Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Silver 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG $18500 SOCAL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi S4 (sold), E46 M3 (sold) 05 E55 silver/black(sold)
Iv'e been watching this thread and holding my tongue. Now, I've decided that I'm going to be honest with you. When I was in the market for an E55 back in April, I reached out to you and it took you a few days each time for you to even get back to me. Because my M3 had sold much more quickly than I had anticipated, I was a very, very motivated buyer. I had two trusted by me places to do a PPI, one shop being Benz Werks for cars south of me and a place in Glendale for cars north of me.

In my PM's I left a cell number that you never called or texted and you didn't volunteer one for yourself. So I had to wait for PM's on mbworld. Your reply after a few more days gone by, "I can show you the car this coming Sunday the 28th. If you like it and want to pursue it I will help you arrange a PPI? Fair enough?". My first thought was, I didn't ask you to help me arrange anything. I'm ready to go see and pay for a PPI of an E55. Thus, by the time I had read that response, I had already bought my car from a seller as motivated as I was a buyer.

So my take is that you are grossly misunderstanding the efforts needed to sell ANY used car, let alone a gas guzzling, 100K+ mile German sedan. When I put my 100,000+ mile E46 M3 up for sale, there was never a convenient time to meet prospective buyers. Much as I love cars, buying or selling cars is a huge pain in the a$$, but between work, business travel and dealing with elderly parents who live out of town, I made the time. The most inconvenient of the prospective buyers turned out to be the one guy most serious about buying my car. So much so that I had to pick him up from work, dealing with Hollywood area traffic in the process. That wasn't fun. It's never fun. About an hour after the PPI, I found myself at his Wells Fargo bank and a bit after that at an Enterprise rental car facility, my belongings in my arms. Had I blown that guy off or attempted to make him wait or told him to get his crap together to come see me at home, I would be another delusional E46 M3 owner wondering why my car is still on the market.

My 2 cents.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 amg
Feel better getting that off your chest? I understand your vent but the timing was off on us working something out because of my schedule. Maybe I should of waited to list the car for sale because I had so many things going on that demanded my time and actually being in town. So if your point was to tell me you were interested in buying my car and i just wasn't available then I got that. I got that when I sent you that last PM and you said you bought one already.

It's still a good clean honest car and I'm still trying to sell it so unless you have something to add that's positive in helping me to do so why don't you keep comments like this to private messages? Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression and forgive me if I am but It just seems like your trying to derail what I'm trying to do here?

Car is still for sale Bump $15500
Old 07-11-2013, 02:42 AM

I sure do but you still don't really get it and far from trying to derail your sale, as friends have seen my car and expressed interest in having one like it, I've pointed them in the direction of yours. Where you are concerned, I think we've already established that timely PM answers aren't your thing so why bother sending one.

I'm not implying that your car isn't a good clean honest car and I haven't seen any post to indicate that it is anything less than a great car. I'm sure at least one of my friends has tried to contact you about the car, I'll ask him tomorrow if he's heard anything from you.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W202 C55 (5.4 swapped C43)
PM'd
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by KMS11
Iv'e been watching this thread and holding my tongue. Now, I've decided that I'm going to be honest with you. When I was in the market for an E55 back in April, I reached out to you and it took you a few days each time for you to even get back to me. Because my M3 had sold much more quickly than I had anticipated, I was a very, very motivated buyer. I had two trusted by me places to do a PPI, one shop being Benz Werks for cars south of me and a place in Glendale for cars north of me.

In my PM's I left a cell number that you never called or texted and you didn't volunteer one for yourself. So I had to wait for PM's on mbworld. Your reply after a few more days gone by, "I can show you the car this coming Sunday the 28th. If you like it and want to pursue it I will help you arrange a PPI? Fair enough?". My first thought was, I didn't ask you to help me arrange anything. I'm ready to go see and pay for a PPI of an E55. Thus, by the time I had read that response, I had already bought my car from a seller as motivated as I was a buyer.

So my take is that you are grossly misunderstanding the efforts needed to sell ANY used car, let alone a gas guzzling, 100K+ mile German sedan. When I put my 100,000+ mile E46 M3 up for sale, there was never a convenient time to meet prospective buyers. Much as I love cars, buying or selling cars is a huge pain in the a$$, but between work, business travel and dealing with elderly parents who live out of town, I made the time. The most inconvenient of the prospective buyers turned out to be the one guy most serious about buying my car. So much so that I had to pick him up from work, dealing with Hollywood area traffic in the process. That wasn't fun. It's never fun. About an hour after the PPI, I found myself at his Wells Fargo bank and a bit after that at an Enterprise rental car facility, my belongings in my arms. Had I blown that guy off or attempted to make him wait or told him to get his crap together to come see me at home, I would be another delusional E46 M3 owner wondering why my car is still on the market.

My 2 cents.
I totally understand your point, and it's the main reason why sellers sit On Their cars for too long! If you want to sell, you have to be motivated or your potential buyers will move on to the next car as the market is flooded with every car on all different price ranges now days.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:32 PM

2005 E55 amg
All PM's/texts/call's replied. If I missed anyone give me a shout! Bump
Old 07-13-2013, 10:59 PM

w211
Might pick this up from you by the end of summer if you still have it. Where are you located?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM

2005 E55 amg
Southern California
Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 PM

2005 E55 amg
Bump

Mileage now 119k new price $15250
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM

2005 E55 amg
Bump....taking the car to Carmax this weekend and if they offer me something decent it's gone.

If your seriously considering buying an E55 you guys should hit me up.

$15k
Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1995 C280
Originally Posted by KMS11

My 2 cents.
Don't you just love it when people tell you that you're selling your car the wrong way?

Here's my two cents: My car, my rules, my terms. If I get a creepy feeling from a prospect, I don't meet up with them. Too aggressive? No meet up. Low baller? No meet up. Can't work with my schedule? You guessed it- no meet up. It's the seller's prerogative to sell the car to you or to someone offering $1000 less than you because your work schedules didn't happen to line up.

Your point could have gotten across with a PM. What's the point of calling out the OP in the open?

Last edited by vserduchka; 07-26-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S6 LP640 E500
Originally Posted by vserduchka
Don't you just love it when people tell you that you're selling your car the wrong way?

Here's my two cents: My car, my rules, my terms. If I get a creepy feeling from a prospect, I don't meet up with them. Too aggressive? No meet up. Low baller? No meet up. Can't work with my schedule? You guessed it- no meet up. It's the seller's prerogative to sell the car to you or to someone offering $1000 less than you because your work schedules didn't happen to line up.

Your point could have gotten across with a PM. What's the point of calling out the OP in the open?
Obviously you are not in sales, lol we have some dealers in OC that bring the car to you. People with cash need a car less than a person with a car needing cash.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 PM

2005 E55 amg
Cool, thanks for the bumps guys. Now please, let's stay on the topic of me selling the car.

New mileage 120k New Price $14.5k
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 PM

1995 C280
Originally Posted by jta00r1
People with cash need a car less than a person with a car needing cash.
Not me.

Friendly bump for the OP
Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 AM

2007 Audi A4 2012 E550
Why is there a pic of my GF in your signature???
Old 08-05-2013, 01:11 PM

PM sent.

Does it have ventilated seats or keyless go?
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM

2005 E55 amg
Hi Craig,

I wasn't on the forum yesterday so I just saw your PM/Post. I will follow up with you via phone call early this evening. No keyless go but has ventilated seats, parktronics, dynamic seating, and privacy shades in back seats. Talk to you soon.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM

Sounds good, thanks for the reply.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:56 PM

2005 E55 amg
All PM's and calls returned. BUMP
Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 PM

I've seen this car and driven it. Solid and swift. Sellers also a great guy. Bump.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 AM

06 BMW 4.8iS
Damn where was this deal 4 months ago. Price is unreal. Good luck with sale OP!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:55 AM

05' CLK320
hit me up, pm sent....
Old 08-16-2013, 02:02 AM

2005 E55 amg
Thank You Guys and KMS it was nice meeting you too. Thanks for the pledge.

Taoclk, I just got your PM tonight 11:02pm and I will call you tomorrow after 5pm. All PM's replied.

Bump
Old 08-19-2013, 10:10 PM

620 HP Procharged Firebird
Wish you were closer.. I'm in MN. GLWS!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 PM

2005 E55 amg
I will ship it. I've done it before

TTT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Silver 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG $18500 SOCAL