Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2006 CLS 55 AMG 030 performance pkg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 QS Supra, 06 CLS55, Procharged SRT8 300c, 2JZ Foxbody mustang, 08 PSD F250, out of room.
Wow for some reason I haven't been receiving emails about this post being updated, but it looks like there has been some interesting posts going on here.

Lets clear this up:

Sam emailed me and told me he was sending me a deposit, then the next day told me his girlfriend wouldn't let him buy the car, then the next day he gets back with and tells me everything is a "go". Then he told me he was sending a deposit (i never got one). He then called and asked if I would pay for a inspection of the car (which I declined to do) and he said he would pay for it, I told him I had no problem going ahead of time and getting the inspection done for him (so if he was un-happy with the results it would save him a trip). He also told me it would be 1-2 weeks before he would be able to come get the car and asked if I had a problem with that, I told him I did not. Then I find out via txt msg wednesday evening that he was planning to come pick the car up "friday/saturday" keep in mind the inspection was setup for thursday and was going to require me leaving the car at the dealership all day, and at that point since he pushed up the date he was planning to pick up the car and wouldn't respond to my question of when exactly he was picking up the car (friday or saturday). I called the wheel and tire store (please keep in mind he wanted the car with the stock wheels back on it) and tried to arrange to have the wheels and tires switched. The wheel/tire store had a event going on all day friday so the only option of having the wheels swapped was on thursday (the same day the car was supposed to be sitting at the dealership all day). So I called in a favor to the other mercedes dealership here in kc and they got me a appt to have the inspection done on friday early afternoon (so i could get everything done for sam's friday/saturday pick up). Keep in mind I did all this without ever getting the deposit he promised to send me 7days earlier.

So while trying to rush all over town to try and accommodate sam so the car would be ready to go when he wanted to get it, while trying to re-arrange my work schedule and meetings, I get a phone call from my business partner and he tells me "some guy called here a couple times and left a some threatening messages for you about your car".

So after arranging to have the stock wheels and tires taken out of storage and driven across town to the wheel / tire store and standing there for over 2 hours to get the wheels swapped, spending an hour rearranging the inspection time / date, and doing everything else i could I get threatened? I don't take threats well, especially when i'm bending over backwards to try to rush to get everything done for a person that hasn't held up to there end of the deal with a deposit or any other commitment to show they are serious.

I did call sam and told him exactly what i did all day to try to accommodate him, then i told him i would not sell him the car as i didn't appreciate his multiple threats and ultimatums. I absolutely DID NOT hang up on him or ever raise my voice to him, I did tell him that it sucked he missed out on a great deal on a nice car, he told me he understood and then we both hung up.

Last edited by WrapFactory; 08-18-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:08 AM

99 Trans Am, 78 280Z
Here's a list of things that could have gone differently where we would have taken the car and (I assume) everyone been happy:

1. Out of either of our control: your work partner should have said what I said - I called exactly once and left a message that I really needed to call you back to work out details on purchasing the car, and if I didn't hear from you I wouldn't be able to schedule to come pick it up. What I didn't say is I was trying to arrange a rental and hotel, but didn't know which locations were closest to where we would meet.

2. The email thread doesn't show timestamps on you sending me a message saying the deposit could be refundable, and me saying we couldn't do it. I sent my message at 11:21, and received the reply to my earlier message at 11:22. I received your second reply (saying you saw my message at 11:27), so I didn't leave you hanging for long. The entire exchange of that day started at 10:15am and ended at 11:27. I was misleading but tried to clear it up as fast as possible.

3. On Monday, I probably said "next weekend, or the weekend after," to which I was referring to 5 days away or 13 days away. Checking with other people, it seems like a valid interpretation of my wording is 13 or 21 days away. Sorry for the confusion there.

4. The bank stole Tuesday with shenanigans about purchasing from a private party out of state. I meant to send a deposit Tuesday, but I was stuck with Wednesday morning. The scheduling of the PPI took place Wednesday morning, and I asked if you would accept the scheduling/paying for the PPI as a good-faith indicator that I was coming to pay for the car. On Monday, when we talked about the deposit you told me to not send it until I was sure the bank would work with me, since apparently you heard of issues occuring with other people. Based on that, I was seriously annoyed with the bank by Tuesday evening but wasn't concerned about our ability to reach an amicable sale.

5. The biggest issue on my end (on your end was #1 above, I know how a message like you received at work can go down) was missing the PPI. When you agreed to dropping the car off at the PPI, I assumed everything was in place regarding the short time frame. I wish you would have told me at the time we scheduled it that you hadn't changed the wheels and weren't sure you could make it. I could have sent a deposit instead (knowing it would show up before I got there), arranged the inspection for the following week, and come up on the 13th.

6. If you called on Thursday morning when you knew about the imminent scheduling issues, we would have shared the annoyance of the situation (unlike the resolution at the end of #5 where I wouldn't have been annoyed) but still worked it out for the following weekend.

7. When we talked Thursday evening, immediately after your commentary on not wanting to sell me the car, I was trying to say that the major, major problem I had was not being informed of the scheduling problems until so late in the day, and that if you had told me all-kind-of earlier, we could have figured things out. Even if that was a single text message that said "scheduling issues with the shop changing the wheels means I can't get the PPI today - is next weekend ok?"

8. I never meant to come across as threatening. That said, it would have been better if I made it clear even on Wednesday that if you needed to postpone it then we could do so, though I don't think this justifies your failure to alert me to the situation when it arose.

Last edited by 280Z28; 08-18-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 AM

98 QS Supra, 06 CLS55, Procharged SRT8 300c, 2JZ Foxbody mustang, 08 PSD F250, out of room.
Originally Posted by 280Z28
Here's a list of things that could have gone differently where we would have taken the car and (I assume) everyone been happy:

1. Out of either of our control: your work partner should have said what I said - I called exactly once and left a message that I really needed to call you back to work out details on purchasing the car, and if I didn't hear from you I wouldn't be able to schedule to come pick it up. What I didn't say is I was trying to arrange a rental and hotel, but didn't know which locations were closest to where we would meet.

2. The email thread doesn't show timestamps on you sending me a message saying the deposit could be refundable, and me saying we couldn't do it. I sent my message at 11:21, and received the reply to my earlier message at 11:22. I received your second reply (saying you saw my message at 11:27), so I didn't leave you hanging for long. The entire exchange of that day started at 10:15am and ended at 11:27. I was misleading but tried to clear it up as fast as possible.

3. On Monday, I probably said "next weekend, or the weekend after," to which I was referring to 5 days away or 13 days away. Checking with other people, it seems like a valid interpretation of my wording is 13 or 21 days away. Sorry for the confusion there.

4. The bank stole Tuesday with shenanigans about purchasing from a private party out of state. I meant to send a deposit Tuesday, but I was stuck with Wednesday morning. The scheduling of the PPI took place Wednesday morning, and I asked if you would accept the scheduling/paying for the PPI as a good-faith indicator that I was coming to pay for the car. On Monday, when we talked about the deposit you told me to not send it until I was sure the bank would work with me, since apparently you heard of issues occuring with other people. Based on that, I was seriously annoyed with the bank by Tuesday evening but wasn't concerned about our ability to reach an amicable sale.

5. The biggest issue on my end (on your end was #1 above, I know how a message like you received at work can go down) was missing the PPI. When you agreed to dropping the car off at the PPI, I assumed everything was in place regarding the short time frame. I wish you would have told me at the time we scheduled it that you hadn't changed the wheels and weren't sure you could make it. I could have sent a deposit instead (knowing it would show up before I got there), arranged the inspection for the following week, and come up on the 13th.

6. If you called on Thursday morning when you knew about the imminent scheduling issues, we would have shared the annoyance of the situation (unlike the resolution at the end of #5 where I wouldn't have been annoyed) but still worked it out for the following weekend.

7. When we talked Thursday evening, immediately after your commentary on not wanting to sell me the car, I was trying to say that the major, major problem I had was not being informed of the scheduling problems until so late in the day, and that if you had told me all-kind-of earlier, we could have figured things out. Even if that was a single text message that said "scheduling issues with the shop changing the wheels means I can't get the PPI today - is next weekend ok?"

I agree with almost everything you said except I sent you a txt on the 11th and asked "when are you planning on picking up the car? I still have to arrange to get the wheels switched around" You never responded. I figured that msg would of been enough to let you know the aftermarket wheels were still on the car and needed to be swapped?

I guess the only resolution here is to agree that the communication could of been better on booth ends. The only thing that got me upset was the fact that I was literally running around like crazy to try to get everything done for you and I got threats? Threats are never a option. I don't understand how you can go from sending msgs like "if the car isn't at the ppi by 12:00 the deals off" or "if he doesn't call me back in 30 mins the deals off" or "if i don't here from you by 5 i will just put my money back in the bank" so how do you get from that to.... That you would of just come up the next weekend? From a hurry to no big deal?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:37 AM

99 Trans Am, 78 280Z
Originally Posted by WrapFactory
I agree with almost everything you said except I sent you a txt on the 11th and asked "when are you planning on picking up the car? I still have to arrange to get the wheels switched around" You never responded. I figured that msg would of been enough to let you know the aftermarket wheels were still on the car and needed to be swapped?
It actually never crossed my mind that you weren't doing that at home, though I supposed it makes perfect sense. :o That said, it was the agreement to take it to a PPI that had me assured that everything was in place for a deal that weekend.

Originally Posted by WrapFactory
I guess the only resolution here is to agree that the communication could of been better on booth ends. The only thing that got me upset was the fact that I was literally running around like crazy to try to get everything done for you and I got threats? Threats are never a option. I don't understand how you can go from sending msgs like "if the car isn't at the ppi by 12:00 the deals off" or "if he doesn't call me back in 30 mins the deals off" or "if i don't here from you by 5 i will just put my money back in the bank" so how do you get from that to.... That you would of just come up the next weekend? From a hurry to no big deal?
If you would have told me Wednesday morning when I was trying to schedule the PPI, it would have been close to no big deal. If you would have told me at 9:30 Thursday, then we would certainly have been frustrated with the situation, but it's understandable for things like that to arise on short notice so we would have accepted it for rescheduling. Also, I would have let you know to not bother running around that day, because I prefer to pick the service advisor for the inspection.

Finally, note my added point #8 above, plus I sent you a text separately.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:17 AM

It actually never crossed my mind that you weren't doing that at home, though I supposed it makes perfect sense. :o That said, it was the agreement to take it to a PPI that had me assured that everything was in place for a deal that weekend.
I don't have wheel mounting and balancing equipment, all four aftermarket wheels had to have the tires dismounted so the air pressure sensors could be removed and then the stock tires had to be re-broken down to have the sensors re-installed.

If you would have told me Wednesday morning when I was trying to schedule the PPI, it would have been close to no big deal. If you would have told me at 9:30 Thursday, then we would certainly have been frustrated with the situation, but it's understandable for things like that to arise on short notice so we would have accepted it for rescheduling. Also, I would have let you know to not bother running around that day, because I prefer to pick the service advisor for the inspection.

Finally, note my added point #8 above, plus I sent you a text separately.
If I would of told you what? I'm not following?

I will give you a call this afternoon regarding the txt.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I cant stand it when you get all excited about buying a car, make the necessary arrangements with the seller, and during the count down of taking ownership, the person goes MIA.

That has happened to me before, and after you call to leave your final message about backing out, here they come again, acting all stupid like they did not know the arrangements were final. That is called looking for the best deal for himself and not sticking to his word.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Looks like your a dealer judging from the dealer plate in the pictures and your not a sponsor which makes this ad.......fail! in 3.......2......
Old 09-03-2010, 04:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Possibly also the seller has something he is hiding about the car if he does not want to get the PPI