Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.

2008 E63 AMG AT A GREAT PRICE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, C32, ML320
At the dealerships I work with here in the NYC area, a demo/manager car's warranty period begins when it is sold to the customer (and they can call it new in that situation). A dealer right by me has a gorgeous 05 E55 with about 4k miles that they want a bit too much for. It was a demo. I've confirmed that the factory 4yr/50k warranty on this car starts when it is sold.

So it's odd that a car marketed as new has a not so new warranty.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Name Brand
Have any of you guys ever dealt with a "demo" vehicle or manager's car for sale at the dealership? They are marketed and sold as "new", just as the the OP described in the beginning of this thread. Yes, the car is not technically brand spankin new. It has been driven. But legally, it is a new vehicle and will be sold as such. It is like this at every dealership I've dealt with in CA.
He wrote "the vehicle comes with full MB warranty" WRONG. IT DOES NOT. Over 8 months of the warranty are gone. A new car comes with a FULL 4 year 50k mile warranty. This vehicle does not. Logic prevails, at least among those of us with intelligence. So right there he is being dishonest. This is no argument, it's right there pretty clear. He even contradicts himself with the warranty end date.

I don't care what some stupid Cali law says, or what this vehicle is "being sold as" because it is NOT NEW. Even if it is "technically" new, it does not have the same value as one that is NEW. IT is a USED CAR because it has THOUSANDS of miles on it. Give me a freaking break. I'd like to sell you a pair of boxers I've only worn once. They're new.

I think the whole issue here is that 1. he says "full warranty" and 2. that the vehicle is being sold as new, which is just dishonest in and of itself, even if this is a common practice among multiple dealers. (Is this a California thing, or is this done all over the US? Never heard of it before.)

Last edited by acr2001; 01-19-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 AM

E46 M3
Well I guess the forums members have come through and proven their point, while at the same time taken a royal crap on an MB employee. I have learnt so much from browsing the classified ads over the past month, and come to the conclusion that dealers truely are not trustworthy. Thank you everyone for your input as I have found a great deal of information and with the help of a fellow member a great deal on my E63 AMG.

Last edited by SethKrieg; 01-19-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:37 AM

Sonderklasse
I think the only thing new about this deal is the fact that you will be the first registered owner and when you resell this vehicle it can be advertised as a one-owner vehicle.

Yes technically anything below 5k miles is considered new but to me, even if I were to swallow a car with 2500mi on the odometer as a 'new' car, the warranty better start when I buy it. Personally, I make sure on the bill of sale the odometer reading for the car that will be delivered to me will have below 100mi. Anything more than that I consider 'used' and consequently should be discounted further.

However, in this case, almost 3/4 of the warranty is gone. Nothing new about it, not to mention the ride and drive history of this vehicle.

Hence, really, 'new' in this case is only a technical loophole.

Seller of this vehicle should not call it new unless it can honor the warranty on the day of sale, not the previous in-service date.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
When I drove the ride and drive cars at the AMG event they had at Newport Beach, I actually didn't brake that hard; but I did downshift the transmission very aggressively (which is much worst).

The SL63 was making odd scratching noises towards the end of the day, I suspect it came from the torque converter or transmission.

I would never buy a loaner/rental car or a ride and drive car. Because I know that I'm not as careful with those cars and I'm much more liberal with rental cars than my own car. I do put premium gas in my rental cars though.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I'm having this post removed because people would rather flame this thread they actually have relative questions. I have been straigtforward with my thread from the BEGINNING. In ride and drive events, there ARE cars that are ONLY driven by MB Drivers. I have been to many of these. Maybe you are unaware of what happens. To question my knowlegde being with MB is irrelevant. I am not misleading anybody and am not "glossing" over the truth, RBrenton. You are supposed to be a Super Moderator. I have to be honest, by taking sides, you are not really being honorable at your position....sorry
Old 01-19-2009, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Guys, this is not cool. The OP is a sponsor (ie: without him and others like him, this site would not exist). He posted a car for sale in the classifieds.

It is NOT APPROPRIATE or ACCEPTABLE to behave this way. If you don't like the deal, don't buy it. However, bantering about in the manner you are in this thread is just not ok with the site admins or owners - and should not be for you users either.

Don't like it - don't buy it and continue to another thread.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by mbwestminster
I'm having this post removed because people would rather flame this thread they actually have relative questions. I have been straigtforward with my thread from the BEGINNING. In ride and drive events, there ARE cars that are ONLY driven by MB Drivers. I have been to many of these. Maybe you are unaware of what happens. To question my knowlegde being with MB is irrelevant. I am not misleading anybody and am not "glossing" over the truth, RBrenton. You are supposed to be a Super Moderator. I have to be honest, by taking sides, you are not really being honorable at your position....sorry

Why would you want to do this? You claim "honest" and "straight forward" but yet evade/skirt the issues as brought forth by this membership. Honesty would also list any additional fees such as required for paperwork, etc. which all dealership seem to have. Some of them even tack on advertising.

Unless of course this was written up by management/marketing/sales and you are in the uneviable position to defend.

Do you know Greg? I seem to remember someone by this name being mentioned on this forum by the membership. He built the rep for this dealership based on the positives posted by the membership. Why not build on that instead of taking an appearent step backwards.

$0.02
Old 01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

That's why it says to pm me or email me directy for questions. I did not build an ad for this car, just a post. What is wrong here??? I have been straightforward. Again, super moderators looking soooo dishonorable. Shame on you, seriously.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:47 PM

CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
you are not really being honorable at your position
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

How about you guys listen to the Admin....just food for thought
Old 01-19-2009, 10:03 PM

E46 M3
How about you just close this thread, no one here is going to buy your overpriced car anyway.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to jump onto the "mean bean" band wagon. Just let him be. He's a sponsor, and you guys said what you wanted. Now let him make his sale; potential buyers will read, and theyll make the judgment whether to buy it anyway or not.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Ok guys,

first of all, the point I'm trying to make is this: The car is being sold by MB as a NEW VEHICLE. Why is that soo hard to comprehend??? Second, I do not come on here like I own the place, so settle down newbie nismorg. I did bring a good deal here, and I am straight with my numbers. How am I not?? I think the problem here is, everybody thinks they know soo much more than a dealer that they have to argue and raise points of unimportance on here. I'm not fighting with anybody here. I sell GOOD product, and 30K a vehicle with 2,000+ miles is a great deal, I think. Any vehicle under 5k miles can be sold as NEW. Remember this everybody, since soo many people know. I'm not a genius, but I have been with MB for over 7 years now. I did some work at corporate too. I usually know what is wrong and right, but I will admit, not all the time. Thank you Blk04cobra1. At least somebody has something nice to say. I don't understand why I can't just post an ad and get positive, mature feedback instead of flaming??

AGAIN:

IT IS A $30,000 DISCOUNT, NOT $20,000

IT WILL BE REGISTERED AS A NEW VEHICLE

IT WILL HAVE ITS SERVICING, NEW TIRES AND BRAKES...AND WHATEVER ELSE IT NEEDS

Why is there SOOOO much technicality. I was very clear with everything...lmao!
Um...usually everyone DOES know more than the dealer. I wouldn't trust you so why should everyone else? You wanted mature feedback. Let me know how that works out.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Guys, this is not cool. The OP is a sponsor (ie: without him and others like him, this site would not exist). He posted a car for sale in the classifieds.

It is NOT APPROPRIATE or ACCEPTABLE to behave this way. If you don't like the deal, don't buy it. However, bantering about in the manner you are in this thread is just not ok with the site admins or owners - and should not be for you users either.

Don't like it - don't buy it and continue to another thread.
Uh Oh....sounds like someone cried to mommy.

I wouldn't worry so much about the sponsors being heckled as much as the sponsors trying to rape a potential buyer.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Almost a Member!

MB S550, MB CLK63 Black Series
This is a great price for this car....there's also room to negotiate...

A new car is titled "new" as long it has not been registered...eventhough it has +2K miles on it....
Old 01-20-2009, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
That's why it says to pm me or email me directy for questions. I did not build an ad for this car, just a post. What is wrong here??? I have been straightforward. Again, super moderators looking soooo dishonorable. Shame on you, seriously.
You are stating that i am dishonorable? Prepare for pain, my friend.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

As a "super moderator", you are, indeed. With the status you have, you are in no position to take such a side in this manner. Prepare for pain?? Are you threatening me?? And for the record, I didn't cry to anybody. He posted on his own. I'm not trying to rape anybody.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:51 AM

I seem to remember this guy acting shady on another thread. He was trying to stick the prospective buyer for $599.00 in extra profit, and trying to call it "delivery and handling".

I would like to add that, in my opinion, RBrenton does a great job as a moderator!