Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Full Floored Fab One-off build (Maryland)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
FS: Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG Full Floored Fab One-off build (Maryland)

You are looking at a very well cared for and VERY Fast and Extremely clean 2003 SL55 AMG Roadster commissioned as a custom full build by Chris J. of Floored Fabrication commissioned by me and done in Arizona at his shop. This car is flawless inside and out, it has a custom clear bra, top of the line Llumar Ceramic tint, no nicks, scratches. or dings at all. Paint is in flawless condition. The car is Diamond Silver Metallic with charcoal leather interior and maple burled wood inserts and comes with Mercedes all weather floormats. It has heated seats, auto sensor wipers, uses the new MB series keys (the chrome ones like the new cars have...not the old black ones), dual zone climate control, all the electronic power adjustable options on the seats, HID lighting and daytime running lights, and all the standard AMG features (bigger brakes, supercharged hand built engine etc..etc..).

The car has low miles (approx 7K per year since new) currently 67K miles but runs better than cars with much lower miles, all fluids serviced, dampers and ABC suspension in great shape, no SBC brake problems, Top works perfectly, new battery installed. Engine oil changed every 3.5K miles with Mobil 1 and BG MOA and 44K treatment applied at each oil change, all fluids synthetic, trans has been flushed properly, chassis bushings, control arms, joints, and sleeves properly lubricated at intervals. I am extremely meticulous and knowledgeable about the R230 cars, I've owned 2, an SL500 and this SL55 AMG.

I am 36 years old, a professional and a car enthusiast; I've owned several different cars from each German marquee at one point or another. I bought this car from it's orig. owner who only kept it for a few years before I purchased it on a trade in almost new at the time, I have an unlimited mileage Chrysler Service Contract (CSC) extended full coverage warranty through April 2014 which is 100% transferable to the new owner and comes with the car. The car is runs perfectly and you have the peace of mind of the best warranty out there for these cars which you can no longer get for AMG cars.

The car is clean inside and out, clear title, No accidents, full records and service history included and a folder with each and every receipt, work history, everything I am a meticulous record keeper. Car also comes with original owners manual and related material.

Now for what separates my car from almost every other SL55 AMG you will see out there. This is the ONLY complete Chris Jannach of Floored Fab full build, he had the car in his shop in Arizona for the entire time it took him to do the build and it was so meticulous he told me he is not likely to ever do it again - a real one of a kind - NO EXPENSE was spared on this build, the following are some of what has been done to this car:

- True Long tube custom floored fab headers by Chris... custom mid section x-pipe and full exhaust w/ test pipes and with 200 Cel cat pipes also if you need to bolt those on... this is all Jet hot coated inside and out

- custom intake tanks, runners and y-pipe (this intake is a one off part designed and fabricated by Chris, it is hand made out of aluminum then coated, it's a 3 piece part crafted by Chris, no other one like it anywhere

- Custom 82mm Throttle body with CNC machined bored S/C sleeve

- ASP custom (and very rare) 185mm Pulley

- dual I/C pumps, Front mount Heat exchanger and trunk mounted Remote Reservoir seperated cooling cicuit for Supercharger...custom setup by Chris with the tank under the trunk devider for easy access, the cooling loop ensures that the charger is operating effectively without ever getting into heat soak

- quife LSD

- MBArt toe link kit

- MBArt custom Adjustable Camber arms

- High performance BMC air filters

- SDS ride height adjusted and properly set up with the toe links and camber arms

- OE tuning engine management performance tune, done by Jeremy and ties the entire build together, the car really benefits from this tremendously and Jeremy is the best out there as many know from the cars he has tuned and their performance.

- comes with dyno charts - 509.2 hp/ 589.6 lb-ft TQ on Jeremy's Dyno Dynamics tuning dyno in California which reads approx. 20% lower than dynojet (equivalent numbers are 611.04 hp/ 727.52 Tq) AT THE REAR WHEELS!!!

- all new injectors done during the build

- High performance spark plugs per Chris' spec in the car as well.

- custom Single slat grille

Asking $62K USD o.b.o for the car as it comes with factory wheels and tires ....or it can be purchased with CCW 19" 505a wheels and wider 19" 245/295 tires (for an additional $3,000). Toyos are practically new and wheels are in excellent shape, no damage dents, curb rash or scratches.

You can also choose to get the new/never used CCW drag pak 16" rear with MT Street Drag Radials also available for additional cost ($2000). Wheels and tires.

This car is the ultimate SL55 AMG, looks factory on the inside and outside, but built with no expense spared (over $25K invested including all parts, hardware, extras, and services), so I really put a lot into this car!

This car faster than any other SL55 AMG or SL65 AMG for that matter (with exception to a couple of other hand built extensive projects out there which inspired me to commission Chris to do my build – essentially my car was built to be the sister car to Sal’s SL55 AMG on the west coast, and you know how fast that car is!), the car is an absolute beast even stock it did a 12.03 @115 mph on street tires (my sig below) that's before it went to Chris at Floored Fab!Chris built this car to run 10.xx and have the drivability of a daily driver, those two main goals were my objective in this build, I wanted to make the ultimate understated yet immensely powerful SL55 AMG. A car that can do a 10.xx pass at the drag strip then drop the top and go out for a nice dinner in the evening, then take it to work the next day!

Several members can vouch for this car and this build, guys like Chiromikey and Alan (one of the fastest if not the fastest E55 around), Benz-O-Rama (Clayton), Ahmad (Blackbenz), Jay (Absolutelydriven), guys over at ACGSD, Charlie, Chris of Floored Fabrications, Jeremy of OE Tuning, and more. A lot of these guys helped along the way.

I'm only selling because I just purchased another car and need to make room in the garage, otherwise I would keep this car for sure. Please contact me for price options, details, and more pictures. sunirghosal@hotmail.com or (202) 641 - 8211

Thank you very much for taking a look at my ad, I hope if you are looking for what I think is the ultimate SL55 AMG out there, you consider this unique and one of a kind example. I look forward to your inquiries, comments, questions, and finding the right owner who will appreciate this car, and all that I have worked on with it, and cherish her like I have. Serious inquiries only.

Here is a full set of pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswa...57628975715661

Here are some teasers

Last edited by Sunir; 02-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
I had no idea there was so much done to your car! Sounds like a well thought out project.

Last edited by kustom2k1; 02-17-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
^^^ thanks buddy...yeah this was a no expense spared build...

here are more pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswa...57628975715661
Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Ya I too had NO idea on the scope of your build When did you run 10's down the 1/4 mile What did she Trap?

PS GLWS! But you gotta part out to recoup ANY of $25k in mods (I too know this all to well w/ my own SL) NO way you're getting anything remotely close to $62,000 for an 03' w/67k miles in this market reality states it's worth $35k @ best (that's on High-end too)

Chk Ebay 2004 SL55 w/48k miles for only $32,900 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...t_13825wt_1000
2003 SL55 w/only 40k miles for $35,000
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...#ht_500wt_1064

This 2004 SL55 w/mods wheels RENNtech ECU etc ONLY 6900 MILES for $48k
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...2#ht_500wt_974

2003 w/19k miles for only $39k
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...ht_5328wt_1182

This Facelifted/updated 2008 SL55 w/Half your mileage is capable of fetching $60k+ not an 2003 w/Double mileage
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...ht_19891wt_975

Last edited by Thericker; 02-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
This car is going to be appreciated by a certain kind of potential buyer who is looking for a built extremely hig performance SL55 AMG, the typical buyer who is only looking at year and mileage (which is actually considered low at 7K mi/year) will not appreciate the time, hard work and investment that has gone into this car...there is a good amount of custom fabrication and quality workmanshop that has gone into this car, it's a true one of kind in that regard.

I understand the deal with the mods, hoping to recoup some of my investment there. It's priced to allow some negotiation...I just want to see it find a good home with the right kind of buyer. I truly love this car and for the price that the SL65 are going for now this is less than those and offers better performance.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Sunir
This car is going to be appreciated by a certain kind of potential buyer who is looking for a built extremely hig performance SL55 AMG, the typical buyer who is only looking at year and mileage (which is actually considered low at 7K mi/year) will not appreciate the time, hard work and investment that has gone into this car...there is a good amount of custom fabrication and quality workmanshop that has gone into this car, it's a true one of kind in that regard.

I understand the deal with the mods, hoping to recoup some of my investment there. It's priced to allow some negotiation...I just want to see it find a good home with the right kind of buyer. I truly love this car and for the price that the SL65 are going for now this is less than those and offers better performance.
Ya I understand your point of view totally But how does it have better performance than SL65 AMG? 65 has more RWTQ in stock form & very similar RWHP & infinitely better stock 2 piece lightweight huge rotors, STOCK Limitted Slip Differential, better more aggressive body kit, Superior modding potential & superior re-sale value etc...

Just because you had 1 off Longtube Headers/ ECU/ Rear Reservoir/Basic 55k bolt-ons doesn't guarantee a 10 second SL (Sal had far, far, more mods + removed BOTH heavy stock seats, lightweight batterys, lightweight 2 piece rotors, 100+ octane Tune by OE, the list goes on, & on..)

where are the 1/4 mile slips w/proof of 10 second 1/4 performance? Trap speeds?

Add to the fact you could purchase a similar high mileage (67k miles) but 2 year newer 2005 SL65 in the $60k+ range that only needs a ECU tune & drag wheels & tires to run 10's outt've the box (Some claim such perf in BONE stock 65's yet I find that hard to believe)

PS Jeremy's DynoDynamics is no where near reading 20% lower than average properly set DynoJet, (the rwhp on OE's DynoDynamics reads on lower side by 10% @ MOST but the RWTQ actually reads much higher & very close to ANY DynoJet, it's very odd I know I've seen ALL the dyno sheets & most Dyno's in person in action & seen Alan's coveted E55 Dyno Graphs on Jeremy's Heartbreaker vs Autowaves high reading DynoDynamics -set to read like DynoJet- he made 10% LESS rwhp but slightly MORE RWTQ @ OE DynoDynamics w/exact same mods etc

Last edited by Thericker; 02-18-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:04 PM

2004 SL55
As a point of reference, I just picked up a loaded 2004 SL55 (all options except Distronic) with 44k miles, clean CarFax, Kleemann cams, headers, throttle body, pulley, sport cats, tune and LSD for $33,995.

GLWS! Great looking car. I bet it sounds insane.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I got word your SL made LESS than 500 rwhp on a DynoJet back East? What's up w/that?

Or are you using an ENGINE Dyno to garner supposed 509-611 HP results

think (1) design (2) fab (3) implement solution (3) testing (4) fine-tune and troubleshoot (5) re-deploy if needed. It takes TIME and MONEY and real effort/WORK. Do you have access to engine dyno> not a chassis dyno but a true engine test facility? if you're one-offing performance parts (and combos especially) you will need to measure gains (or losses) emperically...not just by how things feel or sound or how "cool" they look. Performance is an objective index not a subjective inference.
Did you use your OWN advice above since you had ALL these 1-off performance parts Fab'd up? What Testing did you do? Where are your 1/4 mile results to back up these 10 second build claims? Or are you doing what you accused me of? (in your exact words) IE Measuring gains by "How things feel or sound or how "COOL" they look."

I know what would look "COOL" Why don't you post & give the new owner 1 of these 10 second slips? You say those were the goals of your NO Expense spared build, & you definitely know everything about building 10 second cars..
think (1) design (2) fab (3) implement solution (3) testing (4) fine-tune and troubleshoot
(5) re-deploy if needed. It takes TIME and MONEY and real effort/WORK.

This car faster than any other SL55 AMG or SL65 AMG for that matter, my car was built to be the sister car to Sal’s SL55 AMG on the west coast, and you know how fast that car is!, the car is an absolute beast Chris at Floored Fab! Chris built this car to run 10.xx and have the drivability of a daily driver, those two main goals were my objective in this build, I wanted to make the ultimate understated yet immensely powerful SL55 AMG. A car that can do a 10.xx pass at the drag strip then drop the top and go out for a nice dinner in the evening, then take it to work the next day!

Last edited by Thericker; 02-19-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
I have included the dyno charts and all the information given, from the tuner who tuned the car (Jeremy) OE tuning out on the west coast and the builder Chris Jannash of Floored Fabrication in Arizona. The car was on the Dyno once only on the East Coast at ISP when Jeremy was back here in February 2011, that was only for an adjustment to the tune, no dyno sheets were printed out of that I presume because Jeremy simply wanted to adjust some things. I will run this car on ANY dyno the buyer wishes and prove that it makes the power that I claim it does, that is no problem at all.

As for the timeslip the car was built to run 10.xx ... when Chris built this car that was our goal along with maintaining the streetability and comfort of a daily driver. I drove this car across country twice (and one of the times it was getting the car back after it's build and tune out west)! It's never failed on me and been extremely fast. The car was going to be run this past weekend but since I am selling it I do not want to risk anything so she is parked in the garage and on a battery charger. I bought another vehicle so now this one is for sale. As for what the car can run and how I back up my claim...the builder and tuner both of which have done MANY 55K/v8K motors agree that it can and should no problem. That is why I am making this claim, it's based on information provided to me by people who have done this many times on many cars that have produced the results.

Again I have all the info, the car is a solid car, I am negotiable on price...so if you are interested please do not hesitiate to do so.