Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: *MINT* *OEM* S500 COUPE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stuff
WTB: *MINT* *OEM* S500 COUPE (closed)

Located, Bought. orginal post below for reference. Pics soon in the appropriate thread.

read carefully.

1996+ Only. Miles ideally under 80k but will make exception if condition and maintenance warrants.

If you are a dealer, i likely do not want to hear from you. No i really actually guarantee it, as you have no clue what you are talking about.

If you have repainted your car (or any part of), i do not want to hear from you

If your car has ever had any wheels bigger than 19" amg, i really do not want to hear from you

If your steering wheel looks like it has 200k on it, move along.

If you have EVER EVER EVER ripped the factory stereo or any associated components, cut the headrests or otherwise "entertained up" the car, don't even bother.

If your car has not been garaged 5 out of 7 days, i might entertain you if all other things are worthy.

If your car has been driven in winter repeatedly, or otherwise has rust on any panels, metal parts (including suspension), kindly move along.

If your AC is busted, dont dare tell me it needs freon, but kindly cut 4k of whatever price you ask. Or dont bother, since i'll do it for you and we will waste our time.

If i will see luisiana, NY, MI, MA, anywhere in the carfax, move on.

If you bought your car to impress the girls or to ball around in it, don't waste my time. I can already tell you i will need to pour 6k in it to bring it to acceptable standard, "baller"

ETC

SE region preferred, but midwest is within reach too.

I am looking for nicely maintained coupe, preferably from the original owner or an owner that has an extensive history with the car. It does not have to be perfect but any items needing attention need to be within reason, and it must also show the car has been maintained throughout its history, at least its history with you.

I smell bs and if you hide it well enough, when i go there and see the crap you are trying to pass as great condition, you will sour both our days. So be honest. If that's possible when it comes to mercedes........

Over the past several weeks i have wasted a lot of time and money trying to find one that hasn't been trashed to hell or misrepresented by dealers (again, if you are a dealer, do not waste my time because im done being nice with you and your lies selling pos!).

I want a nice car to give a nice home to. I will probably keep it until i die so it has to be the one.

In even simple words.. i am looking for one in the condition of your average camry! How hard is that? Apparently, it's mission impossible.

If any members would like to let go of theirs for whatever reason, or see a local one fitting most of the criteria above, give me a heads up.

forum pm is just fine

Last edited by gyrate; 09-09-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
you're not gonna get one that picky. sorry.......

GL regardless
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Sounds like you want a nearly new condition, full size coupe. Might be better getting a new CL so you can be sure it's in the condition you want. There don't exist many 10+ year old cars that meet your requirements, especially when you rule out cars because they were titled in a certain state at one point.

Here's a privately owned CL in the Southeast that might meet your needs, but you'd have to investigate more: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

What is your budget, by the way?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:26 AM

stuff
they are out there as i've seen them in the past and i want a w140, not W2xx.

not perfect as much as something that hasn't been neglected. 90% of them are simply junkers as far as cars go in general. yes i know its not the best mb to expect to hold itself up over the years but there is a limit to how bad things can get

yes i want to avoid certain states due to corp leases and flood issues. which is quite alright. all my cars have been SE cars, not changing that.

Last edited by gyrate; 09-08-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Large MB coupes are pretty rare. And the older models (like the E coupe) seem to be even rarer than the new models (like the CL and CLK). And yes, at 10+ years old, many of them are junkers.

I would check Autotrader and eBay, and then Craigslist for cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Miami, and Jacksonville (probably in that order). You'll be most likely to find something in those cities.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:33 PM

stuff
Picky does it. Found a little gem in a mountain town on my last day of the trip by chance. Pretty much full service history from the previous owner. All major components done. Thanks all.