Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

03 SL55 Red Interior Pano Roof Distronic Giovanni Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Varies
yea I wonder if someone actually paid $49k or close to that
Old 12-25-2008, 02:21 PM

04 S430 4Matic/03 Ml 320/ 98' E320 4matic/ 73' slc 450/ 05 cherokee
Post nahh

hahaha i HIGHLY doubt it....

seller didnt feel it was too high tho! guess he had a plethora of interested buyers?! hahaha

Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Originally Posted by 4matic
hahaha i HIGHLY doubt it....

seller didnt feel it was too high tho! guess he had a plethora of interested buyers?! hahaha

Funny, I didnt get a call or PM with your offer. Or are you not interested? Im confused because you are posting in this thread. Either way, theres no rush to sell. Maybe you had the wrong idea. My boss isnt looking to dump the car, or sell it at MMR prices. If you want one near MMR, you can come to the auction with me and pick one out. Unfortunately it wont be this one.

Last edited by kdlunn; 12-29-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Esh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Originally Posted by kdlunn
Funny, I didnt get a call or PM with your offer. Or are you not interested? Im confused because you are posting in this thread. Either way, theres no rush to sell. Maybe you had the wrong idea. My boss isnt looking to dump the car, or sell it at MMR prices. If you want one near MMR, you can come to the auction with me and pick one out. Unfortunately it wont be this one.
kdlunn:

The problem that people have with your sale is this: At one point or another the actual owner misrepresented himself and his car, making him a poser. Your boss is a poser who badged his car to look cool, whether he tells everyone he is or not is up to him. That misrepresentation still exists on the car to this day. I think a lot of people would have just left you alone if you had stopped writing novels trying to defend yourself and just taken 10 minutes to re-badge the car to rightfully represent the car before selling it.

Their thoughts were that you would sell the car to someone who would also pose the car. They know that it's an SL55 and you have established that, but lets say someone buys it and leaves the badges. They are now a poser, misrepresenting the car as well. If they were to get an account on MBWorld they would be flamed and attacked just as you were. It is especially insulting to the people who actually own an SL65, who paid for that v12tt.

Granted people can do what they want, but they shouldn't expect praise or even approval for it.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Originally Posted by Esh
kdlunn:<br />
<br />
The problem that people have with your sale is this: At one point or another the actual owner misrepresented himself and his car, making him a poser. Your boss is a poser who badged his car to look cool, whether he tells everyone he is or not is up to him. That misrepresentation still exists on the car to this day. I think a lot of people would have just left you alone if you had stopped writing novels trying to defend yourself and just taken 10 minutes to re-badge the car to rightfully represent the car before selling it.<br />
<br />
Their thoughts were that you would sell the car to someone who would also pose the car. They know that it's an SL55 and you have established that, but lets say someone buys it and leaves the badges. They are now a poser, misrepresenting the car as well. If they were to get an account on MBWorld they would be flamed and attacked just as you were. It is especially insulting to the people who actually own an SL65, who paid for that v12tt.<br />
<br />
Granted people can do what they want, but they shouldn't expect praise or even approval for it.
I was just brought up to respect another persons personal preference, and not let it offend me. If it is your preference to mock and attack those who choose to put badges on the car that they worked and paid for, then so be it, ill respect that. But its a little silly for you to worry about what another man does with his possessions.
And you can kiss my *** for saying I shouldnt defend myself. I believe it was unfair the way I was approached. If any of the posters here have a problem with posers, then I was the wrong person to attack because I am not the one posing, it isnt even my car!! (which was explained in the first post) But most who attacked me disregarded that fact, and posted their comments anyways.
Again, another man can do what he wants with what he pays for. IF you dont like the badges on the car, dont post in the thread, dont call me, dont email or PM me, you arent the type of person that I would welcome into my life.
IF you are a reasonable person who decides they want this car and would take up the offer of me replacing the badges free of charge before delivery, then more power to you, we need more thinkers in this world!
Who was asking for praise?? I sure wasnt. Im not looking to impress anyone or pander to the ideals of the "in crowd". Im sure most of you MB drivers wouldnt agree

And you say its offensive to those who bought real 65's? I dont think you own a 65, so you really cant make that call. I dont think anyone who posted negatively in here has ever owned a 65. So where is this coming from? Feel free to correct me if im wrong, but I doubt it.

To think a person could get insulted over a car badge. Im finally speechless after reading that.

Last edited by kdlunn; 01-05-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:54 PM

Varies
back to topic...

car still for sale?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
The car is worth 37k MAX. Trust me I have been looking and searching for the right car the last 3 months. 37K in this economy nothing more.
Good luck
Old 01-09-2009, 03:16 PM

08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
Originally Posted by AZBENZ-CTSV
The car is worth 37k MAX. Trust me I have been looking and searching for the right car the last 3 months. 37K in this economy nothing more.
Good luck
AZBENZ- I'm not sure of your location, but I think its worth a bit more than $37k. I too have been searching now for the same amount as you, I havent seen a very clean similar car in southern CA for less than $40- the ones that are under are pretty used up.

Last edited by 150shot; 01-09-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:14 PM

Really you can buy a White SL55 2006 here in Phoenix local for 50k.
Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1308

stand by the 37k MAX:::: asking price and selling price are 2 diferent things. Wait 3-4 more months and it'll be 33k.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Really you can buy a White SL55 2006 here in Phoenix local for 50k.
Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2006-MERCEDES-BENZ-SL55-AMG-KOMPRESSOR-WARR-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ170288644494QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Tr ucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?ha sh=item170288644494&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparm s=65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308

stand by the 37k MAX:::: asking price and selling price are 2 diferent things. Wait 3-4 more months and it'll be 33k.
But it wont, because this isnt a desperation sale. I can show you a whole list of cars that can justify my price for this one. It is extra clean, with every option available. But back to the topic, this is a classified listing and if you are interested in talking price, call me or e-mail me. I dont need you in here speculating for ****s and giggles when you have absolutely no intention on talking to me directly. Why? Also a couple things you cant even compare to this car: No distronic, no panoramic roof, and a plain jane SL500 interior and exterior. Why do you people keeping bringing up these base model cars to compare?? Thats right, you dont even have the 37K to start with.

Last edited by kdlunn; 01-12-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:01 AM

YAWN!!! you're just a bitter used car salesman. Don't blame the messenger my friend. Funny you have SL65 badges trying to represent something it's not then lecturing forum members about money issues

Last edited by AZBENZ-CTSV; 01-12-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM

land rover range rover
wow, the hate continues

YAWN!!! you're just a bitter used car salesman. Don't blame the messenger my friend. Funny you have SL65 badges trying to represent something it's not then lecturing forum members about money issues
i always love the people who bring up the cheapest car they can find on manheim or ebay and say that all cars go for the cheapest price. i had been searching for a cls55 that another poster told me that would be sooooo easy to find at mid 30's. when i questioned where, he pulled up a salvage titled , cheapest car on ebay for over 37k. to prove his point. i don't kdlunn is bitter as much as defending himself from needless attacks from people who have no interest in his car other than to berate him for the badging or the pricing. I get on these forums to share information, buy things, sell things, and talk about the cars we love. If i were selling something and people stopped by , not to buy it or look at it, but just to tell me that i am insane for asking too much or just to tell me why my item was stupid, i would probably react the same way as kdlunn.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Well you are new in this thread so ill forgive you, but Ive already said and repeated multiple times that it wasnt my decision to put the badges on the back because it isnt my car!!! Im doing a favor for a friend who isnt that great with the internet. Second, hes actually going to buy a SL65 once this sells, so he will be UPGRADING to what he initially wanted. He thought he would be happy with a SL55 with some Renntech work but deciding against it once he saw the estimate. But whatever, you can come in here slinging mud and not reading a damned thing, it is a public forum after all.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:59 PM

enough said.

03' MB SL55 AMG
01/09/09 NEVADA Lease $27,250 46,609 Avg BRI SIL 8G A Yes
01/08/09 CHICAGO Lease $31,500 25,697 Above BLACK 8G A Yes
12/30/08 RIVRSIDE Regular $30,500 40,915 Above BLACK 8G A Yes
12/18/08 RIVRSIDE Regular $23,750 83,214 Avg BLACK 8G A Yes
12/18/08 RIVRSIDE Regular $22,000 94,446 Avg SILVER 8G A Yes
12/18/08 RIVRSIDE Lease $19,500 93,081 Below AQUA 8G A Yes
12/18/08 CARIB Regular $41,500 31,118 Above GRAY 8G A No

04' MB SL55 AMG
11/19/08 NADE Regular $37,400 34,374 Above SILVER 8G Yes
11/20/08 RIVRSIDE Regular $36,800 31,470 Above SILVER 8G A Yes
11/20/08 RIVRSIDE Lease $35,500 39,717 Above BLACK 8G A Yes
11/20/08 RIVRSIDE Lease $32,500 38,032 Avg BLU 359 8G A Yes
12/03/08 CADE Lease $32,750 34,624 Avg BLUE 8G O Yes
12/11/08 NEVADA Lease $34,500 37,624 Above BRI SIL 8G A Yes
Copyright © 1996-2008 Manheim Auctions

GOOD LUCK!!! I stand by the figure that you have a 37k car retail. After 3 months of looking for an SL as a 4th car I'm very tuned to the market. I hope you do find that 1 guy who might be willing and uniformed of the current market to pay 42k.

Thanks!

Last edited by AZBENZ-CTSV; 01-12-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:33 PM

Jag XKR
This is a car with very low mileage, but the fact stands its an 03, and I agree with AZBENZ-CTSV, I think its a 38-42K car right now, considering you can pick one up in 5 cond at 35 at auction but even though this one is better equipped even though red leather is hard to sell, it can get 3-7k more depending on how much the buyer values distronic, red leather, and those wheels

Good luck selling it, but I doubt this is the correct forum to sell it at 49k considering people are very attuned to auctions and know what things go for there and use that to value things, at 49k you are looking at the high end retail spectrum and I'd sell it on a dealer lot

Just my .02
Old 01-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Almost a Member!

SL55
Originally Posted by hdtv22
This is a car with very low mileage, but the fact stands its an 03, and I agree with AZBENZ-CTSV, I think its a 38-42K car right now, considering you can pick one up in 5 cond at 35 at auction but even though this one is better equipped even though red leather is hard to sell, it can get 3-7k more depending on how much the buyer values distronic, red leather, and those wheels

Good luck selling it, but I doubt this is the correct forum to sell it at 49k considering people are very attuned to auctions and know what things go for there and use that to value things, at 49k you are looking at the high end retail spectrum and I'd sell it on a dealer lot

Just my .02
but it is on a dealer lot, and he has an auction license. why would he sell it at auction prices??? not knocking any of you guys for buying your cars wholesale if thats your business, but I could care less what you can pay the auction for it. If thats your thing, why are you even looking at this car?? It really makes no sense at all. If youve got a dealer license and tax ID and you want a wholesale deal, show me an SL65 and we can talk. If not you arent getting a wholesale auction deal. It costs money to get that auction license, get a dealer license, pay rent on an office and a lot, and for garage liability insurance. The 49K is negotiable but not by 12K. Not even close.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Gotta admit, this guy is taking a beating for nothing.

Why talk about auction prices unless everyone can go to an auction and pick one up? Do you go into a dealer with auction prices and say hey someone in another state at another time with another car is getting it for x amount, so I want it for y amount? They'd laugh you right out the door. Different car, different condition, different history, different owners, different options, different colors...different car. If you like this car here is the price. Dont like it, dont buy it.

I just dont get when people go in on other peoples for sale threads and destroy them with auction prices. If someone is asking $80k for a C63, OK I understand, he's nuts. But if its even within the realm of reality (meaning cheaper than a dealer but more than usual priv party), I just dont get it.