Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Benz-O-Rama's 2005 SL600 is for sale!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
GawDayum!!! I love this POST!!!!! So perfectly descriptive

Originally Posted by motorkas
I also have seen this car in person and as someone who has gone straight to the orbital polisher after having to take it to a car wash (once) in the winter I can say what everyone else has already said - essentially FLAWLESS (as in dropped my jaw, cursing in my mind, can't look away, don't want to park my car next to it/ want to park next to it to absorb the residual greatness FLAWLESS)!!!!!!
Excellent, you painted a hilarious picture I have 1st hand exp with Black cars can be stunning when properly cared for...Also can look ohhh so crummy w/swirl marks/scratches etc...
Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I have seen BOR's SL600 in person...and he is not exaggerating at all when he says it is meticulously maintained. The car is in phenomenal condition. Someone is going to get a great car! good luck with the sale!

Tom
Thanks Tom. How's the Vee treating you?

Originally Posted by Sg45
That is a beautiful ride! I hope you sell it to someone that either knows how to handle it or will let you teach them. These cars are scary fast and can really be dangerous in untrained hands.

When I first test drove this model, I punched it at 70 MPH on the interstate and changed lanes at the same time. It fishtailed on me and scared the **** out of me.

I politely handed the keys back and bought the SL550. Like you, I have young kids to raise!

That being said, you should have NO PROBLEM selling that beauty! Good luck.
These cars can be quite a handful. Traction control is your friend in the V12TTs, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by JAYCL600
I know Clayton personally and I have driven his car, and "raced" it

I can assure you that it is immaculate and perfect in just about every aspect. Its extremely fast and extremely clean. At this pricepoint with a warranty its a bargain. Good luck with the same man, keep in touch with yourself.
Thanks Jay. Yep, my car is fast but your car is stupid fast. STOOOOOPID!

Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
Just get a new nanny. Problem solved.
Actually Rick, we're looking at her compensation package to see what we can do about increasing it, for her to stay. We don't want to bring in another person right now. She's the only daycare that they've ever known, and finding good people that you trust around your kids and house, is no easy feat. My oldest is five, and on his way to Kindergarten, and my youngest is two. So, I'm of the belief that since boy #1 will be away at school all day, compensation should reflect this. She is of the belief that she can't take no stinking pay cut in this economy. I can certainly understand that. If we can reach an accord, the SL stays.

Originally Posted by vmspionage
Beautiful car, good luck!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Sunir
Clayton bro I can't believe it but I understand why. Everyone who is considering this car, I vouch for it as one of the most cleanest, well maintained, and carefully detail oriented cars out there, definately among all that I have seen. I also vouch for Clayton (BOR) as not only an honest, genuine, and upstanding individual but also a personal friend and fellow enthusiast.

Whomever buys this car will get everything they are hoping for. For sure along with peice of mind that they are purchasing from someone who is trustworthy and stands behind what he says.

BOR, as I mentioned in the other thread, you are always welcome to pilot my SL55 buddy! We could all learn a thing or two from you when it comes to tearing it up at the drag strip
Thanks for the kind words, Sunir. Your SL55 monster should be making an appearance sometime soon, huh?

Originally Posted by motorkas
I also have seen this car in person and as someone who has gone straight to the orbital polisher after having to take it to a car wash (once) in the winter I can say what everyone else has already said - essentially FLAWLESS (as in dropped my jaw, cursing in my mind, can't look away, don't want to park my car next to it/ want to park next to it to absorb the residual greatness FLAWLESS)!!!!!! Add to that the sound, the wheels and the owner, those who are interested should not worry about what they are getting.

To those who have expressed "reservations" - I understand where you're coming from but seeing the car in person and knowing BOR for about 10 mins will make you understand where we're coming from.

BOR - I say 63 Estate - you'll get more satisfaction embarassing people in the wagon - however, if you plan on keeping the vanity plate - S65!!!!!!!
BT, you're funny. Black car ownership is not for everyone, that's for sure. After having the paint correction done, I cringe every time I wash her. She's never seen an auto car wash under my watch, but even with hand washing, a black car will need a 1-step polish every year.

Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Clay, all you need is a back seat, go for a CL600, maybe find one that has some mods and is fast
Don't think I haven't thought about that!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Don't think I haven't thought about that!
sent you a text
Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Clayton, didn't you admit to me that this car had flood salvage title from Katrina?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Clayton, didn't you admit to me that this car had flood salvage title from Katrina?
LOL...

What you trying to do to me?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I keed, I keed!!

You coming up anytime soon? Would like to get a chance to see this baby before she goes.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I keed, I keed!!

You coming up anytime soon? Would like to get a chance to see this baby before she goes.
I'm sorry, once you sit in it, it could no longer be sold as mint condition. Have you looked at yourself?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65
Man, I would have bought this car immediately (and I've been in the market searching for a full month or so). I JUST put down money on another car and missed it. Gorgeous car. GLWS!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
The Vee is good, put down 544rwhp and 601rwtq with a mild crank pulley swap, CAI, ported LS7 TB, upgraded H/E and cat-back exhaust. Up next, LT headers to be installed within the next two weeks.

Tom
Old 07-19-2010, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AdrockTT
Man, I would have bought this car immediately (and I've been in the market searching for a full month or so). I JUST put down money on another car and missed it. Gorgeous car. GLWS!
Thanks. I'll list it this week on the normal outlets if I get a chance.

Originally Posted by TMC M5
The Vee is good, put down 544rwhp and 601rwtq with a mild crank pulley swap, CAI, ported LS7 TB, upgraded H/E and cat-back exhaust. Up next, LT headers to be installed within the next two weeks.

Tom
Awesome Tom! Sounds like you're well on your way to having a monster Vee.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Crappy iphone video added to show SmartTop operation and a little sound clip of exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdqRPTb7UfU
Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Crappy iphone video added to show SmartTop operation and a little sound clip of exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdqRPTb7UfU
nice vid...smart top is a cool mod. Loved when you punched it...buyer beware...gotta be careful with this car....you've been forewarned by BOR!!!

Someone's gonna be getting a sick car man. If I didn't have an SL I would meet you over at Hefs for the MD State Inspection and buy it that day...period!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oddly enough, I'll be at Hef's on Friday to get my Range Rover, Maryland inspected. That's right, getting a Rover inspected at a Benz dealership.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Sunir
nice vid...smart top is a cool mod. Loved when you punched it...buyer beware...gotta be careful with this car....you've been forewarned by BOR!!!

Someone's gonna be getting a sick car man. If I didn't have an SL I would meet you over at Hefs for the MD State Inspection and buy it that day...period!
That wasn't punched/floored, like Clay said 1/4 throttle if he had punched it in that parking garage he'd of burned out from 1 end to the other. Ask me how I know
Old 07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah man, anything more than 1/4 throttle in a parking garage, means certain disaster. This car is just so torquey. It's intoxicating.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
That wasn't punched/floored, like Clay said 1/4 throttle if he had punched it in that parking garage he'd of burned out from 1 end to the other. Ask me how I know
How do you know
Old 07-22-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Yeah man, anything more than 1/4 throttle in a parking garage, means certain disaster. This car is just so torquey. It's intoxicating.
I bet! car sounds great too
Old 07-22-2010, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
on this wheel thread, who is all running stagger fit wheels, what size of tire are you using and have you had any issues with crappy handling/understeer or tires rubbing?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by NEMES1S
on this wheel thread, who is all running stagger fit wheels, what size of tire are you using and have you had any issues with crappy handling/understeer or tires rubbing?
Ask/PM Jon, he has staggered setup screen handle AMG55fan I think he has both SL65/E55 modded to the hilt
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
i am lookin to repeat his setup, I actually bought his old wheels
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: SL600 For Sale

+1. This car is just so torquey. It's intoxicating. Loved the parking garage video.

As everyone appears to be discussing various topics here, I do have interest in both your stock wheels and the 65 tail lenses provided they are not P30 priced.

I'm surprised no one has snatched up this car yet. I've been offered more for mine on more than one occasion than the asking price.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NCE500
+1. This car is just so torquey. It's intoxicating. Loved the parking garage video.

As everyone appears to be discussing various topics here, I do have interest in both your stock wheels and the 65 tail lenses provided they are not P30 priced.

I'm surprised no one has snatched up this car yet. I've been offered more for mine on more than one occasion than the asking price.
I haven't even listed it on any outlets yet. I've had a few tire kickers from here though. One guy was a low-baller/wholesaler and the other was genuinely interested, but is on an SL55/no warranty budget.

If it comes to the point where the next owner wants to lower the price, I might be taking parts off. I'll PM you if that's that case.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
I haven't even listed it on any outlets yet. I've had a few tire kickers from here though. One guy was a low-baller/wholesaler and the other was genuinely interested, but is on an SL55/no warranty budget.

If it comes to the point where the next owner wants to lower the price, I might be taking parts off. I'll PM you if that's that case.
Bro I would take the parts off and sell them seperately...you are more likely to have a sale on the car as bone stock than otherwise. The market on the SL cars are a very wide range...and your parts are nice to sell to those who appreciate them outright...
Old 07-23-2010, 06:03 PM

Gallardo, RR Sport S/C
I am potentially interested.. Does anyone know if you have to pay sales tax on a private party car if you live in AZ but are buying out of state?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JasonLA
I am potentially interested.. Does anyone know if you have to pay sales tax on a private party car if you live in AZ but are buying out of state?
I searched this before and came to the conclusion that you pay tax in the state that you register the car in and you can't register a car out of state if you aren't a resident. I'm not sure how accurate that is though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Benz-O-Rama's 2005 SL600 is for sale!