Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 2006 CL55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
This is a forum site, not autotrader, threads do not belong to anyone. You have to accept that public forums come with the risk of people voicing their opinion. You have a gorgeous vehicle there, and I agree that it's worth more than 5-6k, but the reality is that the CL is basically an S-class coupe, and is very complex. These cars are notorious for having a ton of issues due to the sheer complexity of all the features packed into them. It was about $120k new, those parts haven't gotten cheaper, you're still repairing a $120k car that has steeply depreciated. Personally, I LOVE CL's... I went with a CLK because it's just a lot less complex, thus, easier to repair. There are a ton of CL's at dealers for $9-$30k... But, that doesn't mean that's what they sell for. I hope you get the asking price, but in all honesty, I could have picked up a newer CL55 for the same price as my CLK55 was... With a ton more power and features, but, the demand for CL's are very low, because of people like me who don't want to spend $6k on repairs on a $13k car. It's not just ABC that has issues, supercharger pullies, IC pumps, etc are very expensive. Again, you have a gorgeous car that I lust after, but they just don't make great daily's, which is what most people are looking for in used cars. Good Luck with the sale, and I mean no disrespect, just trying to give perspective as to why it's hard to move this car.

Originally Posted by CLassy_AMG
good thing the ABC is all new in my car with receipts from the dealer

ANNOUNCEMENT! voicing your opinion on how much money it will cost the future buyer to fix or how un reliable these cars are is great when someone post a thread asking about potential problems, but posting these in MY FOR SALE THREAD is not the place for this!

I'd be willing to bet my car is the most sorted out and problem free CL55 for sale.
Please do not respond to my for sale thread unless you are intersted in the car or have something nice to say. Thank you.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 CL55
I really don't understand why there isn't moderation in this forum to keep the a-holes from continuously posting their used vehicle market analysis.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 55
Originally Posted by Scott Simoncic
This is a forum site, not autotrader, threads do not belong to anyone. You have to accept that public forums come with the risk of people voicing their opinion. You have a gorgeous vehicle there, and I agree that it's worth more than 5-6k, but the reality is that the CL is basically an S-class coupe, and is very complex. These cars are notorious for having a ton of issues due to the sheer complexity of all the features packed into them. It was about $120k new, those parts haven't gotten cheaper, you're still repairing a $120k car that has steeply depreciated. Personally, I LOVE CL's... I went with a CLK because it's just a lot less complex, thus, easier to repair. There are a ton of CL's at dealers for $9-$30k... But, that doesn't mean that's what they sell for. I hope you get the asking price, but in all honesty, I could have picked up a newer CL55 for the same price as my CLK55 was... With a ton more power and features, but, the demand for CL's are very low, because of people like me who don't want to spend $6k on repairs on a $13k car. It's not just ABC that has issues, supercharger pullies, IC pumps, etc are very expensive. Again, you have a gorgeous car that I lust after, but they just don't make great daily's, which is what most people are looking for in used cars. Good Luck with the sale, and I mean no disrespect, just trying to give perspective as to why it's hard to move this car.
Actually, the forum has rules against this. Thats why I said it. Would you go to a dealership on the side of the road, make a big sign and hold it up next to certain cars and say hey everyone, dont buy this car, they are un reliable and I dont like the price just for the hell of it?
My price is right on par with all the other CL's out there but mine has a huge amount of new parts, thats why I was surprised I havent sold it (I have way more new parts then just the ABC) the supercharger pullies are new, IC pump is new, door latches are new and much more, and this car is worth more than $13k

Here you go since you missed it. https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...uncements.html

And Bump
Old 01-21-2015, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
There are also rules about where you are supposed to post things that are for SALE. Again, public forum, risk has to be accepted about people's opinion. I was noting examples, And if you want to get extremely technical, seat motors and control units are over 1K for that car... You have a car there that is at risk for lots of parts, minus the ones you've repaired, failing just due to age. Would I go to a dealer and hold a sign? No... Would I warn someone if I was already there, yes.... This isn't a dealership. This is a public forum full of people who know more than the average Joe about the cars that people post about. Again, I have a great love of CL's... But you have to know that someone on here that looks at a CL as a prospective car is also going to visit the CL forum and see the hundreds of "should I buy" threads, and the responses aren't good. People that buy $120k cars usually buy them within warranty, and have $10k of disposable money for repairs when the warranty goes, or just trade up when the warranty expires... Whereas, someone buying a car that has depreciated to less than a New Camry, doesn't have those means... Nobody here wants the brand to be reflected badly because they blew all their savings on a depreciated Mercedes that lost a transmission conductor plate or control unit and is surprised when the parts and labor on a 120k car are in the thousands, so they have a 20k driveway ornament. We post to inform, both potential buyer's and sellers who wonder why nobody has bought their car yet... CL's don't sell easy because it takes a special buyer that will accept the risk. I hope you find that person... Heck, my next car will be a CL55, But I will have 7k set aside just for repairs because I'll need it. I hope you find that buyer, but you have to know that people are going to haggle because that is a steep price because financing is tough, reputation for CL's isn't great, and the timing is rough for selling such a niche vehicle with no collector value at this point.
Actually, the forum has rules against this. Thats why I said it. Would you go to a dealership on the side of the road, make a big sign and hold it up next to certain cars and say hey everyone, dont buy this car, they are un reliable and I dont like the price just for the hell of it?
My price is right on par with all the other CL's out there but mine has a huge amount of new parts, thats why I was surprised I havent sold it (I have way more new parts then just the ABC) the supercharger pullies are new, IC pump is new, door latches are new and much more, and this car is worth more than $13k

Here you go since you missed it. https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...uncements.html

And Bump
Old 01-21-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
www.renuauto.com/forsale lists all of my cars
Originally Posted by fireman685
I really don't understand why there isn't moderation in this forum to keep the a-holes from continuously posting their used vehicle market analysis.
Agree.

This is the best example of a CL I've seen. It may take time to find a buyer, but there is one out there. That person will be a lucky owner. Continued best of luck with the sale and continue to enjoy the heck out of the car until then.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:12 PM

2005-W211 designo Estate
Maybe a consignment with a dealer

@Classy AMG- Just a suggestion: how about listing the car with a local dealership who has a variety of cars & a nice website? They should be able to get financing for a potential buyer, you pay dealer a fee and buyer gets a great car.....win-win in my book.

GLWS!!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:37 AM

CL 55
Originally Posted by Scott Simoncic
There are also rules about where you are supposed to post things that are for SALE. Again, public forum, risk has to be accepted about people's opinion. I was noting examples, And if you want to get extremely technical, seat motors and control units are over 1K for that car... You have a car there that is at risk for lots of parts, minus the ones you've repaired, failing just due to age. Would I go to a dealer and hold a sign? No... Would I warn someone if I was already there, yes.... This isn't a dealership. This is a public forum full of people who know more than the average Joe about the cars that people post about. Again, I have a great love of CL's... But you have to know that someone on here that looks at a CL as a prospective car is also going to visit the CL forum and see the hundreds of "should I buy" threads, and the responses aren't good. People that buy $120k cars usually buy them within warranty, and have $10k of disposable money for repairs when the warranty goes, or just trade up when the warranty expires... Whereas, someone buying a car that has depreciated to less than a New Camry, doesn't have those means... Nobody here wants the brand to be reflected badly because they blew all their savings on a depreciated Mercedes that lost a transmission conductor plate or control unit and is surprised when the parts and labor on a 120k car are in the thousands, so they have a 20k driveway ornament. We post to inform, both potential buyer's and sellers who wonder why nobody has bought their car yet... CL's don't sell easy because it takes a special buyer that will accept the risk. I hope you find that person... Heck, my next car will be a CL55, But I will have 7k set aside just for repairs because I'll need it. I hope you find that buyer, but you have to know that people are going to haggle because that is a steep price because financing is tough, reputation for CL's isn't great, and the timing is rough for selling such a niche vehicle with no collector value at this point.
its a good thing the world has you to tell us all what cars to buy and not to buy. now go save some other people and leave my thread alone.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 AM

CL 55
Originally Posted by GrantRR
Agree.

This is the best example of a CL I've seen. It may take time to find a buyer, but there is one out there. That person will be a lucky owner. Continued best of luck with the sale and continue to enjoy the heck out of the car until then.
Thank you!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Trading in on new years bump

What are you trading it in for

Thank-You
Old 01-27-2015, 04:17 PM

CL 55
Originally Posted by COOPERDB
`

What are you trading it in for

Thank-You
I dont really have anything in mind, pretty much just looking to sell outright.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Let's talk about this again- refresher for people paying attention.

How is the paint? Any fading? Scratches?
How is the body? Any dents? Damage?
Ever in accident?
Detailed front bumper shots?

How is the interior? Detailed interior pics?
How are the wheels? Any curb? Damage?
Tire tread?

We know it's machanially sound due to all the work you recently did. But how does the car look when compared to lower mileage examples?
What is the mileage now?

If this post is ignored, I will not be offended.
But this might be what needs to be described for it to get snatched up.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:51 AM

CL 55
Originally Posted by bentleymp21
Let's talk about this again- refresher for people paying attention.

How is the paint? Any fading? Scratches?
How is the body? Any dents? Damage?
Ever in accident?
Detailed front bumper shots?

How is the interior? Detailed interior pics?
How are the wheels? Any curb? Damage?
Tire tread?

We know it's machanially sound due to all the work you recently did. But how does the car look when compared to lower mileage examples?
What is the mileage now?

If this post is ignored, I will not be offended.
But this might be what needs to be described for it to get snatched up.
No problem at all. those are good questions.

The paint is in great shape. its 9 years old and black, so its not perfect but I would say well above average for an 9 year old black car.

The body is perfect. No dings or dents, everything is straight and no accidents.

The interior is a 9.5/10. The seats still look and feel new, everything works. The interior is probably the best shape out of everything.

The wheels have a little bit of curbage from the previous owner, and some fading, I would recommend re-finishing them.

The tire tread is good. The rears were replaced about 6 months ago and still at least 60% on them, the fronts are getting closer to needing to be replaced, but should still be good to go til at least spring time.

I havent seen any other CL's. Here in Utah people dont really buy cars like this unless its new. I know there is another 55 around but I've never been able to get close to it but I would guess mine looks just as nice as most lower mile cars if not better.

The mileage is at 103k now.

I dont have detailed pics of the bumpers or the inside, but I will take some and throw them up.

Does anyone have any other specific photos they would like to see while I am at it?
Old 01-28-2015, 07:07 PM

2009 Audi R8
Going on 7 months trying to sell this Just drop the price down already to 15k and be done with it you already lost 3k for going over 100k miles
Old 01-29-2015, 03:11 PM

CL 55
Originally Posted by nytojerz
Going on 7 months trying to sell this Just drop the price down already to 15k and be done with it you already lost 3k for going over 100k miles
Ive turned down many offers over $15k so thats not happening. but ya its been a while. Id take this one over everyone out there with less miles. 100k is nothing for a 9 year old car. there is a lot of people with these cars on here with 60k on them having lots of issues right now, while mine has still been problem free this whole time
Old 01-29-2015, 04:22 PM

3-pointed star
You're forgetting you are selling a CL55 that doesn't include a warranty. $19K would be perfectly acceptable if you had extended warranty.

My 0.02 take it however you want...
Old 02-03-2015, 11:35 AM

CL 55
bump
Old 02-08-2015, 10:58 AM

CL63 AMG Special Edition
Good luck with sale bud, there's a seat for everyone
Old 02-08-2015, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NB8 PARACHUTE
`

When you were thinking about trading it in

What did the dealer(s) say they would give

for your car ---
Old 02-09-2015, 10:37 AM

CL 55
Originally Posted by COOPERDB
`

When you were thinking about trading it in

What did the dealer(s) say they would give

for your car ---
I havent taken it to the dealer yet. Im just gonna hold onto it until it sells.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:51 AM

CL 55
bump
Old 02-26-2015, 03:07 PM

CL 55
bump
Old 03-13-2015, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
good thing the ABC is all new in my car with receipts from the dealer

ANNOUNCEMENT! voicing your opinion on how much money it will cost the future buyer to fix or how un reliable these cars are is great when someone post a thread asking about potential problems, but posting these in MY FOR SALE THREAD is not the place for this!

I'd be willing to bet my car is the most sorted out and problem free CL55 for sale.
Please do not respond to my for sale thread unless you are intersted in the car or have something nice to say. Thank you.

You tell 'em! Free bump for a beautiful looking car!

Originally Posted by fireman685

AMEN!
Old 03-13-2015, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
Ive turned down many offers over $15k so thats not happening. but ya its been a while. Id take this one over everyone out there with less miles. 100k is nothing for a 9 year old car. there is a lot of people with these cars on here with 60k on them having lots of issues right now, while mine has still been problem free this whole time

...and I couldn't have said it better myself!!! My car has 93k on it and I just handled everything possible to be sure that it will not give me any problems and the things that I didn't do were already done when I got it 5-6 months ago. My interior looks better then most 50k mile cars and my original paint is in incredible condition and definitely better then most 30k mile cars! Ask Urbanworm, he went and checked it out for me!

With these cars it's not about the miles when talking about a 60k mile car or a 100k mile car, it's about how well maintained it is! That's a fact!

...and NO, mine isn't for sale yet!

Again, GLWS buddy!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL600
Originally Posted by SL55_Forever
You're forgetting you are selling a CL55 that doesn't include a warranty. $19K would be perfectly acceptable if you had extended warranty.

My 0.02 take it however you want...
I've got one for sale with nearly 2 yrs warranty left (03' CL600)
Old 04-17-2015, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Has this car sold

If not what is the current asking price

Thank-You
D.B.

`

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2006 CL55 AMG