Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: E55 AMG Wagon (I know it's a long shot)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 Estate
PREVIOUS ACCIDENT ***listed in ad...

Originally Posted by VS70
Black/black 2008 E63 w/ 36,600 miles in Lake Worth, Florida for $39k:

http://tinyurl.com/5u6wp5w

No photos. Carfax indicates an accident in New York in 2008.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
19 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by Vntgrcr
MB Collision report listed on the e-bay pictures with no description of extent of repairs.

Must be why price is as low as it is.

Gregg
Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 PM

2013 C63 BS
Wow lots of accident cars. Cars must be too fast for some. Let us know how that black one looks.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 PM

19 E63S Wagon
Yes, 3 in a week. I can handle a body panel or something like that being damaged as long as the frame, engine, suspension or transmission isn't damaged. I always also look to see if the airbag deploys. If there is an airbag deployment I'm out of the game.

The owner of this wagon has been very forthright in providing me information and seems like an honest broker.

Keep your fingers crossed for me...

Gregg
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 AM

E63 Estate
Hope it works out for you because the price right and is well under market.

Cannot erase the crash damage out of the CarFax history, so long as you drive it forever this will not be an issue.

Originally Posted by gedelea
Yes, 3 in a week. I can handle a body panel or something like that being damaged as long as the frame, engine, suspension or transmission isn't damaged. I always also look to see if the airbag deploys. If there is an airbag deployment I'm out of the game.

The owner of this wagon has been very forthright in providing me information and seems like an honest broker.

Keep your fingers crossed for me...

Gregg
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 PM

19 E63S Wagon
2007 E63 Wagon update

The price was under market because of a previous accident. Book was $42k and their price was fair considering it had been in an accident, but still had low miles. The owner hit a deer and damaged the grill, hood and dented the side panel. The repairs were professionally done by their dealership and they should the itemize list of parts and cost. The price on the car moved up as several other interested parties started the bidding. I was happy to take it higher but I wanted to make sure that the frame was straight since it spent time on the frame machine during the repairs. The owner opted for the quick sell vs the extra cash and their dealer stating that it was in "CPO"able condition. I don't want any surprises later so it was a hard requirement for me.

Additional Comments:

Looks- The car was immaculate. You were hard pressed to think it was a 4 year old car. The repairs were not obvious at all..great color match on the hood and the alignment was spot on.

Drive- In getting in a limited drive in NYC it drove fine. Tight body, good suspension, no squeaking or surging in tight turn and the motor and tranny worked fine. The car had all-season tires on it where I prefer to run summer tires in the warm weather and snow tires in the winter. It makes for alot of fun when you see 4x4 trucks and other vehicles in the ditches as you meander by in a high performance sports sedan!

It would have been mine had it not been for a buyer who said he can turn the deal by tomorrow..I hope he isn't stringing them along...Oh well, back to the search..
Old 10-05-2011, 09:22 PM

E63 Estate
Too bad it did not work out. It was well under market value. There is no real "book" value for these cars since there are only around 60 of them. They are rare cars that will demand a value based on their condition and documented past.

The crash damage listed in CarFax will always hurt the cars value, unless the potential buyer does not care about re-sale. At $50k there are many buyers who don't worry about re-sale.

The price was under market because of a previous accident. Book was $42k and their price was fair considering it had been in an accident, but still had low miles. The owner hit a deer and damaged the grill, hood and dented the side panel. The repairs were professionally done by their dealership and they should the itemize list of parts and cost. The price on the car moved up as several other interested parties started the bidding. I was happy to take it higher but I wanted to make sure that the frame was straight since it spent time on the frame machine during the repairs. The owner opted for the quick sell vs the extra cash and their dealer stating that it was in "CPO"able condition. I don't want any surprises later so it was a hard requirement for me.

Additional Comments:

Looks- The car was immaculate. You were hard pressed to think it was a 4 year old car. The repairs were not obvious at all..great color match on the hood and the alignment was spot on.

Drive- In getting in a limited drive in NYC it drove fine. Tight body, good suspension, no squeaking or surging in tight turn and the motor and tranny worked fine. The car had all-season tires on it where I prefer to run summer tires in the warm weather and snow tires in the winter. It makes for alot of fun when you see 4x4 trucks and other vehicles in the ditches as you meander by in a high performance sports sedan!

It would have been mine had it not been for a buyer who said he can turn the deal by tomorrow..I hope he isn't stringing them along...Oh well, back to the search..

Last edited by Vntgrcr; 10-05-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 PM

19 E63S Wagon
E63 wagons (152 imported) and R63(30-40 depending on who you believe) are limited production cars because they were unpopular with the general population. I agree that book value is a guide but the real price is driven by market demand and vehicle condition.

I worry about the structural integrity, safety and reliability of my cars more than resale value. I put my family in my car and trust that if something happens they will be safe.I can't (wont) buy a car where the inherent safety of the original design is compromised because of a previous accident.

Any luck selling yours?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 PM

E63 Estate
I agree 100%, my kids 9 & 12 ride in the car with my wife. The unknowns in used vehicles are many, so generally we buy new.

This car met our expectations of a new car, so there was no issue. In 2007 there were reportedly 67 (as i recall) produced, but who knows how many have been totalled and written off.

My wifes car is still for sale on Autotrader.com with a decent amount of interest on a daily basis for an oddball car.

E63 wagons (152 imported) and R63(30-40 depending on who you believe) are limited production cars because they were unpopular with the general population. I agree that book value is a guide but the real price is driven by market demand and vehicle condition.

I worry about the structural integrity, safety and reliability of my cars more than resale value. I put my family in my car and trust that if something happens they will be safe.I can't (wont) buy a car where the inherent safety of the original design is compromised because of a previous accident.

Any luck selling yours?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 PM

2007 E63, 1986 300SL
Hey guys, here's what I found on AMG numbers

2007 E63 wagon - 67 imported
2008 E63 wagon - 62 imported
2007 R63 - 30 imported

As previously noted, its market value rather than book value that drives these cars. Estates will always be coveted.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 PM

2007 E63 AMG wagon
Originally Posted by Tdiferrari
2007 R63 - 30 imported
Imported all the way from Alabama!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:22 PM

2003 Audi RS6; 1995 LR Defender 90
Know how you feel! I was also interested in the car (supposedly I was the first caller), and like you- wanted to lay eyes on it before any money was transfered. I'd planned to pick the car up this weekend as long as everything checked out. First chance I would've had to make the trip.
Sadly, looks like the car was sold to a guy in Brooklyn, so it will likely continue to spend the majority of it's life under 40 mph and be the subject of infinite door and bumper dings. Not sure that's what Aufrecht, Melcher and Großaspach had in mind, but who am I to judge...?
Ironic thing about this post is- it exposes E63 Estates for sale to help would-be buyers, but at the same time- continuously grows the competition!

Ps- The 5 yr/75k mile warranty was also a nice add-on!

Additional Comments:

Old 10-08-2011, 12:43 PM

19 E63S Wagon
There were also 29 2009 E63 wagons imported...I wonder where they are and how many are still running without accident(s) or other damage. Maybe I need to hold out for one of these ultra-rare wagons.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 AM

E63 Estate
Wifes E63 Wagon still on Autotrader.com, no crash damage in CarFax history.

Now shows 49,5xx miles, she likes it and keeps driving it.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
Originally Posted by Quattromaniac
Ironic thing about this post is- it exposes E63 Estates for sale to help would-be buyers, but at the same time- continuously grows the competition!
and E55 estates
Old 10-14-2011, 12:56 AM

2013 C63 BS
Another one with accident history. 2005 with 54k miles. Asking $31k:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...fada1afe#v4-41
Old 10-14-2011, 06:33 AM

19 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by 3etoiles

The owner states that it has never been in an accident....anyone able to verify this?

It's a sad state of affairs when every listed AMG Wagon has had some sort of accident tagged to its past. The next thread in this saga will soon be "Should owners of high-performance AMG type cars get special driving licenses?" Lol!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:43 AM

2015 GL63 AMG, 2016 Sprinter (family van)
I just want to add my name to the (long) list of those drooling over and dreaming of a W211 E63 Wagon. I just sold my 2004 VW Phaeton W12 and started my search for 2007-09 E350 Wagons when my insatiable desire for "unique" vehicles overcame me and now I find myself hunting for a W211 AMG wagon. I've been hooked ever since our MBUSA dealer rep visited our dealership and let another salesman and me drive his company car around our test drive route. That company car happened to be a 2005 E55 AMG Wagon!

I'd (really) prefer one with tan interior, but I know this is a long shot. I sold MBs at my local dealer (Sun Motor Cars) for a few years so I know that 80% or so of AMGs have black interiors.

Bobby
Old 10-14-2011, 12:00 PM

E63 Estate
E63 Estate - Wagon for sale

AutoCheck is clean on E63 wagon:
Attached Thumbnails WTB: E55 AMG Wagon (I know it's a long shot)-autocheck.jpg  
Old 10-14-2011, 01:38 PM

e63 p30 estate
Originally Posted by 3etoiles

I love how the front plate is being held on by zip ties?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 PM

2015 GL63 AMG, 2016 Sprinter (family van)
2008 E63 on Cars.com

Here's one on Cars.com. Factory warranty until 3/28/12.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...acktype=usedcc

bobby
Old 10-14-2011, 06:22 PM

e63 p30 estate
It's a sad state of affairs when every listed AMG Wagon has had some sort of accident tagged to its past. The next thread in this saga will soon be "Should owners of high-performance AMG type cars get special driving licenses?" Lol!
and of course (re: the latest e63 estate on cars.com):
BALANCE OF FACTORY BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY UNTILL 03/28/2012 OR 50,000 MILES, *** PREVIOUS ACCIDENT ***
Old 10-15-2011, 03:08 AM

2007 E63 AMG wagon
Previous accident definitely does not have to be a bad thing if price is adjusted accordingly. Given the mileage and a few months of warranty, the cars.com car is priced fairly well, provided the accident was minor and repairs done correctly.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by BobbyMerc
Here's one on Cars.com. Factory warranty until 3/28/12.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...acktype=usedcc

bobby
Guys, try and post at least the VIN number. I think that some of these "wrecked" cars might be the same cars showing up over time. This will help us track the cars better.

Maybe I will start an informal registry
Old 10-16-2011, 11:06 AM

08 E63 Wagon
Hey guys. First post but I've been creeping on the site for a year, learning about and drooling over your E63 Estates and building up the courage to pull the trigger on one. Looks like one (of the 24! '09's in the US) popped up in SoCal. Anyone seen it in person or have more info? How do I tell if it has the updated software that I believe occured on some of the '09's? VIN# WDBUH77X19B373635
www.AutoTrader.com/ATCarID/AT-1267AAC2

Last edited by bigwinner; 10-16-2011 at 01:09 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: WTB: E55 AMG Wagon (I know it's a long shot)