Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2006 E55 AMG (clean and lots of CF)-warranty too

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nebster
still at 33,9?
Yes sir
Old 12-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for CLS55 AMG
ok thank you, a little out of my price range but its such a sweet car. GLWS
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 AM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Multiple
Sweet car, but priced high IMO (please do not flame, consider this a free bump!). These things go way way under book and you are at the outer edge of KBB excellent. Also, is the warranty a Mercedes warranty or third party?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by xxaarraa
Sweet car, but priced high IMO (please do not flame, consider this a free bump!). These things go way way under book and you are at the outer edge of KBB excellent. Also, is the warranty a Mercedes warranty or third party?
Feel free to go buy one of those WAY under value E55's
Old 12-27-2010, 01:29 PM

Looking for CLS55 AMG
All the mods are included at the 33,9 correct?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Feel free to go buy one of those WAY under value E55's
Thats why he drives a 09 Toyota.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Good catch Marcus, I did not see that. Only mods not included are the vrp down pipes and x pipe as they are sold.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
up top....
Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
LOLL, thanks newb.

I will keep it rather than get creamed like that
No offence but I think your car is way overprice. For not. Having command and having all that cf on the car most mb buyers would be turned down by all that if you want it gone perhaps 28k given that allot 05s with more options run for arou 23 and in 2 days it will be a 5 year old car and that is exactly y you wat to. Sell it sorry man but that's jus depreciation I would loose so much money on my 32 tha I would rather burn it than sell it
Old 12-31-2010, 08:20 AM

04 E55 470 whp
I find it very amusing that some members find the price too high but instead of moving on, they feel the need to "let chawkins know he is priced too high." Do you really think Chawkins has not researched pricing, mods, warranty, market and priced it as he sees the value????????

If you are interested and want to make an offer....do it. Otherwise go find one of those "many" cars priced right and buy it!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:31 AM

Multiple
Originally Posted by brunoboxer
I find it very amusing that some members find the price too high but instead of moving on, they feel the need to "let chawkins know he is priced too high." Do you really think Chawkins has not researched pricing, mods, warranty, market and priced it as he sees the value????????

If you are interested and want to make an offer....do it. Otherwise go find one of those "many" cars priced right and buy it!
Yes, that's exactly what some of us think. That car is priced high, if it was priced accurately, it would have sold already - almost a month since it was posted and he still has it. End of story # 1.

Also, you are on the Interweb. Everyone here is free to voice their opinion. It doesn't cost anything to voice your opinion here. If you don't like opinions, pull down your pants and sell your car to the dealer. End of story # 2.

Nothing personal against chawkins or anyone else. I also find it very amusing that sellers and people like you (you are not the seller and as far as I can tell you are not the buyer either, so why are you here in this thread?) are so sensitive. Time of the month?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:45 AM

04 E55 470 whp
Yes, that's exactly what some of us think. That car is priced high, if it was priced accurately, it would have sold already - almost a month since it was posted and he still has it. End of story # 1.

Also, you are on the Interweb. Everyone here is free to voice their opinion. It doesn't cost anything to voice your opinion here. If you don't like opinions, pull down your pants and sell your car to the dealer. End of story # 2.

Nothing personal against chawkins or anyone else. I also find it very amusing that sellers and people like you (you are not the seller and as far as I can tell you are not the buyer either, so why are you here in this thread?) are so sensitive. Time of the month?
This is a member's board so I would think that you would hope that Chawkins sells his car. Posting that his car is priced too high (your opinion) does not help him sell his car any quicker. Take a look at his membership and you would understand that he is well aware of the value of AMG cars. This is not a vanilla AMG. This is a car that may warrant a higher price and there is a buyer out there for it.

Everyone has opinions and everyone has ***&$#@*! It does not mean you go around showing everyone yours.

If you are looking out for his interest in selling his car, PM him rather than ranting about how high his car is priced.

As far as you can see......how do you know who is interested in his car and who is not??????
Old 12-31-2010, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
That is why XXAA is driving a Toyota and not an AMG, loll. My car has Nav Francoi, it comes with the original headunit for the next buyer. Alot of dreamers on here.

Once again, I challenge anyone to go and find an 06, with these options, brand new 4yr warranty with 0 deductible, tasteful agrades, all for $33,900.00 Once you do that then I will lower my price, until then I will keep the car and continue to enjoy it. This is not a fire sale or a late christmass gift.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:34 PM

Multiple
That is why XXAA is driving a Toyota and not an AMG, loll. My car has Nav Francoi, it comes with the original headunit for the next buyer. Alot of dreamers on here.

Once again, I challenge anyone to go and find an 06, with these options, brand new 4yr warranty with 0 deductible, tasteful agrades, all for $33,900.00 Once you do that then I will lower my price, until then I will keep the car and continue to enjoy it. This is not a fire sale or a late christmass gift.

Dear chawkins, you have been holding the car for a month with no bites, so if I were you, I would pay close attention:

Lesson # 1:
Never underestimate or talk down to ANY buyer. I have sold many cars to buyers who on the face of it, never seemed like they would fit the stereotype for that car. Talking trash is not how you sell cars.

Lesson # 2: This is not an ego contest. It does not serve you well to "challenge" anyone to go find another car. If they do find another comparable car for lower, they will buy it and not give you the business. You are not doing anyone any favors by selling, neither is the buyer doing you any favors. Its simple economics.

Lesson # 3: Not sure if you know anything about finance, but you are sitting on a depreciating asset. Money today is worth more than money tomorrow. Selling it today for 2 grand less is the same as selling in 2 months for 2 grand more.

Lesson # 4: When you buy an expensive car, be prepared for a painfully long sale process if you are not trading in. Be prepared for a lot of people to lowball you. Be prepared to show the car to a lot of people. Be prepared to wait. And smile while you are doing all the above. If you want a few extra coins, be prepared to work for it.

Lesson # 5: If any of the above lessons don't appeal to you, f*&k it and take the hit on a trade in.

I am sure you will come to your senses eventually. Start of a winter and a RWD german car that loses more value every day aren't an envious combination. But I wish you luck. I'm out.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 12-31-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:40 PM

04 E55 470 whp
Dear chawkins, you have been holding the car for a month with no bites, so if I were you, I would pay close attention:

Lesson # 1:
Never underestimate or talk down to ANY buyer. I have sold many cars to buyers who on the face of it, never seemed like they would fit the stereotype for that car. Talking trash is not how you sell cars.

Lesson # 2: This is not an ego contest. It does not serve you well to "challenge" anyone to go find another car. If they do find another car for lower, they will buy it and not give you the business. You are not doing anyone any favors by selling, neither is the buyer doing you any favors. Its simple economics.

Lesson # 3: Not sure if you know anything about finance, but you are sitting on a depreciating asset. Money today is worth more than money tomorrow. Selling it today for 2 grand less is the same as selling in 2 months for 2 grand more.

Lesson # 4: When you buy an expensive car, be prepared for a painfully long sale process if you are not trading in. Be prepared for a lot of people to lowball you. Be prepared to show the car to a lot of people. Be prepared to wait. And smile while you are doing all the above.

I am sure you will come to your senses eventually. Start of a winter and a RWD german car that loses more value every day aren't an envious combination. But I wish you luck. I'm out.

Once again, if your not interested in buying the car, don't comment. Take a look at your other posts. How many times have you expressed your opinion about pricing???? Do you enjoy being Professor AMG of Finance? Enjoy seeing your banter in print? Go be "constructive" on the Toyota boards.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

Lesson # 1:

Lesson # 2: This is not an ego contest. It does not serve you well to "challenge" anyone to go find another car. If they do find another comparable car for lower, they will buy it and not give you the business. You are not doing anyone any favors by selling, neither is the buyer doing you any favors. Its simple economics.

Lesson # 4: When you buy an expensive car, be prepared for a painfully long sale process if you are not trading in. Be prepared for a lot of people to lowball you. Be prepared to show the car to a lot of people. Be prepared to wait. And smile while you are doing all the above. If you want a few extra coins, be prepared to work for it.

Lesson # 5: If any of the above lessons don't appeal to you, f*&k it and take the hit on a trade in.

NEWB
Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
GLWS!

So whats the replacement going to be? SL65BS? G55?

I totally understand amg-itus....... the way these depreciate you can buy the hottest amg from 3-5 yrs ago for a bargain compared to new...... and enjoy the amg-greatness.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I am really torn between two totally different cars, C63 and CL65... That can change too, lol...
Old 01-01-2011, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG

I would just have the mods clean this thread up and get the trash out. Its rude that people would just trash a thread like this with NO intension of buying. you can list it for 40k. And if you feel thats what its worth to you than thats that! On the local board I'am on people get reomved if nothing positive is said in a F/S thread. Carry on.... GLWS (Although I think you should keep her)
Old 01-01-2011, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
That is why I am not worried Evolved, alot of dreamers on here and if I was really really wanting to rid of her, I would ask the mods to clean up the thread. The only reason for the sale is to sit back and pick up a C63 or CL65 in the spring.

If she sits, I have NO issues keeping her.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
up
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 AM

(.)(.)
Hey, does the car raise any when you switch modes?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:36 AM

(.)(.)
Btw, great looking car. How much additional hp do you think the car has over stock?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by brunoboxer

Exactly! I am continually amazed how many people feel the need to 'be heard' and crap on someones thread instead of just moving on when they have no legitimate interest in the car or item for sale. I suspect it is the people who have no power or authority in their daily or personal lives, so they try to use it here.

chawkins has VERY nice cars, and does clean and tasteful modifications, and seems to take very good care of his cars. Anyone who is serious about these cars knows that the piece of mind that comes with that is worth the money. Quality costs money. Plain and simple.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
....Lesson # 1:

Lesson # 2: This is not an ego contest. It does not serve you well to "challenge" anyone to go find another car. If they do find another comparable car for lower, they will buy it and not give you the business. You are not doing anyone any favors by selling, neither is the buyer doing you any favors. Its simple economics....
Since you seem into education, a 'buyer' is someone who is legitimately interested in an item and can afford it. I have yet to see you put your money where your considerable mouth is and make him a REASONABLE offer for his car. You are free to go find another car, yet you felt compelled to come in here and blast someone for pricing THEIR car how THEY feel they want it priced, or what it will take for them to part with it. If you do not like it, why not just....I dunno.....LEAVE! Either that or pony up and make an offer and see what happens.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 E55 AMG (clean and lots of CF)-warranty too