Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB 2006 CLS 55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300
WTB 2006 CLS 55 AMG

I'm looking for a 2006 CLS 55 AMG Black/Black 25,000 mileage or less including premium package, lighting package, parktronic, electronic trunk closer, and keyless go. Must be in excellent condition, under warranty still, clean car fax/history, fully serviced and maintained. I prefer CPO, smoke-free, no accidents and no problems at all, and bone stock.

Last edited by ocpun; 01-08-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for CLS55 AMG
how much are you looking to spend?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:58 PM

c300
I'm up for any offers atm but hopefully somewhere in the 40's
Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
40-43k should buy you a car in the less than 25k range. you can buy cls63's in the low 50's.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:44 AM

c300
Originally Posted by ocpun
I'm looking for a 2006 CLS 55 AMG Black/Black 25,000 mileage or less including premium package, lighting package, parktronic, electronic trunk closer, and keyless go. Must be in excellent condition, under warranty still, clean car fax/history, fully serviced and maintained. I prefer CPO, smoke-free, no accidents and no problems at all, and bone stock.
update:
one owner
30,000 mileage or less

still looking...
Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
tough car to find

u will have to wait until a private seller puts one up...which may be a while......and they are not coming off lease at 25k miles I can tell you that...no where near it...so the auctions are not putting out as well ....therefore the dealers wont get any that low....unless someone trades one in....I just went through trying to find one for a friend...we ended up with one with 50k miles...

by the way miles are not important on these car as long as they are taken care of....most are out of warranty anyway....

I have a 2004 S55 that has 125k miles ..same motor as the cls55...the car is like a new car....
Old 01-18-2010, 05:41 PM

c300
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
u will have to wait until a private seller puts one up...which may be a while......and they are not coming off lease at 25k miles I can tell you that...no where near it...so the auctions are not putting out as well ....therefore the dealers wont get any that low....unless someone trades one in....I just went through trying to find one for a friend...we ended up with one with 50k miles...

by the way miles are not important on these car as long as they are taken care of....most are out of warranty anyway....

I have a 2004 S55 that has 125k miles ..same motor as the cls55...the car is like a new car....
I'm still searching and yes it's quite hard

I guess 30,000 miles or less is a personal preference and if most are out of original warranty and you are not the original owner, can you still extend or get warranty through mb? If not I'm going to have to go with CPO.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I'm still searching and yes it's quite hard

I guess 30,000 miles or less is a personal preference and if most are out of original warranty and you are not the original owner, can you still extend or get warranty through mb? If not I'm going to have to go with CPO.
You can, but it is not going to be a MB warranty. It will just be an aftermarket warranty sold by them but it will not be a MB warranty. Only the original owner can extend the warranty and it has to be under factory warranty. You are going to have to buy from a MB dealer and get a CPO. Get ready to spend the BIG BUCKS!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

yeah u r better off just settling

get a higher mile car...in the end if you do find one it more then likely will be a MB dealer who will demand $10-12k over average retail sometimes...
Old 01-19-2010, 06:34 PM

c300
how much higher are we talking about? is it possible to purchase and add on parktronic, keyless go, electronic trunk closer, bi-xenon headlights, paint job, and glossy wood trim through mb? it would help my search

Last edited by ocpun; 01-19-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

lol

u r dreaming u cant add any of that..........nothing

it is not like a GM when u can get yours options added later....

Good Luck...i will keep an eye out but no promises
Old 01-20-2010, 12:34 AM

c300
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
u r dreaming u cant add any of that..........nothing

it is not like a GM when u can get yours options added later....

Good Luck...i will keep an eye out but no promises
can't even switch wood trims to glossy wood? i thought you could?
i found one with that matte wood trim, 37k miles priced at $53k
i think that's a bit too much?

greatly appreciated

Last edited by ocpun; 01-20-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLE, 2019 BMW X5, 2016 SL550, 1972 Corvette
2006 CL55

There is a silver 06 with 35,000 miles on ebay with a $43,800 buy it now.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
You can swap anything you want on the car, if you're willing to pay. It will be way, way cheaper to buy with options you want. Steve (MBenzNL) does service such as this where he can retrofit various options. Some dealers will retrofit various options, but typically at outrageous prices.

You can swap the wood if you're willing to buy each piece and then install it. You can install bi-xenon if you buy the components and install it. Etc.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:25 PM

I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Originally Posted by saintz
You can swap anything you want on the car, if you're willing to pay. It will be way, way cheaper to buy with options you want. Steve (MBenzNL) does service such as this where he can retrofit various options. Some dealers will retrofit various options, but typically at outrageous prices.

You can swap the wood if you're willing to buy each piece and then install it. You can install bi-xenon if you buy the components and install it. Etc.
A little OT but not much-I looked at getting the full CF interior for my Pcar....it was $8k w/o installing...I about shat-its a $3k option from the factory.
You can swap out pieces of trim for other makes (wood, CF, leather, ect)-and the nice thing is you may not have to swap them all-just the larger eye catchers, or piece by piece rather then break the bank.
GL on the hunt!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:36 PM

c300
so let me get this straight.. I can purchase and swap OEM wood trims and OEM Bi-Xenon (w the active curve illumination?) later down the road but not parktronic, electronic trunk closer, or keyless go. Also is installing OEM Bi-Xenon 100% plug n play?

I was looking at this car.. I emailed the dealer and there seems to be a typo, there was 4 previous owners . I think the price is a bit too much for 4 owners and the resale value after me being the 5th will be terrible.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

thanks for the input guys appreciate it!
unfortunately still looking..
update:
35,000 miles or less

Last edited by ocpun; 01-25-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Swapping trim parts is easy, because there are no electronics. Swapping anything else requires swapping the necessary electronics and controls. For Keyless Go, you probably have to swap a lot of parts, for security reasons.

If you are serious about retrofitting parts, contact MBenzNL to find out more. It will be way cheaper to buy the car you want instead of retrofitting, however.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by emoving
You can, but it is not going to be a MB warranty. It will just be an aftermarket warranty sold by them but it will not be a MB warranty. Only the original owner can extend the warranty and it has to be under factory warranty. You are going to have to buy from a MB dealer and get a CPO. Get ready to spend the BIG BUCKS!
I wouldn't say so. A lot of people here have the Chrysler warranties, I got one for my 2004 S600 and it was only $3200 for 5yrs/70k miles for the top of the line one (w/$200 deductible) that covers ABC and all the other expensive stuff. Sure the CLS and S are rather different cars but it needn't be massive money for a decent warranty.

I was looking for a 2006 S600 with around 35,000 miles on it primarily so it would be less prone to things going wrong, and feel newer too. However, when I saw the price of the warranty for an older car that popped up locally I "lowered" my standards a bit. As long as the car has been well looked after (mine is still MB CPO!) inside and out (mine looks showroom fresh) then you can save a few $$$ on the purchase price and let the warranty pick up some of the slack if things go wrong.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:04 PM

c300
Originally Posted by Fraser
I wouldn't say so. A lot of people here have the Chrysler warranties, I got one for my 2004 S600 and it was only $3200 for 5yrs/70k miles for the top of the line one (w/$200 deductible) that covers ABC and all the other expensive stuff. Sure the CLS and S are rather different cars but it needn't be massive money for a decent warranty.

I was looking for a 2006 S600 with around 35,000 miles on it primarily so it would be less prone to things going wrong, and feel newer too. However, when I saw the price of the warranty for an older car that popped up locally I "lowered" my standards a bit. As long as the car has been well looked after (mine is still MB CPO!) inside and out (mine looks showroom fresh) then you can save a few $$$ on the purchase price and let the warranty pick up some of the slack if things go wrong.
yea i notice everyone here gets the chrysler warranty if its not CPO and original warranty cannot be extended.. is it just as good? I just didnt want to have to go through the trouble looking for a mb dealer to inspect the car before purchase.. Will any mb dealer do it if you pay them a fee?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
#1. Its NOT possible to add Keyless Go aftermarket either way. Not even MBenzNL can do it.
#2. Adding any of the other options yourself afterward will cost more than just finding a car that already has it.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Will any mb dealer do it if you pay them a fee?
They should do, although our dealer was a bit confused by the forms and what we were trying to achieve, after all they weren't to benefit from it at all as it only cost us $169 for the inspection. They might have only glanced over the car but it but it was enough to get all the ticks in the right boxes to keep the warranty people happy.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Fraser

You obviously did not read the post. I did not say anything about after market warranties. The facts are, to get a Mercedes Benz certified warranty, you either A. need to be the original owner and the car has to be under the current warranty or B. the selling MB dealer needs to add the MB warranty. You can purchase any other warranty from anywhere you want but to get a CPO car it has to be done by a MB dealer or you need to be the original owner.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by emoving
You obviously did not read the post. I did not say anything about after market warranties. The facts are, to get a Mercedes Benz certified warranty, you either A. need to be the original owner and the car has to be under the current warranty or B. the selling MB dealer needs to add the MB warranty. You can purchase any other warranty from anywhere you want but to get a CPO car it has to be done by a MB dealer or you need to be the original owner.
I should have probably trimmed the quote down as I read your post as 'getting a decent warranty will cost you a few large'. My point was that needn't be the case.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 AM

2012 MB CLS 550
I know you're looking for a CLS55 but I have a 2007 CLS63 for sale just down the road from you and selling just above wholesale and has warranty left...Check my sig....first line

Lou
Old 02-06-2010, 04:22 AM

c300
Originally Posted by LSM777
I know you're looking for a CLS55 but I have a 2007 CLS63 for sale just down the road from you and selling just above wholesale and has warranty left...Check my sig....first line

Lou
I wish I could afford that.. 55k is out of my range

Nice car, why are you selling it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB 2006 CLS 55 AMG