No seller, new, used, dealer or individual is REQUIRED to offer anyone any financing. I"m simply saying that 1) nearly 80% of the automobiles in America are sold via financing. This is the way most people buy cars. Contrary to popular belief, expensive cars, new or used, rarely are bought with a sackful of cash or a check. 2) Obtaining a loan for a 4 year old supersedan is much, much tougher than it used to be. I didn't say it was impossible. I just said it's harder. Your competitors in selling your car are not just other cars on this board, but lots of other cars that have also taken an ***-whipping on depreciation, and still have a warranty and perhaps financing optiions (note 1.99 % APR from MB Credit on certain models right now, and around 4% on certain used BMW's. And a used Porsche dealer will probably just come to your house and let you sign up if you are breathing).
I'm not trying to insult you or your car. I"m just trying to say that if you REALLY want to get out, these are your obstacles.That's why I said that to get that kind of price --which is probably close to a fair number with those miles, and for someone who likes the mods--the "planets have to line up".

I'll overlook your nasty comments about my life and situation, which you know nothing about, and chalk it up to the fact that you're still a bit stung over an ugly marketplace and circumstances. Hey, I didn't do it. I'm living in it just like you. Blame your government, your banker, your legislator, and don't forget our friends at MBUSA who play a big role in this. IF it weren't for their greed, we wouldn't have the kind of crappy resale that we do on these "limited production" AMG's.

I'm just saying that whatever luck you, me, or anyone else has had in moving expensive used cars is out the window at this point--its just tough!

Have to sign off now as I have to make the time to go to work at one of the three careers I manage, so I can pay the bank the nearly 7 figures they are owed to keep this going.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS - Northern VA... 2005 E55 AMG w/ 15,600 miles.