Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS - Northern VA... 2005 E55 AMG w/ 15,600 miles.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
excuse me.
I think you have misunderstood my point. No seller, new, used, dealer or individual is REQUIRED to offer anyone any financing. I"m simply saying that 1) nearly 80% of the automobiles in America are sold via financing. This is the way most people buy cars. Contrary to popular belief, expensive cars, new or used, rarely are bought with a sackful of cash or a check. 2) Obtaining a loan for a 4 year old supersedan is much, much tougher than it used to be. I didn't say it was impossible. I just said it's harder. Your competitors in selling your car are not just other cars on this board, but lots of other cars that have also taken an ***-whipping on depreciation, and still have a warranty and perhaps financing optiions (note 1.99 % APR from MB Credit on certain models right now, and around 4% on certain used BMW's. And a used Porsche dealer will probably just come to your house and let you sign up if you are breathing).
I'm not trying to insult you or your car. I"m just trying to say that if you REALLY want to get out, these are your obstacles.That's why I said that to get that kind of price --which is probably close to a fair number with those miles, and for someone who likes the mods--the "planets have to line up".

I'll overlook your nasty comments about my life and situation, which you know nothing about, and chalk it up to the fact that you're still a bit stung over an ugly marketplace and circumstances. Hey, I didn't do it. I'm living in it just like you. Blame your government, your banker, your legislator, and don't forget our friends at MBUSA who play a big role in this. IF it weren't for their greed, we wouldn't have the kind of crappy resale that we do on these "limited production" AMG's.

I'm just saying that whatever luck you, me, or anyone else has had in moving expensive used cars is out the window at this point--its just tough!

Have to sign off now as I have to make the time to go to work at one of the three careers I manage, so I can pay the bank the nearly 7 figures they are owed to keep this going.
Who said anything about getting out? LOL

Misunderstood your point? How is that? You're the one that felt the need to come into my thread and boast us with your knowledge of the obvious. Mad? I'm not mad in fact regarding your statement about getting out... I'm not getting out, I'm getting in and will continue to get in as the economy isn't and will not affect a person like me... I am well invested and well secure thank you and therefore not mad but very happy!

Last edited by Almo; 04-09-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
OK,

last energy to invest on this.

By definition, if you want to sell, you want "out".

I hope everyone enjoyed your huffing and puffing, and wish you no ill will. And if I'm here to state the obvious, why do you feel compelled to comment on it? I said before--and again--that your car looks great, and I also said that your price was not that high. I didn't mean to say anything negative, except to say that it's a tough time to sell an expensive used car, especially one out of warranty. My comments were primarily based on one post that said these cars would be worth nothing shortly--which is ridiculous. Didn't see you jump on him though. Perhaps the truth hit a nerve? I understand, I've been there.
Looks like someone has made you an offer here, and if I know many of them, it's probably way under what you want. If you really want to sell your car, get it out there where someone can see it, like Autotrader or Ebay. Don't blame you for trying. Don't blame me for seeing that there are other issues that keep your car from going away.

Good luck to you. Out. Flame away.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
last energy to invest on this.

By definition, if you want to sell, you want "out".

I hope everyone enjoyed your huffing and puffing, and wish you no ill will. And if I'm here to state the obvious, why do you feel compelled to comment on it? I said before--and again--that your car looks great, and I also said that your price was not that high. I didn't mean to say anything negative, except to say that it's a tough time to sell an expensive used car, especially one out of warranty. My comments were primarily based on one post that said these cars would be worth nothing shortly--which is ridiculous. Didn't see you jump on him though. Perhaps the truth hit a nerve? I understand, I've been there.
Looks like someone has made you an offer here, and if I know many of them, it's probably way under what you want. If you really want to sell your car, get it out there where someone can see it, like Autotrader or Ebay. Don't blame you for trying. Don't blame me for seeing that there are other issues that keep your car from going away.

Good luck to you. Out. Flame away.
I don't huff and puff there sugar pop and for the record.... No, I am considering selling because I want IN something else.

Last edited by Almo; 04-09-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
what the hell is wrong with these buyers Almo. If you don't want to buy the car, just move on, that is it. there is always one buyer for every seller, it may take a week or a year, but it will come.

I just sold my 97 cobra with 18K miles and a polished vortech T trim for $16,500 off autotrader. the blue book and nada on that car was $10,500 but due to the condition and mods I had on it, it sold for WAY more than book suggested. I did have some really dumb offers, but I just ignored them and found a guy that just had to have the car.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
what the hell is wrong with these buyers Almo. If you don't want to buy the car, just move on, that is it. there is always one buyer for every seller, it may take a week or a year, but it will come.

I just sold my 97 cobra with 18K miles and a polished vortech T trim for $16,500 off autotrader. the blue book and nada on that car was $10,500 but due to the condition and mods I had on it, it sold for WAY more than book suggested. I did have some really dumb offers, but I just ignored them and found a guy that just had to have the car.
Thanks Craig! You ended up getting top dollar for the Stang. Very nice! I was just speaking to a guy tonight about losing money on rides when purchasing and selling them. It seems this is a way of life at times. LOL

Hope all is well down your way.

Cheers,
Allen
Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 AM

sl55
still for sale?

latest price? can you get the chrysler warranty with the modifications?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:49 AM

Varies
Originally Posted by chawkins2001

$16.5k compared to $47k.... big difference

good luck w/ the sale!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by lawdawg
latest price? can you get the chrysler warranty with the modifications?
Yes!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 AM

'05 F-250 HD
I went and looked at Almo's E55 this past weekend and it is immaculate!

I haven't decided what car I'm buying yet, but anyone looking for an E55 will be hard pressed to find a cleaner one.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Thanks Sal, really appreciate it!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 AM

sl55
still need to know latest price? you can pm me if you want.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by lawdawg
still need to know latest price? you can pm me if you want.
PM sent
Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
good luck Allen
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 PM

07 GL450
Originally Posted by Almo
PM sent
Why the secrecy? I am actively watching this post.

You never know. I just had my taxes done, and I may want to buy this car.

-ysgi
Old 04-15-2009, 10:18 PM

2005 E55 AMG
LOL...

Price is as stated in my previous PM. Not dropping it any lower.

All can feel free to toss the current economy state, auction prices, state I received my income tax and you never know and also send low ball prices at me but know I will gladly tell them to go buy one at an auction or lot.

I just ordered wheels/tires and am about to stop checking because interest isn't there because of the market and I believe everyone is smart enough to see a private sale like mine will have to be $30K for someone to jump on these bad boys. Having said that, I will not be going that low at present time and I will end up keeping the car if I don't get $36K. Of course I pm'ed the other guy and told him I would be tossing in a HE and new CM30 pump with the sale. Only outstanding info I ‘so called’ kept secretive.

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited by Almo; 04-16-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
good luck Allen
Thanks! Thought I caught a thread where you were thinking about selling your car? I am about ready to cancel and keep it. To sale now, the price is low enough just to pay it off and keep it around and pick up something else in addtion.

Hope all is well!

Cheers,
Allen
Old 04-19-2009, 03:37 AM

2005 E55 AMG
No longer for sale.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
What happend? sold?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
What wheels are you going with? Do you know I had to run spacers on my MRR 20's upfront to clear my breaks. Did you have to do that with your MRR 19's?