Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2004 E55 For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Tahoe
2004 E55 For Sale

Up for grabs is a 2004 E55. I'm about to trade it into the dealer but before I do I figure I would stick it out on a few sites a week before see if anybody is interested. It has 113k miles on it. I am the third owner. I purchased the car about 4 years with only 57k on it. It has a few issues that I'll be upfront about. The biggest one currently is the a/c compressor pulley bearings are shot. I currently have a bypass belt running so no a/c. The replacement compressor is only about $250-300 if your capable of doing it yourself. I was going to tackle it but don't have the time or garage to do it these days. Second is there is a crack in the windshield. Happened last year about this time and hasn't spread any bigger than the 6" in the top right corner of the passenger side. I've called to get pricing for replacement and it's $350 dollars installed from Safelite. The car is in great shape for a 14 year old car. No dings. the normal rock chips on the hood and interior is in great shape. The drivers seat has some wear on it but it's 14 years old. I have a set of winter rims and tires with brand new blizzaks on them last year. I also have 2 spare rear rims. When you live in Sh*tty michigan with these roads you better have extras. I have brand new set of weathertech car mats as well that I can throw in. I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or not but thinking of letting it all go for $12k. I'm sure you guys will let me know if I'm missing something.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 E55 For Sale-img_5304.jpg   2004 E55 For Sale-img_5305.jpg   2004 E55 For Sale-img_5306.jpg   2004 E55 For Sale-img_5307.jpg   2004 E55 For Sale-img_5309.jpg  

2004 E55 For Sale-img_5311.jpg   2004 E55 For Sale-img_5312.jpg   2004 E55 For Sale-img_5313.jpg  

Last edited by rlaity3; 07-24-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 and 2007 Maxima
IMO, if your going to trade it in anyway I say offer to sell it to the forum for what they are willing to pay you to trade it in for. The dealer will ship it off to a auction, at least if you sell it here it goes to an enthusiast (Not that you might care where it goes as long you get your money.)

Another reason I think it wouldn't be a bad idea is the CarFax state ONE (1) service record for a 13+ year old car. You car have 113k and the last reported anything in any system that is searchable it seems was 57k. I'm not saying you didn't take care of the car but it would be a great buffer for the next owner to fix whatever needs to be fixed.

It's a E55 BEAST, and it will sell.. GOOD luck selling that beautiful car.!
Old 07-24-2017, 09:55 AM

2008 CLK550
I'm not sure if Safelite differs by location, but I've had them install a new windshield on my Mazdaspeed 3 and my wifes Audi A4 and both were $750 installed. Of that we paid our deductible from insurance company of $500 so they covered the rest, but $750 seems to be the going rate for a windshield installed. Based on the mileage, malfunctions, and no A/C with lack of service history, you're better off trading it in. No enthusiast on this forum is going to touch that car for $12K. I don't mean this in a rude way, i just wanted to give you honesty from a fellow car enthusiast. Also, why no service history? Did you perform your own maintenance the entire 4 years?
Old 07-24-2017, 09:19 PM

2007 Tahoe
I don't know if the Safe-lite was a discounted price cause my company used to own that business before Safe-lite bought it so it could have been a company discount of some sort. As far as the service history goes I only posted that from when I bought it. I had a warranty on the car for the past 4 years from when I purchased it. All of the work done was performed at the Mercedes dealership. Thanks for the feedback. I would take 10-11k for it without the extras as it's probably going to the dealership in the next 2-3 days.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:30 PM

2008 CLK550
If you have had it serviced by the dealer, pay for a new Carfax and post that so people can see what's been done. Cmon man why would you post such an old carfax report. Lol.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:08 PM

2007 Tahoe
lol ok. I'll at least go remove it. I was just pointing out that prior to me there were no accidents and still none. Without paying for the carfax a few things I can remember which there weren't too many of. Motor mount, ball joint, head gasket or valve cover gasket. Can't remember which one now. But since I didn't pay for it it doesn't stick out in my head. Air compressor. Gas tank recall was done. Oil level sensor. Nothing major.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
F80 M3, CLK63 Black Series, E350
I'm not trying to butcher your ad but those are all fairly major services referenced in the post above. Proof and records to show for those repairs would greatly help with the sale of the car. The extra 40 bucks spent on a current carfax and the trip to the local MB store for a copy of work orders performed under your ownership would definitely be worth your while in this case. The little extra effort put in on the front end will easily garner an extra thousand or two on the back end. Current state, as mentioned by other posters above, a dealer will probably give you half of your list price on trade. With proof of the work and a little effort you could easily pull the 10-11k you are looking for. Awesome car I've owned one in the past, just figured I'd throw in my 2 cents and try and help out a fellow mb owner.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:38 PM

E55 AMG
pm sent.