Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Looking For Certified Pre-Owned? Check Us Out!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
To get back to the original question (weeks ago)....

the general rule of thumb on bodywork and CPO for MBUSA is no more than 2 panels painted/damaged-- a reasonably good rule. If most of you guys knew how may of your cherished cars were painted or touched up at the port, you would have a stroke. Is the rule broken? Yes, everyday. But I know that my customers are going to do thier homework. I taught them to. If you don't, caveat emptor. Buy your own paint meter, learn from experience like the rest of us, and you will be in better shape. A good seller will disclose.
I also would like to re-iterate that it is way harder than it looks to get this done profitably and well. I have said SO many times on these forums that most of the cars at the auctions are really average--they don't look, smell, or feel like the ones that people here love and cherish. The above poster is right--most fo them need tires, service, dinging, fresh mats, books, keys (you know how much those cost, right) as well as the things you CAN"T see in the lane (brakes, leaks, belts, etc). I think many folks have the illusion that the Manheim auctions are a happy place where hundreds of cherry cars are parked in a stopped parade, eligible for negotiation, a drive, and a chat with the honest previous owner. In reality it is a hard, noisy, frustrating environment-- where cars barely slow down-- that is WORK to get right. And yes, don't forget to add auction fees and transport to everyone of those cars you buy in the lane. Then, you have to fight with the truck drivers who scratch them, lose them, and have no concept of the truth in terms of time. (Ask me about my friend who just had the roof torn off his Cayenne Turbo by a trucker--who is running and denied culpability (after they called him and told him what happened.)
I'm just saying it's hard to get right. Not defending or bashing anyone. I have just lost thousands of dollars of my own money learning. Been doing it for nearly 30 years, still learning.
Wish 4, good luck in your wagon search. Months after we first talked, I still haven't seen that car out there for those dollars. Not in the condition that we like.

BTW, I will say that a $599 doc is pretty steep, even at a big city dealership! At my little tiny store, I charge $49 for titlework only, nothing if it is hand carried out to another state. And yes, everything is still detailed and gassed.

Flame on.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response allenjdmb. It's nice to see that other people with experience understand the concept. I acutally sold a CPO 07E350 to a mbworld member this past week from NC. He told me his dealers DOC fee is in excess of $800!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 PM

I'll play...
06/07 ML350
Must have Nav, P1, P2
Lighting package, power lift gate
Low miles preferred, CPO
Rear Seat entertainment (2006)
pewter, gold, silver - tan interior (no black)
Clean title, etc.

PM if that's easier

Delivered to FL price
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Almost a Member!

06 C230 Black/Black
Hello. Looking for this:

2006-2007 E350
Sport Package
Navigation
Bi-Xenon
Black, Pewter, or Gray.
No more than 45,000 miles.
Gray or Black interior.

Thanks. PM will probably be better.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

PMs responded to
Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM

can you find me a 2006 s65, color doesn't matter, but i would prefer parktronic, distronic, keyless go, and vcs/mhi cradle. (essentially, a fully loaded one)

thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I just wanted to let everybody know that I have a LOT of new inventory coming in. So much, that my internet department cannot keep up with posting the new arrivals that we have. If you are looking for a particular request, please pm me or post up!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

UPDATE....

I've got a lot of new inventory listed on our pre-owned website. In addition, I have a nice list of incoming vehicles. Please feel free to email me for details
Old 02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Almost a Member!

E350 Saks Edition
Originally Posted by Fraser
There was one car I saw on their site and it was priced 25-30% below KBB value. I was fairly interested and emailed to ask why and they said they just like to stay competitive! Not interested enough to purchase a Carfax on it to found out how though!
A COP'd car should have a Carfax report for it. Ask the dealer to send it to you...
Old 02-24-2009, 11:54 AM

mercedes clk500
do ya sell warranty I just got a clk 500 2005?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

All of our cars posted on the internet have a carfax report, for free. If you do not see it, email me and I can send it to you
Old 02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Almost a Member!

E350 Saks Edition
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
Flame on.
Allen,

I'd hope no one would flame your post. It was right on the money. The internet has changed us in how we buy our cars. I remember how hard it was for me to buy my first BIG ticket item--sight unseen. I simply did my research on the dealor and then talked to him--that put me at ease as much as possible. I also remember the feeling when that truck pulled up to unload my car and me holding my breath wondering if it was too good to be true. It wasn't and I loved that first benz for many years.

With a CPO and the 7 day/500 mile guarentee, you can NEVER go wrong. Shop on the net and find that great deal and start enjoying your new ride. To the guy that flamed the dealer for not answering the question...give me a break! He answered the important question and the other was so obvious it didn't need a response. Of course all prices are negotiable--why do you even need to ask?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

THANK you
Old 03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We just posted a lot of updated inventory! Please take a look and pm or email me any questions you may have
Old 03-15-2009, 12:14 PM

ML320, ML350, E320
Why do you charge such a ridiculous amount for processing fees?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 PM

I agree, the fee does seem to be excessive.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:42 PM

ML320, ML350, E320
Every member who was/is subject to a large processing fee by a dealership, should contact his/her attorney general. Dealerships are known to make a lot of extra money charging high fees to process documents that should cost no more then $50 to process. Not only is this fee unethical in business, it is a dishonest way to bilk a customer out of more money. I have walked away from several deals, because the dealership wouldn't budge on the fee.

They will try to tell you, "our finance person needs to get paid to" or make up some other excuse to get your money. Whatever you do, do not fall for this trick and immediately contact your attorney general. The only way for this criminal behavior to stop, is to voice your displeasure with your state elected officials and hope they take immediate action.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
So you are going to tell them what their costs are? Who and how does someone pay for all those people you see at the dealership? You think a measly $3k profit on a single car will cover all their bills just related to having their doors open and helping you, and NOT including the costs of carrying the note on the car they are holding until it finally sells?
They can charge what they feel is necessary, and you can decide to shut up and go else where. If enough people feel it is wrong, then they will change it or go out of business because no one will buy from them. Apparently, enough people feel that it is a justified amount since they are still in business.

A luxury car is not a life need, it is a toy. If you want your toy, negotiate a bit - get a good deal perhaps, and shut up. If you are too cheap to pay to play with your toy, then look for something else.

Last edited by Fantasm; 03-16-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Thank you Fantasm True Religion, this thread was not created as a flame thread. I would appreciate you keeping your opinions to yourself. I think your opinion is valuable, but when it's not fact based, it's not. There is more than just dealer profit instilled in the delvery and handling fee. I'm pretty sure I posted this in quote in a thread. Look for it so you can understand. It's not a criminal act. We sell more vehicles new and preowned than the other three dealerships in Colorado "combined." I think that trumps the cost of delivery and handling, considering two other dealers charge a few hundred dollars less
Old 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We are currently boasting a 100+ vehicle inventory. Check us out!!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 S550
Originally Posted by mbwestminster
Well hello people,

Sorry that I have not responded to this post in almost 4 days. I've been a very busy man, but that's no excuse. Let me start off by saying "excuse me" to the critics that want to attack this post and blab about auction prices and vagueness on my behalf. There is always room to move on the asking price of a vehicle. If you have to ask the question, you usually aren't ready to buy a car. We have been rated practically the most aggressive dealership in the US and our pre-owned pricing shows it. Almost all of our cars are priced below KBB value. I dont' really like using KBB value, but since a lot of people insist on using it to "inflate" their trade values, I might as well use it to inflate my selling "value" We "rarely" buys cars at Manheim, rarely. We have a large owner base for trade-ins, a great alt-trans department that turns over late model MB's with very low mileage to CPO and we access MBF for lease returns that they sell.

I see that there are SOOO many MB certified salespeople on here that really know the in's and out's of the business. In case a few of you fell short, I will pick you up a little bit.

In order for a MB to be CPO Certifiable, it really does go though a 156 point inspection. If you think it's not stringent, you're wrong. Example; lets say it's the year 2003 and I take in a 2000 E320 on trade that I want to certify. You know how the screens were a dot matrix? Well, if one of the dots is out, it needs to be replaced ($1200-$1500) or it will not get the CPO Cert. There is a cost to certify. Tires, brakes, engine, trannsmission, A service, B service, everything is checked top to botton. What does need to get replaced, is replaced. On every car we sell, we keep every ticket of service. So, if you had an interest in a car, you could call me right now and I could tell you what had been done to the car and what the cost of servicing was. So, you really have to ad in the cost of:

-CPO Certification.
-CPO Warranty.
-Detail and Cleaning. (yes it does cost money, people get paid to do this, it's not a write off)
-ANY Servicing a vehicle needs.
-Advertising Costs.

Feel more than free to go to the auction and buy a car that may be, at best, just a tad bit less than mine. Or, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say maybe you find one that's a few grand less. You are buying a car that is not CPO Certifiable, has not been though a shop for a full inspection, may need (will need) tires, brakes, pads, servicing, etc. Don't forget about shipping. If the auction is where you suffice a "good" deal, do not buy a car from me. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but this is a business and I think we conduct it pretty well here at MB of Westminster. There is a reason why we sell 80+ pre-owned cars a month alone to clients all over the United States; it's not because we're all good looking.

I would have figured that giving "FREE" carfax's on every car we advertise would be a better piece of mind. Not only does it save you $30 dollars, but you can see owner history. I would also figure even greater piece of mind would be the fact that we aren't hiding any accident history on ANY cars we advertise and sell. You CAN CPO a vehicle that has been in a fender bender. There are guidelines from MB for this. Obviously frame damage to a vehicle with disqualify it from CPO, but you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out. Even MORE piece of mind is the 60 picture spread we have on every vehicle, not to mention the fact that we actually take over 120 pictures in case somebody wants to see a particular angle of a car. It continues with original window stickers, full option listing top to bottom, and of course, PRICING.

I'm sorry if a lot of you out there have had bad experiences with dealers in the past of present. But please, don't come on here and make this an open flame session for your own pleasure. It's a waste of time and it really makes this forum that much more unpleasing. Really do your research before making statements like some that were posted. There's a good why reason I have clients in NJ and NY that buy new and CPO MB from me. They trust me, I sell them good product, and I SAVE THEM MONEY. Imagine that, 1800 miles away.

I want to say thanks to ScottCLS55, C2TURBO and loubapache for making credible and meaningfull comments. Again, if I can assist anybody in any way, please feel more than free to contact me. But please...DO NOT shop me over auction prices. That is not how you conclude a "good deal"
I am not a dealer and I have to agree with this guy.

Also, most likely if someone is stating that they will buy at a much lower price, they are bullsh*****.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 S550
How are the preowned 2007-2009 S550's doing?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

They are doing "ok", depending really on what payoffs are on the vehicles. They are pretty high
Old 04-03-2009, 11:31 PM
jsr

N/A
Originally Posted by mbwestminster
We are currently boasting a 100+ vehicle inventory. Check us out!!
Your web page only lists 60 cars (52 Mercedes)...
Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

That's why I have always posted to email or call for more information

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking For Certified Pre-Owned? Check Us Out!!